Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-17-2002, 02:43 PM   #1
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Location: I live in la la land, you know, the place you go during math class
Ugluk

I've been really curious about Ugluk, Marry, and Pippin, and the whole orc thing. the other day i was watching lotr (for the 7th time) and realized something, when borimer got shot with all the arows, wasn't that Ugluk? than Aragorn chopped off the orc's head, so wouldn't Ugluk be dead? or maybe that wasn't Ugluk. Anyway if anyone know anything please fill me in.
frodosgirlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 02:48 PM   #2
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

No. He was Lurtz.

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2002, 02:48 PM   #3
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

In the movie, the orc that killed Boromir was an extra character that they added for the purpose of the film, called Lurtz. Ugluk will probably come in later, in TTT.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2002, 01:22 PM   #4
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

oooooooo. thanks i was getting REALLY confussed about that. was Ugluk in the fotr at all? they made it seem like Lurtz was the leader of the orcs.
Old 03-18-2002, 01:39 PM   #5
Eruviel Greenleaf

Yeah, I don't think Ugluk was there at all. Which is odd. I think they did indeed make Lurtz the "leader."

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-18-2002, 02:35 PM   #6
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

o. thanx again Eruviel. Now i'm curious about how pippin & marry "do" the orc thing in ttt. They have been (whats the word) not smart (to say it nicely). if u have any pics or anything, that would be great. I've looked all over the web and can't find a thing.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:21 PM   #7
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Maybe Ugluk will be the leader in TTT, since Aragorn kinda disconnected Lurtz's head from his neck.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 01:22 AM   #8
Eruviel Greenleaf

I'll bet Ugluk will, considering Lurtz lost not only his head, but his arm, and he got run through. Although you would think he would have been introduced in FotR. . .oh well. We'll see in December! Argh. I don't want to wait that long! 'Course, there's always the TTT trailer after the 29th of March! (yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!)

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-19-2002, 10:17 AM   #9
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

Do you think that Marry and pippin will do the entire escape from the orcs? They seemed to be only a comic part in the film and don't seem to be serious enough for that scene. ne1 else agree?

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 10:43 AM   #10
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

I deffenetly agree! I've tried a few differnt plots for Marry & Pip and all of them are nonsense. It's hard to change the book. I bet PJ will find a good way of puting it.
Old 03-19-2002, 01:07 PM   #11
Eruviel Greenleaf

How else would Merry and Pippin leave the orcs and meet Treebeard if they didn't escape? Well, whatever happens, I guess we don't get to know quite yet, do we?

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-19-2002, 01:49 PM   #12
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

we don't get to know for 273 days. well, atleast there is something to look forward to.
Old 03-19-2002, 01:55 PM   #13
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

Merry and Pippin do escape from what I've read of th TTT trailer that will be on screens on March 29. One of the scenes is Aragorn finding the leaf from Merry(Pippins?) cloak. So at least they're doing that much like the book. However I don't think that Ugluk will be in the movie at all. I think the Orcs will probably end up "running into" the Rohan people (I can't spell Roharrim or whatever) and Merry and Pippin will escpe in the comotion. They weren't tied up....
Old 03-19-2002, 04:56 PM   #14
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

yes that might happen...and probably will. But like frodosgirlfriend says...we have to wait 273 days to find out.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 07:55 PM   #15
Halley_Brandybuck
Elven Warrior

Didn't I make a thread like this that was ignored? oh well

yeah I've been curious about this too

though I'd have to say that my favorite part of that Lurtz-Aragorn fight is with the shield jammed into the tree and his eyes are all 0_0 while Lurtz is about ready to jam the shield in it was kind of scary though, I was like "OMG!!!!"

I'm going to see the trailer to TTT when it comes out because I want to see the scene where Aragorn finds the brooch

good lord I'm a geek I want to see a friggin' trailer!

I am in search of an MPEG version of the trailer... if anyone finds one, let me know!

Do not meddle in the affairs of females for they are PMS-ing and quick to batter.

"He fears you Aragorn, and what you may become"

Two Towers in 6 months!
Halley_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 08:17 PM   #16
RosieCotton
Elven Warrior

273??????!!!!!????!!!!!!

Well, I think Merry and Pippin can handle it. They're immature in the movie, but if they have to be serious, I'm sure they can.

As for the trailor coming on March 29th, where can you see it?

~Rosie~
He snatches the moons from out of the sky.
RosieCotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 08:19 PM   #17
Kyote Fields
Elven Warrior

Great signature Halley. I love it.
Old 03-19-2002, 11:25 PM   #18
Eruviel Greenleaf

TTT trailer:
"Coming soon to a theatre near you." Hopefully! I know there will be a push to get it back in theatres on the 29th, but I don't know if it will actually be playing somewhere nearby. To stay on topic: Um, I think we might have exhaughsted this subject. Oh well. 273 more days!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-19-2002, 11:45 PM   #19
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I think that Merry and Pippin WILL mature as they get further along into the quest. That's what Billy Boyd seems to be saying. He says something like Pippin is at first immature and is really liable to fly off the handle(like any good Took would) but then he starts growing up. And Dominic Monaghan says that he thinks that most of the mother hobbits in the Shire PRETEND that Merry is a nusiance but he's really well liked by them all(and Dom was like that when he was a kid too. I read that in my book). So I think our harebrained little friends will grow up and wise up and all that.
But I heard that Merry tries to get his horse to move in ROTK and I heard it's gonna be funny.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 04:54 PM   #20
frodosgirlfriend
Elven Warrior

Pippin and Marry were annoying! they never took anything seriosly. it good to know that they'll muture.