Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-16-2002, 05:04 PM   #1
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Commercials we absolutely despise

OK admins, if you think this belongs in the Entertainment forum you can put it there, but I wasn't sure so I stuck it here.

What are the commercials that absolutely get on our nerves every time we hear/see them?

*Pizza Hut free breadsticks commercial - That one's getting reeeeeally annoying
*Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow.....Aaaaaaaaaaah!
*There's a local car dealer here that has a radio commercial where this guy is doing an impression of Austin Powers and says stuff like "Is your ride busted? Need a new shag wagon? Then hop on the good foot and do the bad thing and head down to (dealer) Pontiac! Oh yeah baby, harharhar!"

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 05:43 PM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Well, I haven't watched much tv lately, but years ago, there used to be this pea ad that used to drive me nuts. It had this woman pulling a bag of peas out of the freezer, and singing in a mock-operatic voice --- "You are so tender, you are so sweet, you are the pea I love to eeeeeeeaaaaaaat!!." Arrrrgh. Just thinking of it makes me wanna scream!
Old 08-16-2002, 06:12 PM   #3
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Those "Gap" Christmas comercials!!! Yech.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 06:32 PM   #4
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Mountain Dew commertals. ugh.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 06:41 PM   #5
Faramir
Elven Warrior

I hate them all.
==========================
YODA IS DA MAN!!!
==========================
I Love Jesus!
Faramir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 08:47 PM   #6
Liviaine
Elven Warrior

"Can you hear me now? Good." My mom loves those Verizon commercials. I don't.
Liviaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 09:13 PM   #7
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Quote:
I hate them all.
Not just the men, but the women and the children...

I detest advertisements aimed towards women, I simply don't understand them and I can somehow come up with a smart-ass answer to most of that kind of vexation.

I hate adverts with terrible dubbing, it irritates me with so much when I see a Kinder surprise advert.

I hate Barbie ads with an aggravating song.

I hate movie ads when members of the public say cliched comments about the movie, such as "Groovy Baby" "Funniest Movie of the Year" and such.

Car commercials that portray vehicles as artistic objects.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 09:25 PM   #8
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

*that yeast infection comercial where the little kid goes up to his dad saying mommy says this makes everything better...
*condom comercials
*those macdonalds "lighter choices menu" bull@#$%!!!! if it comes from macdonalds its not healthy
Old 08-16-2002, 09:59 PM   #9
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh god yeah, I forgot about those silly feminine hygiene commercials, where they poured that goddamned blue liquid on everything. And gee whiz, ain't it fun to wear 'em?
Old 08-16-2002, 10:03 PM   #10
HobbitChick88
Elven Warrior

Old Navy commercials are pretty bad.

"And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whose you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
-Joshua 24:15

Step follows step,
Hope follows courage.
Set your face toward danger
Set your heart on victory!

"Where is Elizabeth?"
"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington just like she promised, and you get to die for her just like you promised. So we're all men of our word, really....except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman."
~Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, POTC

fROdO LIVeS!!!!
HobbitChick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 04:33 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Tessar
Mountain Dew commertals. ugh.
I like the Mountain Dew commercials - at least the X-Game style ones.

I hate the feel good - melodramtic ones commercials with a passion. I also hate the sprint commercials. I have a sprint cell phone and it sucks. I hate any commercial that has slurping sounds (such as a person eating soup or dogs licking water, or slobbering). I hate quiet commercials where the person is typing something on a computer and all you hear is the person typing as the they're reading it out loud. I have actually put the TV on mute during these types of commercials - they go right through me for some reason.

The Whatzzzupp commercials were annoying to no end - especially where ever you went someone was saying it.

I hate commercials that work on stereotypes - like men can't cook or woman doing laundry.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 06:30 PM   #12
galadriel88

The Bud Light comercials where they sing some stupid song are pretty bad. But I like the "Real American Heroes" and "Real Men of Genius" ones - those are pretty good. But I miss the frogs and ferret.

Also most of the commercials on Saturday morning cartoons are very sad. If I have to see that Baby Bottle Pop commercial one more time...

And Disney channel only does its own commercials which get veeeery old veeery fast. That's why I don't watch that channel much.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 08-17-2002, 11:08 PM   #13
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

That Captain Morgan's commercial gets on my nerves. It's not really a bad commercial, it's just that ESPN runs it every 5 minutes during a baseball game. No lie. After about the 4th time it gets old.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 12:07 AM   #14
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Spain has WEIRD commercials...when I was there, we Americans would just stare at the TV in amazement at the oddness.

Galadriel88, are you talking about the one with the song "I like burritos at 4am and...and...twins..." I love that song. ::laugh::
Old 08-18-2002, 03:06 AM   #15
Mithrea
Hobbit

I thought the free breadsticks commercial was for Dominos. That shows how much *I* pay attention to them.

There is this one though of a little girl who goes into the bathroom and it stinks. There are no lines, just music and I don't remember what the product is for but it's terrible.

And OMG, the yoplait commercials where the girls are trying to convey what kind of good the yogurt is. "I'd like to thank the Academy" good. It makes me want to throw things at the television they are so dumb.

Mithrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 11:21 AM   #16
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Oh that's funny Mithrea. I loved that one with the little girl holding her nose after dad goes to the bathroom! I like the music, It a total flashback to the sixties for me. Reminds me of the Alka Seltzer commercial "no matter what shape" and it just has a swingin sixties sound. Funny,you hate it, I'm sorry it's not on anymore!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 02:35 PM   #17
galadriel88

LOL, I was just reminded of the "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!" Alka Seltzer commercials - those crack me up!

Quote:
Galadriel88, are you talking about the one with the song "I like burritos at 4am and...and...twins..." I love that song. ::laugh::
That, and others. It's not the only dumb one out there. But you're welcome to your opinion...

Old 08-18-2002, 04:29 PM   #18
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
I hate adverts with terrible dubbing
A curse on each and every terrible dubbed commercial! They're everywhere and they're horrible!

I also hate those macho Jupiler adverts! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Old 08-18-2002, 05:15 PM   #19
azalea
Long lost mooter

I hate the Dell ones, Chevy's Like a Rock (they've had that campaign for 10 yrs now ), anything where there's shouting or loud annoying music. I can't think of any that I like right now, but occasionally there is one. I usually mute anyway.
I also hate when channels promo their own upcoming shows at EVERY commercial break.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 08:47 PM   #20
galadriel88

I hate that Gateway commercial where you've got that girl dressed up all stupid singing "I'm hot for the desktops..." It is so incredibly stupid! I can't imagine where people get their ideas for some of these things!