Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-27-2003, 02:35 PM   #1
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Homework help.

Ok, for us unlucky people that are still in school and get loads, waay too much homwork, to cope with, I thought it would be nice to have a thread so we could all help each other with things we are stuck on, since I'm always on the 'moot while I'm doing my homework

Anyway.. for me, History,

I have to a newspaper report on the court case after the English civil war with Charles1st on trial for treason.
What happened in that court case?

(Yes I know for this thread we can easily use a search engine, but this is much more fun )
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 03:04 PM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

You get homework from school? Where are you from?

Anyway: since this is in the form of a newspaper report, I guess you're just being asked to talk about the results, and not so much the process? I'm not sure how much detail you want.

Capsule summary: Oliver Cromwell and his Puritan Backup Singers took over the country, tried Charles I for treason, and then proceeded to reduce his height to about neck-level. That's all I remember off the top of my head, anyhow.

Looking up some stuff about it, in the court case itself, it seems that Charles denounced the proceedings as illegitimate and refused to cooperate.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2003, 03:07 PM   #3
Blackboar

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
You get homework from school? Where are you from?

Anyway: since this is in the form of a newspaper report, I guess you're just being asked to talk about the results, and not so much the process? I'm not sure how much detail you want.

Capsule summary: Oliver Cromwell and his Puritan Backup Singers took over the country, tried Charles I for treason, and then proceeded to reduce his height to about neck-level. That's all I remember off the top of my head, anyhow.

Looking up some stuff about it, in the court case itself, it seems that Charles denounced the proceedings as illegitimate and refused to cooperate.
Thanks!

(Uk ) That's answered my question!
Old 02-28-2003, 08:07 AM   #4
L@ur@y Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I get a lot of homework from school because I'm 13.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:23 AM   #5
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Location: In the entmoot army, trying to get rid of black and blue!
Yeah i know!
Im 11 almost 12 and in my Gr.6 class I have a morning teacher and an afternoon 1 and Last Monday I had 4 hours of Homework!
Tests to study for,Corrections, 7-10 paragraphs on why the punctuation helps the reader,division sheets,a critique on a website(of course it wuz the entmoot!), pages in my work book and many more!!
Then In may we have to do a special test called EQAO!
Which lasts 4 2 weeks!!

The fat hobbit hobbit knows!
Legolaslvr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 08:53 AM   #6
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolaslvr!
Im 11 almost 12 and in my Gr.6 class I have a morning teacher and an afternoon 1 and Last Monday I had 4 hours of Homework!
Tests to study for,Corrections, 7-10 paragraphs on why the punctuation helps the reader,division sheets,a critique on a website(of course it wuz the entmoot!), pages in my work book and many more!!
Then In may we have to do a special test called EQAO!
Which lasts 4 2 weeks!!
You aren't almost 12! Your born in October!

But I do agree with you on the amount of homework we have. Luckily for me, I didn't have to do the math sheets from last night because I am leaving the school at lunch, so I skip math! And EQAO sucks!
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 08:55 AM   #7
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Yeah eqao suckz!!!

Old 02-28-2003, 09:37 AM   #8
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn
The Elven Queen Of All Pyros

Location: Im like a little bug stuck in the lamp...never going anywhere
Im in 8th grade...so i usually get about and hour-2 hours of homework a night from science, english, history, and spanish together depending on the day. Then im in 11th grade math, so thats another 30 minutes. Working on projects for 30 minutes..then studying..either for a test..or spanish verbs for 15 mintues to an hour depending on whats tomorrow....Wow..Thats alot

Procrastinators Unite!!!.....tomorrrow....

Kids in backseats cause accidents...accidents in backseats cause kids

As long as there are tests..there will be prayers in school
Legolas_Frodo_Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 03:41 PM   #9
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

"What's EQAO?" inquires the resident Canadian.

I'm in first-year Engineering, and apparently a lot of my classmates work their derrieres off and have no social lives and whine about having to study all the time... but quite frankly, I have so much free time on my hands it's ridiculous. I spend less time on homework than some of you.

However, I suppose that has certain advantages... i.e. I can answer homework questions on this thread. As long as they're not about biology. I know nothing about biology.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 02-28-2003, 03:58 PM   #10
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I know what you mean. Queen's Engineering is renowned as extremely hard (and it is, or so they say). I'm taking an Arts B.A so I have very little work.
Old 02-28-2003, 05:25 PM   #11
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Are you at Queen's?

I have a number of friends from my graduating year who went to Queen's, both engineers and non-engineers. Supposedly they're bidding to host the North American Debate Championships next year, so I might drop by for a visit.

Old 03-01-2003, 01:38 PM   #12
Bodo Fraggins
Sapling

Yea, i hate homework, its so useless! most of the time you get homework just for the sake of it, it doesnt teach you anything, you dont learn anything, its pointless.

Anyway, I like maths, so post your questions here! But nothing too hard since I have graduated yet!
Bodo Fraggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 02:10 PM   #13
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

This is way OT but one of my friends is a member of the Queen's Debating Society, so he would know. We might run into each other unwittingly.

I hope I don't forget all my calculus so fast so I can help on this thread...
Old 03-01-2003, 02:20 PM   #14
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by IronParrot
Whats EQUA?
EQAO is a kind of test that is really long and boring and it test every thing that you have learned in gr 6. You also take it in gr 9 and gr 3. The year after you have taken the test you get back you results.

The results range from a level 1 through to a level 4. level 1 is the lowest and that means that you don't have a clue what you are doing. Level 4 is the highest and that means that you are above what is expected of you and that you have all the facts and knowledge plus more.

The tests judge how well the teachers are teaching you. If your whole class does terrible then that means that your teachers suck. These test don't count for your mark, and if you parents say that they don't want you to participate in EQUO you don't have to.

Hope that that helped to clarify things for you (I'm not all that good at explaning so it might have just confused you more. Forgive me if it did and if it did then I shall just ask Legolaslvr! to explain it).

Oh, and the only good thing about EQAO is that you don't have homework during the testing weeks!!
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:08 PM   #15
Legolaslvr!
Super Smilie Freak

Great job explaining lor!

Old 03-02-2003, 02:00 AM   #16
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I dislike standardized testing. I think it's the worst way to teach, if one can even call it that.
Old 03-02-2003, 02:07 AM   #17
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

i used to hate SAT's. I'd always be really stressed out weeks before the tests and then even more stressed out as they got closer and then while we doing them i was ready to pass out. But as i got older they weren't so bad. I took an 11th-12th grade SAT last year and i thought it was gonna be worse than the usual ones but it was alot shorter,which made it not as nerve racking.
They always say it doesn't matter what you make on it because it doesn't count for anything. But that's wrong.
I don't really see what the point of 'em is.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:59 AM   #18
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

haha! you're doing the Civil War! i've already done it! mwahahaha!
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2003, 06:07 AM   #19
Blackboar

*Gives Elf.Freak evils*

I never do my homework any more because of entmoot!
Old 03-02-2003, 06:16 AM   #20
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackboar
*Gives Elf.Freak evils*

I never do my homework any more because of entmoot!
lol! same!
*evil evils, first Hanza, now you!*
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote