Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-12-2001, 08:33 PM   #1
ugluk great

Wisdom of ORCS

Hey, this is a part of my book that I'm working on, it's The Return of the Ring, and it's 8.5 printed pages in12 point font, and I will add this soon. This is a speech Ugluk gives to Ariel, the Vala, daughter of Varda and Manwe:

The Orcs are special creatures who think and feel differently from any other creature in Middle Earth. Melkor did not think that anyone will do this, and he made a great mistake. He captured Elves, hign and fair, wise, and twisted them, turning them into stupid, wild, ugly creatures. The Orcs were too stupid to understand almost anything, and they can't understand what they feel. When they're sad, they don't understand what's happening to them, they don't know what a feeling is. Ancient tales say that Orcs before, in the years of Morgoth were smarter than know, but years passed, and Orcs are now in wisdom could be compared to beasts. But one thing makes them special. They have a feeling undecribable in any language, and that none could understand. It is a feeling of uncompleteness, not filled with joy, the doom of Orcs to be stupid Ugly creatures and nothing more. That feeling Orcs could not understand either, but it gnaws them, and they slowly wither, and that feeling made them mortal.
But Saruman when he made the Uruk-Hai made a greater mistake than Morgoth. We have a mind and wisdom that could be compared to Men, and we feel, and we understand. But the feeling still lives in us, and it gnaws us even more, for we understand it. But that feeling also made us into berserks who have nothing to loose, only their pitiful lives. And that makes us dangerous, strong, cunning, much more skillful than any other living thing in this World. And now, Saruman is dead, but his creation will change the world, for the Dominion of Men soon will perish, and the Dominion of the Uruk-Hai will rise..."

Sooo, how do u like it?
Old 03-15-2001, 09:31 AM   #2
easterlinge

Re: Wisdom of ORCS

Kill Gorgun!! Drive away bad dark with bright iron!! Then Wild Men can go back to sleep in the Woods.
Old 03-15-2001, 11:41 PM   #3
ugluk great

URUK-HAI!

'They marched past Ugluk, the best warriors of the Uruk-Hai. Bright were their helms, their mail was of mithril, long swords were at their sides, and spears were sharp. Banners of Uruk-Hai could be seen all over the hills, serpent with a star between it's horns and two swrods crossing the star. Men looked upon them, and feared them, and fled away. But Aragorn stood there with the bravest warriors, and those who fled were ashamed and they returned. But the Easterlings being many in numbers looked upon the two armies, smiling. Orcs of Dunedain were harsh and silent. They were strong, but not many remained after the Battle of Isengard. Dunedain stood by the Orcs, with dark helms and edges of their swords were dark. But some stood beside Ugluk, and their helms were bright, and they wielded long and heavy battle axes, for no weapons were left for them to wield.
Many people were on the battle field, but no one satrted the battle, for those who start loose.

Suddenly, harsh cries 'Udum agh buruzh, ahad bak varaz!' ('For the Uruk, let others die!' - Uruk-Dagum tongue) went through the silent hills. The Uruk-Dagum hath come. Their evil faces, teeth shining in their open mouths, axes heavy and long, armor of metal known to none, everyone fled before them.

But Ugluk nor the Uruk-Hai were scared of the Uruk-Dagum, 'Baraz agh buruzh, ahad bak varaz!' ('For the light of day, let others die!' - uruk-Dagum tongue) Uruk-Hai cried back to their foes and a mighty stream of warriors rushed down to the valley. Uruk-Dagum seeing their foes turned and ran towards them.

Mighty was their meeting, first rows crushed each other, and no weapon was needed for Orcs were killed by crushing them and stepping on them. When the first wave ceased, Orcs unsheathed their swords and a great battle had begun. None could stop Ugluk, for his hour of Doom did not yet come, and he killed all around him, until he was surrounded by a four and fifty enemies, and prepared to die. But then Rohirrim came rushing through the rows of Orcs, killing both Uruk-Hai and Uruk-Dagum. And they killed all those who attacked Ugluk. But many they lost and turned back and fled, and many of Uruk-Dagum ran to pusue them. Then Ugluk ordered to flee, and all those who could fled and went high into the hills. From there archers shot Rohirrim and their pursuers, and they killed many.

But the their fate was different, for suddenly Men of Gondor attacked from the back with a little strenght, they crept alongside the mountains, and none saw them. But now many archers were slain, and Uruk-Hai was in despair. Then the main host of Men came to aid their warriors, and attacked in the front...'

Contiunation will I write soon. THis was the neding of the Return of the Ring, which will come not soon.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:51 AM   #4
ArbiWan

Wow. This is really fascinating. I know some guys that would love this. Would you be willing to post it on my board? (The link is in my signature.)
Old 03-19-2001, 07:50 PM   #5
ugluk great

Re: ....

well, u can copy and paste those to ur message board, but be sure to include some note that says that Ugluk of the Uruk-Hai wrote it... BTW, u wanna help me in writing my own book? Fallout 2 walkthrough? email me to ugluk_the_great@jrrtolkien.org I really need help with the book.