Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2007, 02:32 AM   #1
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Spiderman III

Figured I'd get a thread rolling as this one is coming out soon.

From the previews, it looks like this one will be the crowning jewel in the comic book-based film genre. I am really jazzed that the Venom story arc is being used for the film, and we have not only Sandman and the follow-on to Green Goblin to contend with for Web Head, we also have the evil black ooze taking over Peter Parker as well as taking over the other fellow (I can't remember his name...wasn't it Jonah Jameson's son the astronaut?).

The new trailer that I saw today with "300" gives a little more of a peek into the movie, and it was in this trailer that I found out that the Venom nemesis to Spidey is in the film as well (earlier trailers seemed to show only the black ooze taking over spidey).

So. Anyone else hyped for this flick?
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:49 AM   #2
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

heck yeah, its probably the first movie I'll actually go to the theater to see this year.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #3
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

excited!

The trailers look so good! I loved the first two aswell. I'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

The trailer I saw with 300 was sweet. Spidy has his hands full this time

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

rohirrim, I do recommend seeing "300" in the theater, though.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 11:01 PM   #6
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bropous
rohirrim, I do recommend seeing "300" in the theater, though.
I thought about it, but I'm kind of annoyed by how they butchered history (as if it wasn't exciting enough). and brought in reallly stupid monsters, that and the idea they would go out there with no armor, I meant what the Photon?
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
I thought about it, but I'm kind of annoyed by how they butchered history (as if it wasn't exciting enough). and brought in reallly stupid monsters, that and the idea they would go out there with no armor, I meant what the Photon?
Oh come on! What do you consider Helms and Shields?

BTW, When is this supposed to be released again?

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #8
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i just saw it today! i loved it Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen Stacy was definently my favorite thing about it. and Venom was great! Sandman, Harry everything was great i even kind of liked Mary Jane in this one. The only reason i like Spider-Man 2 better is because Doc Ock is such a great character.
I loved Peter's dance with Gwen, Jameson was the funniest he's ever been and Bruce Cambell and Stan Lee had there best cameos yet
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH

Last edited by b.banner : 05-04-2007 at 09:53 PM.
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #9
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

I just saw it today. It was so good! The special effects were cool. The storylines were mostly interesting. The acting was good.
I liked Gwen and Eddie. And the Sandman. I agree that the second was slightly better. I actually didn't like MJ in this one though. (I didn't think J.J. was as good as usual though either.) I loved the whole theme of forgiveness in it, as well as the power stuff. Harry was so good! (although he sort of came back to life too many times.) He was great in this movie. The ending was really weird though. If they are ending the series then I think they should have had a better ending.
Does anyone know if they're considering making a Spider-Man 4?

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
Old 05-08-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
rohirrim TR

I thought it was decent, I like the first one the best though. I think they tried to put too much in this one, I think we could have done a movie just to deal with the venom story

I couldn't believe they'd kill of James Franco's character, He's like the best actor in the series right behind whoever plays Jameson.

Kirsten Dunst gets worse every film.
Quote:
Old 05-08-2007, 01:34 PM   #11
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

It was ok, wasn't that impressed; it came off lazy to me.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #12
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

And from the rave reviews, we slowly go down the ladder...first "decent", then "okay", and now...

I thought it was a very poor movie. The first half was just mediocre, but the second half was so awful everyone I was with was just laughing. It did have some good scenes, like the Evil Yet Stylish Spidey bit, which was very funny, but over all, I enjoyed it in spite of the quality, not because of it.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #13
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR
I thought it was decent, I like the first one the best though. I think they tried to put too much in this one, I think we could have done a movie just to deal with the venom story
Yeah, they didn't need the whole Sandman storyline. The Sandman was pretty cool though, I liked him. The sand effects were good. There was enough with Eddie, Venom and Harry. But without the Sandman, we wouldn't have all of the revenge and forgiveness subplot which I liked.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:01 PM   #14
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
i watched it a second time and have decided it is my favorite Spider-Man movie
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 06-12-2007, 01:07 PM   #15
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

I saw it in IMAX! It was so amazing. It was the second most incredible movie-going experience I've ever had. It was like you were there, you could really feel the movie. It was my first time seeing a movie in IMAX. I don't think I'll be able to watch a regular movie ever again.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:40 AM   #16
b.banner
Elf Lord

just wait until next year when The Dark Knight (Batman Begins Sequel) comes out! I don't know if you heard but director Christopher Nolan i shooting some scenes for the Imax format including The Joker's introduction.

HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
Old 06-14-2007, 04:29 PM   #17
Prince Myshkin
Elven Warrior

SPIDERMAN IS AWESOME! and VENOM is EVEN BETTER

I really enjoyed spidey three. But I'm not gonna lie to you, it was an awful movie I liked a lot of bits in the movie.
Thomas Haden Church was really good as Sandman, it was really a shame he didn't have any lines. Venom was brought into the movie way too late *such a pity*. and the scene with the amped up Peter in the cafe was a lot of fun till everyone started to cry.

on the whole disappointing but I'll see it again lol.

And on the upside, now I know that Bryce Dallas Howard is my soulmate

Last edited by Prince Myshkin : 06-14-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Prince Myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote