Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-12-2002, 09:46 PM   #21
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

wait, second thought, more close ups of elijah, orlando bloom, (and for the guys) Liv Tyler.. plus pippen and merry, and sam and aragorn, (billy, dominic, sean, and viggo)

mmmm.. close ups.. sweet -nas!
Old 06-13-2002, 07:22 AM   #22
viggosbeard
Elven Warrior

i think maybe thats the one thing the fellowship lacked , it needed more Arwen - rock on PJ.
And your ride home
You cant avoid her
Shes in the air
In between molecules
Of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide
Only in dreams
viggosbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 06:56 PM   #23
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

RE: TTT getting more scenes!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vigosbeard: i think maybe thats the one thing the fellowship lacked , it needed more Arwen - rock on PJ.
Your name is hereby entered into my Dark Codex of Enemies, you're in for it now Viggosbeard!
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.
Captain Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 08:09 PM   #24
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yeah, he's in my bad book of tickles as well.

Could someone please explain what is so sexy about someone who slouches, and looks like a mutant kid-cow type thing?
Old 06-13-2002, 08:24 PM   #25
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ringbearer

As for Star Wars, at least in my mind, it has already been outdone(probably because I'm completely and irrevocably snagged on LotR)!
I absolutely agree!
Who will be thinking about Star Wars six months from now?

But I have to disagree about that quote: Arwen wouldn't have had to say it if they hadnt made Frodo a wimp in that scene. He could've been very sick and still said his lines and then fainted. Happens all the time.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2002, 12:53 AM   #26
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I definintely think that the FOTR needed less Arwen, not more. Watch out, Viggo. I don't think Liv is ugly, but I really hate her voice in the film. I have in my head her saying "A ranger caught off his guard", or whatever she says. Ugh.
Old 06-14-2002, 09:41 PM   #27
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
Yeah, I guess that's true, Entlover. But for media purposes they had to have Frodo worse off than in the book, didn't they?

Mr. Jackson needed some more scary scenes in there, so he plumped for Weathertop. Having chosen those scenes, he had to play up those scenes to add to the suspense for all the movie goers who hadn't read the books.

Besides who doesn't enjoy seeing the hero in dire straits?

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 12:34 AM   #28
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

RE: TTT getting more scenes!

Quote:
But for media purposes they had to have Frodo worse off than in the book, didn't they?
Why is that?
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.
Captain Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 05:35 AM   #29
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

More drama, more sympathy. In a book you can explain mental anguish and it works - it strikes a cord with you and you feel what he feels . . . but you can't do that in a movie. You have to visually interpret his pain film-wise because you can't have a narrator explaining what's going on in his head. You must use physical and outer pain to replace the mental. Otherwise, he'll appear quite normal and where's the drama and suspense in that?

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 06-15-2002 at 05:38 AM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 10:51 PM   #30
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Exactly!

Frodo lives!
Old 06-16-2002, 07:46 PM   #31
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Quote:
Uummm... I actually thought it was a good idea to have Arwen say those lines. I prefer Frodo's line but as he was in no condition to speak, Arwen did alright.
At least you got over the Arwen Zena thing, as did I and as I think EVERYONE should. At least we still have the books. There's no need to go on griping about the movie because it didn't follow the book. So I dont think anybody stands on any grounds to kill you because you liked the Arwen thing. Nobody's killed me so far.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quote:
Could someone please explain what is so sexy about someone who slouches, and looks like a mutant kid-cow type thing?
I dont remember anyone looking like a mutant cow in LOTR, unless it's Ian McKellen you're talking about but I dont think ANYONE on this board thinks Ian McKellen is sexy, and anyway there are only three REALLY sexy guys in LOTR. Veggo Mortensen :P, Orlando Bloom, and Elijah Wood. Viggo is the only one who would slouch because personally he may have the looks of a ranger BUT he doesn't act like it, so I guess that might be where the cow and sloucher comments come in. But he doesn't look like a kid.
Orlando Bloom neither slouches, looks(or acts) like a cow, or looks like a kid. That discription doesn't fit him.
Now Elijah Wood. The only time I recall him slouching is in Bree OR on Asfaloth on the way to Rivendell, he looks like a kid, and granted his teeth are kind of bovinish. So you must be talking about Elijah. And are you trying to give us a hint as to who you met? So I guess you met Elijah. Poor guy Ok I'm KIDDING BOP. Dont slaughter me.*Closes eyes tight and waits for blow to fall*
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 09:37 PM   #32
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh Sam!

I was talking about Arwen!

And no, not 'lij... it's worse...
Old 06-17-2002, 04:11 PM   #33
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Granted Arwen looks like a kid, but I see no resemblance between her and a cow, unless it's her lips. They are rather poutish. And what do you mean Lij's worse?I can hardly wait. And were those hints as to who you met IF you were pulling our legs?
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2002, 05:27 PM   #34
Stalker in the Starlight
Hobbit

I don't like the ArwenXena thing...she's stealing Eowyn's responsibility as @$$-kicker extrodinaire! (no, I will NEVER get over that, no matter HOW many times anyone tells me to...) And also, they could have put a LITTLE more time between Frodo's being stabbed and Frodo's 'slipping into the shadow world (is that what they called it in the movie? Can't remember; been too long). It makes Frodo seem weaker than he really was. Didn't he hold out for about 2+ weeks in the book? What'd he hold out for in the movie? 2 minutes?
"If you want him...come and claim him!" *shudders* What ever happened to, "You shall have neither the Ring nor me!" Mmm...what'd they do? Rip a bunch of pages out of the book that they thought were important, shove them into the writer's faces and go "Here. Make something semi-logical out of this." That what it comes off as in MY mind...but, then again, that's MY mind. Never know WHAT you'll find in there...
Where is the spring and the harevest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning,
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?'
-Lament of the Rohirrim, II 132-33

~*CARPE DIEM!*~
Stalker in the Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 08:51 PM   #35
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Gollum

Wellll.........

As far as I can remember, absolutely NO ONE loked like a COW in that movie! ( better watch it Samwise...... )

BOP, who exactly WAS it that you met?.....

Also, I don't think that ANY of the characters/actors look .......''sexy''....... When I get that blessed DVD, I might stare happily at Frodo's face for a hour+, but I don't think they look''sexy''. * looks mildly disgusted*

Frodo lives!