Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-14-2003, 07:43 AM   #1
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Saddam Hussein captured!

Reports about the capture of someone who may be Saddam Hussein just came in.
Kurdish special forces and American soldiers are responsible for the capture, which have been confirmed by the British prime minister Tony Blair.
The US led alliance will make a "very important announcement" in 20 minutes.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 12-14-2003 at 07:45 AM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:09 AM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I just heard it too on the news. They also said he was wearing a false beard, that sounded a little rediculous. Are they sure they have the right one? You never know with all the doubles he had around.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:13 AM   #3
Jonathan

They said he had scars on him which agrees with scars he got after all the assassination attempts against him.
They have the 'real' Hussein's DNA, so it won't be too hard to make sure whether this man is or is not the former dictator.

Now Paul Bremer just said "Ladies and gentlemen, we got him!" on CNN!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:17 AM   #4
Earniel

They have his DNA? Well that should indeed rule out doubles.

I'm particulary interested in the circumstances of the trial he'll be facing. I highly doubt the international court in The Hague will get him.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:27 AM   #5
Jonathan

Now they show videos and pictures of Saddam Hussein in captivity. He had grown a nice looking beard . But they have shaved him now.

It will be interesting to see if he will be brought to justice in Hague or if his trial will be in Iraq.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:58 AM   #6
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
i hope it is him finally well be able to do sumthing found this article on the web
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105706,00.html
tells u all about it. a press conference was held bout an hour ago i watched a bit

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Hanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:44 AM   #7
Cowlek
Sapling

I reallyhope its the real one.He deserves to be caught.But so do all his doubles.I think ill go pray for his capture.
If you're going through hell, keep going. --Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965) British Statesman, Prime Minister, Author
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
Albert Einstein--Genius....Dyslexic.Anyone can do anything if they want it that bad.
Cowlek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 10:41 AM   #8
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

This is GREAT NEWS!!!

Here is a pic of him...

Loooks TERRIBLE

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 10:44 AM   #9
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Now they show videos and pictures of Saddam Hussein in captivity. He had grown a nice looking beard . But they have shaved him now.

It will be interesting to see if he will be brought to justice in Hague or if his trial will be in Iraq.
I think he will be tried in Iraq because a the Iraqi court has been set up to handle the war crimes.

Finally the ACE od SPADES.

I'm glad we got him without a huge gun battle or anything. Now we can't be accused of using unwarranted force in order to get him, or killing innocent people in the process.

Thank you to the Polish forces who helped us in his capture.

President Bush will be speaking at noon for those interested.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 12-14-2003 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-14-2003, 11:34 AM   #10
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yea!!!!! What a great way to wake up!
Old 12-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #11
jerseydevil

I guess the Polish forces was incorrect information. In the military briefing they said that ONLY US forces were involved.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #12
Jonathan

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Loooks TERRIBLE
The coalition forces shaved off his beard following his capture - so now he looks a little less Taliban-like

Now they say all forces involved in the capture were US forces. Previously I heard them say that Kurdish special forces were with the Americans, which would have made sense since the first reports of Hussein's capture came from Kurdish sources.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:26 PM   #13
Earniel

So no false beard then. Good, that would have been a little odd.
Old 12-14-2003, 03:43 PM   #14
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Yeah everything I've been reading says it was about 600 US Soldiers from the 4th Infantry Division on a raid called "Operation Red Dawn" (did Legolas tell them to use this? )

'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 03:43 PM   #15
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

This is excellent news! Where and how was he captured? And why wasn't this in our (BC) news? This is important! It supercedes the ferry strike, even for a day!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:00 PM   #16
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
This is excellent news! Where and how was he captured? And why wasn't this in our (BC) news? This is important! It supercedes the ferry strike, even for a day!
Here is an updated article:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105727,00.html
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:21 PM   #17
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:

yea im wondering why i cant see it on the global news station, oh well congrats to the americans and to everyone else. hopefully his reign of terror is over
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.

Last edited by gimli7410 : 12-14-2003 at 04:24 PM.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:29 PM   #18
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
yea im wondering why i cant see it on the global news station, oh well congrats to the americans and to everyone else. hopefully his reign of terror is over
What? Jonathan got it on CNN International and he also saw about it on Swedish news. I think Canada must not want to admit we got him. Thanks though for the congrats. We couldn't have done it without you. Oh wait - yeah we did.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 12-14-2003, 04:37 PM   #19
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Just because we didn't agree with the attacks on Iraq, doesn't mean we can't acknowledge you got Saddam. Many Canadians did support the war on Iraq, but in the end, the majority felt we shouldn't participate.
Saddam's regime led to the deaths of many innocent Iraqi's. Iraq benefits through his capture. I can say this despite the fact that I didn't support the war on Iraq.

(edit: spelling)
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:45 PM   #20
jerseydevil

Quote:
Just because we didn't agree with the attacks on Iraq, doesn't mean we can't acknowledge you got Saddam. Many Canadians did support the war on Iraq, but in the end, the majority felt we shouldn't participate.
Saddam's regime led to the deaths of many innocent Iraqi's. Iraq benefits through his capture. I can say this despite the fact that I didn't support the war on Iraq.
I didn't say you couldn't. I was giving Gimli a hard time anyway - hence the smilies.

But the fact remains - he did brutalize his people and the rest of the world just wanted to sit by and do nothing. Endless ignored resolutions (or the lifting of snactions like France wanted) is in effect doing nothing.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide