Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-02-2003, 03:52 PM   #1
FoolofaTook11
Sapling

Tom Bombadil Black Riders

I know the leader of the black riders was the Witch King of Angmar, but where are the others from? Were the 9 rings amde after all the others?

I luv Orlando Bloom!
FoolofaTook11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 05:02 PM   #2
Celebriel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
As the Numenoreans increasingly visited Middle-Earth, Sauron became afraid of their growing influence. After 1000 years of the Second Age he moved into Mordor. There he began gathering his forces: creatures of Morgoth and descendants of the Men of the East. To them he added many new people whom he could sway, mostly men. Sauron sought after the Eves - going to Lindon, where Gil-Galad refused him entrance; and to Eregion, where the jewel-smiths recieved him heartily. About 1500 the rings of power were begun by Sauron and the smiths. Over probably the next seventy-five years, they devised several lesser rings together. At that point Sauron may have returned to Mordor, for Celebrimbor worked alone until 1590 creating the three greatest rings: Narya, Nenya, and Vilya (Fire, Water, and Air). Soon after, Sauron forged the Master Ring in the fires of Orodruin. When he realized that his deceptions were revealed, he chose to wage war to punish the Elves, gain the rings, and establish his dominion. -"The Atlas of Middle Earth".
This does not directly answer your question, but I hope it helps, for I am not qualified to say more.
Old 03-05-2003, 05:01 AM   #3
Agburanar
Elf Lord

The only other Black Rider named by Tolkien was Khamul, the Black Easterling. In UT he was the rider who found Bag End deserted and later almost found the hobbits at Woody end.

Iron Crown Enterprises who made the fantastic card game Middle Earth (the Wizards, the Dragons, The White hand, Against the shadow, Dark minions, the Lidless eye.....) gave the following names for the riders, but these are all invented:

The Witch King of Angmar
Khamul the Easterling
Adunaphel the silent
Indur Dawndeath
Uvatha the Horseman
Ren the Unclean
Akhorahil the Seer
Wraw of Waw
Hoarmurath of Dir

ROLLING STOCK, WE'RE ROLLING STOCK!!
Agburanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 11:33 AM   #4
aragorn_is_mine
Sapling

Strider

The nine ringwriaths were the nine kings lured by the lust for power.
Old 03-10-2003, 01:54 AM   #5
francod
Enting

Ren the Unclean

Is this refering to kevin Bacon's unconventional yet gritty, fish out of water story. Known universaly as"Footloose"
Old 03-10-2003, 08:40 AM   #6
Agburanar
Elf Lord

Dunno. Out of all of them it's the worst name though...

ROLLING STOCK, WE'RE ROLLING STOCK!!
Agburanar is offline   Reply With Quote