FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-10-2002, 09:19 PM   #1
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel TTT getting more scenes!

Check this out:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...,54916,00.html

Seems they're filming some more!

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."

Last edited by galadriel88 : 06-10-2002 at 09:21 PM.
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 09:24 PM   #2
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

OK, I can't get the link to work, please try to be patient until further notice...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 06-10-2002, 09:26 PM   #3
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

OK, here we go...

Quote:
Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers Getting New Scenes
Monday, June 10, 2002
By Roger Friedman

Peter Jackson's second installment of Lord of the Rings, called The Two Towers, isn't quite ready for public consumption.

In fact, most of the cast members are heading back to New Zealand next week for more shooting — including some new scenes.

I am told that principals Viggo Mortensen, Elijah Wood, Liv Tyler, and Oscar nominee Ian McKellen are among those who have been summoned to the Lord of the Rings sound stages.

There is some discrepancy about what will happen when they get there. One set of sources insists that new scenes will be shot to amp up the love story between Mortensen and Tyler, as well as to beef up combat scenes.

"Now that Star Wars has come back so big," my source tells me, "Jackson wants to make sure he can outdo it."

But insiders at New Line Cinema insist that the work being done consists of pick-up shots and other miscellaneous stuff, like close-ups, that would enhance the film. This is interesting, because Jackson was busy editing the second film last winter while Fellowship of the Rings was going into release. The two films, as well as the third installment, were filmed simultaneously. But, Jackson is said to have gotten ideas about ways to make the second film better after audiences saw the first one.

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is the sequel to Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings, which grossed $300 million and was nominated for several Oscars, including Best Picture. The individual budget for the second movie is said to be around $100 million, so Jackson is under some pressure to make sure that The Two Towers does at least as well as its predecessor, if not better.

Old 06-10-2002, 11:29 PM   #4
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

RE: TTT getting more scenes!

More scenes with Liv Tyler...For crying out loud I'm so friggin happy!!!!
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.

Last edited by Captain Stern : 06-10-2002 at 11:32 PM.
Captain Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2002, 11:37 PM   #5
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Heck, he read Entmoot and got some ideas!
Old 06-10-2002, 11:53 PM   #6
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

He is such an ASS.

I hope he read that too!

Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.
Old 06-11-2002, 12:01 AM   #7
BeardofPants
the Shrike

There's no way he can out do Star Wars!!!

And more love scenes. Pffft. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure he's heard of the anti-Arwen backlash by now.
Old 06-11-2002, 12:27 AM   #8
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

It's not the love scenes I object to, it's 'Arwen-Warrior-Princess' that's just plain wrong.

grrrrrrrr!
Old 06-11-2002, 12:29 AM   #9
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Re: RE: TTT getting more scenes!

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Stern
...I object to, it's Arwen-Warrior-Princess' that's just plain wrong.
Well, that goes without saying.
Old 06-11-2002, 01:02 AM   #10
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I think we have had enough love scene debate around here.
I think PJ can out do Star Wars. Hey Bop, you might bump into PJ or the cast! I hope you would be nice.
Old 06-11-2002, 11:52 AM   #11
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

PJ can outdo SW only if he markets it well enough. Both movies have a pretty well established audience, and both are well made and have a cast of well known stars. If PJ uses the right marketing strategies, then he will outdo SW.

Old 06-11-2002, 03:15 PM   #12
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
Hey Bop, you might bump into PJ or the cast! I hope you would be nice.
Of course I would! And I've already met some of the cast. Yay, me.
Old 06-11-2002, 04:26 PM   #13
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

More scenes?

*lights candle and starts praying* Please no more 'come and claim him', please no more 'come and claim him', please....
Old 06-11-2002, 04:41 PM   #14
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

LOL
Old 06-11-2002, 10:18 PM   #15
The Ringbearer
Elven Warrior

Location: Crickhollow in the summer, and Rivendell in the winter
Arwen Undomiel

*timidly creeps into the conversation*

Uummm... I actually thought it was a good idea to have Arwen say those lines. I prefer Frodo's line but as he was in no condition to speak, Arwen did alright.

*prays that no one will kill her for speaking this blasphemous thought out loud*

As for Star Wars, at least in my mind, it has already been outdone(probably because I'm completely and irrevocably snagged on LotR)!

'But you're a part of this world! Aren't you?'

Frodo lives!
The Ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 11:16 PM   #16
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

As long as Gollum doesn't sprout long flappy ears, loses his ability to sneak silently without bumping into things all over middle earth and doesn't start talking like:

"How Rude! Yousa hobbits taking meesa precious! Meesa will get yousa for this!"

I'm probably gonna be ok with that.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 06-11-2002 at 11:17 PM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 11:41 PM   #17
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

LOL Arathorn! That is my worst nightmare!

Who did you meet Bop? *Refrains from screaming like a fangirl*
Old 06-11-2002, 11:47 PM   #18
BeardofPants
the Shrike

You mean apart from Craig Parker, et al. Honestly, you wouldn't believe it if I told you. So lets just leave it at that.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:17 AM   #19
Nienna Grey
Enting

Gandalf

TheOneRing.net have quite a bit of up to date info about the additional scenes which are being shot.

More scenes featuring Frodo, Sam and Gollum are being shot, which is great, because I'm really looking forward to them.

Roll on December!
Old 06-12-2002, 09:44 PM   #20
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

hmm.. more scenes.. very very good
more love scenes... alright
more xena (cough cough , arwenwarrior princess, cough cough) scenes.... no.. not good.