Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-03-2002, 06:09 PM   #81
Sween
im quite stupid

self image is so important to people. The way we see ourselfs effects alklmost everything in our lives certinally how we interact with others. Plastic surgery can be used to cure this so in that way its a very good people. And lets face it we all just want to be happy
Old 08-03-2002, 06:18 PM   #82
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Exactly Bregalad!!!

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 12:35 AM   #83
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

bregalad doesn't speak much but when she does its good

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.

Last edited by afro-elf : 08-04-2002 at 12:42 AM.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 01:19 AM   #84
Bregalad
Elven Warrior

Why thank you Afro-elf! Actually, sometimes I'm a complete idiot, but occasionally I get in a good one!

This post property of Entmoot.
Bregalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 03:09 PM   #85
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

V. good, Bregalad

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 07:55 PM   #86
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yes good thoughts, But Pamela Anderson cracks me up!
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 03:00 AM   #87
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Go Bregalad. Point made good.

By the way - I think Pam is pretty cool. She's funny, that's for sure.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 06:47 AM   #88
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Well, I would never myself get plastic surgery. I think a lot of people live their lives spending too much time worrying about their looks. It's like we all are searching insistingly for faults with our own bodies, and we are truly merciless, aren't we? The thing is, we are all, every day, being told how a beautiful woman/man should look like. We see the celebrities, the film stars, we see all the ads selling cosmetics, clothes, food and drinks, jewellery, whatever. We're told that happiness is just one coke away, a new shampoo, another pair of fashionable shoes, a small facelift and you'll be there! It's a lie, yes, we know that, but nevertheless the message gets us because it is repeated over and over again, and so it creeps silently into our brains.

What I'm trying to say is that I believe happiness does not depend on whether you are pretty or not, your inner self is much more important (yes, it's a cliche, but I believe it to be true!). Yes, you probably would feel better or get more confidence in yourself after having plastic surgery, but only for a short while. If you were insecure before, that insecurity will not go away as easy as that. I do recommend you people to have trust in your inner qualities rather than your appearance. The former will last, the latter will not.

Bregalad asks what harm it does. IMO, it does some harm because it increases the pressure. If more and more people get plastic surgery to look better, the rest of us will stick out even more, right? There may be people now who picks on persons who have done the ps thing, but think of it, in a few years time it could be the other way around, it's considered strange, or even stupid, not to do it.

Something is terribly wrong when even 7-year old children are conserned about their weight (like some friends of my daughter, and mind you, they are NOT fat, rather the opposite), and refuse to have butter on their bread. It's sad when a woman don't dare wearing a swimsuit on the beach when her body is no longer what it was in her youth.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:12 AM   #89
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
It's a lie, yes, we know that, but nevertheless the message gets us because it is repeated over and over again, and so it creeps silently into our brains.

I feel pretty good when I've got money to spare, dressed in a manner i like and driving a car a like etc

Quote:
your inner self is much more important (yes, it's a cliche, but I believe it to be true!).
what is this "inner"self
Its just a highly developed cerebarl cortex. all your emotions are your limpic system. Your inner self is just as physical as your outer self.

some people are genetically predisposistioned towards "inner "happiness some towards outer.

To tell a outward person that inner happiness in better than outer is like telling a warrior to lay down his blade
or vice versa to tell a pacifist monk to take up arms.

what makes someone happy is personal

Quote:
Yes, you probably would feel better or get more confidence in yourself after having plastic surgery, but only for a short while. If you were insecure before, that insecurity will not go away as easy as that
I have a confession I had PS. I was teased to death about it( the "problem" as a kid. And as an adult i was still haunted by it. And I will say that my "happiness" with it has not faded.

Quote:
I do recommend you people to have trust in your inner qualities rather than your appearance. The former will last, the latter will not.
Hmmm... I am quite a different person than I was a few years ago. Doesn't this mean that my inner qualites are not static?

Eventhough I disagree with you, its nice to read articulate post. Keep 'em comin

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 01:36 PM   #90
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Hmmph.

I need a plastic chirurgeon to finish my horn implants.

And the stainless steel fangs.

While he's at it, might as well have him put some ritual scars in.

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 01:50 PM   #91
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

you do not need it! i mean, no you do not need cars nicer cars ect. but they usauly work better!

and i can understand that people wont to look better on the outside, and that it maye make you fill better, but even if you get one thing changed, there are still gonna be other things that you will not like about yourself! think about one thing you do not like about your aperanse:
ex. you are fat

okay, so know pretend that that is changed and you are now skinny! so what will people say about you now? that you really are not beutifull, you are fake! so, say that they do not say that, but insted, they will find something else rong, like, "Look at that face, the nose is to big" so you fix that, and they'll say "look at that scar on her lage" no matter what you change, other people will allways make fun of you! they can allways find something that they think is wrong, and really is not.

for every one that believes in God, and that he created us;
THER IS ONE WORD THAT GOD HAS NEVER SAID, AND THAT IS OOPS!

Movie vewing count from the theater:
Return of the King:9
Two Towers: 11
Fellowship: 13

FRODO LIVES!
samwiselvr2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 02:00 PM   #92
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

and i forgot to say that you should worry about your inside! you think that people will stay away from you if you are ugly, well, who wants to stick around someone that is allways mean to you and other people?

and to whoever said that whoever wrote that your inside matterd that you would not date anyone b/c they wore ugly harry, ect. well, to tell you the truth, i am only 13 and have never dated, so i can't say that i would not do that, but i can say that i have never not become friend with someone, are have not left someone out because of what they look like.

FRODO LIVES!
Old 08-05-2002, 02:55 PM   #93
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008

and to whoever said that whoever wrote that your inside matterd that you would not date anyone b/c they wore ugly harry, ect. well, to tell you the truth, i am only 13 and have never dated, so i can't say that i would not do that, but i can say that i have never not become friend with someone, are have not left someone out because of what they look like.
I said it. I haven't left anyone out because of the way they looked either. But I'm sorry - most people, including me, when it comes to dating - want someone to look a certain way. It's animal nature to be attracted to certain looks. Anyone can tell you that the person with the pocket protector, black glasses that are taped together in the center, pants that are out of style and 2 inches too small - is not going to be treated the same way as the football jock or the cheerleader with long beautiful hair. That applies to elementary school, middle school, high school, college, and into the work place. Anyone that wants to see this in action should watch Heathers. The perfect black comedy about the "in versus the out crowd".

I've seen many children as well as adults be mean to people that are different. If you look at the issues with school shootings they all had one thing in common (although the communities seem to want to ignore this fact) the students that committed the crimes were all ridiculed in one way or another. I'm not saying that plastic surgery will help in those cases - I'm saying maybe everyone should look at the way they treat others. So many people say that inner beauty matters more - but adults and children talk behind people's backs, criticise people for their beliefs, make fun of them for wearing the wrong clothes, criticise people for their choice in music or movies, etc.

You said you're thirteen and looks don't matter. But do you do anything to MAKE yourself look better? 90% of people that get braces probably don't need them for medical reasons. Straight teeth are really just for looks unless the teeth are severly crooked. But people spend thousands of dollars on braces and retainers.

My friend in Canada, when I told her about this thread, had mentioned about people getting contacts versus glasses. Or nicer more expensive glasses than the $9.99 special.

If we have the power to change things we don't like about ourselves - we should have the option of being able to. If people don't approve of plastic surgery - then don't get it done. But don't judge others and say that they shouldn't get it done. Or that it doesn't matter. Unless you're that person - you can't say what is going into their decision. And if they are only doing it to get bigger breasts so they feel more attractive to men - isn't that still only THEIR business?

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-05-2002 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:37 PM   #94
Blackheart
Elf Lord

I want sharper teeth to bite people with.

I think plastic surgery is the answer.

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 03:44 PM   #95
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackheart
I want sharper teeth to bite people with.

I think plastic surgery is the answer.
I already have them and the horns.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 08-05-2002, 04:38 PM   #96
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil

I said it. I haven't left anyone out because of the way they looked either. But I'm sorry - most people, including me, when it comes to dating - want someone to look a certain way. It's animal nature to be attracted to certain looks. Anyone can tell you that the person with the pocket protector, black glasses that are taped together in the center, pants that are out of style and 2 inches too small - is not going to be treated the same way as the football jock or the cheerleader with long beautiful hair. That applies to elementary school, middle school, high school, college, and into the work place. Anyone that wants to see this in action should watch Heathers. The perfect black comedy about the "in versus the out crowd".

I've seen many children as well as adults be mean to people that are different. If you look at the issues with school shootings they all had one thing in common (although the communities seem to want to ignore this fact) the students that committed the crimes were all ridiculed in one way or another. I'm not saying that plastic surgery will help in those cases - I'm saying maybe everyone should look at the way they treat others. So many people say that inner beauty matters more - but adults and children talk behind people's backs, criticise people for their beliefs, make fun of them for wearing the wrong clothes, criticise people for their choice in music or movies, etc.

You said you're thirteen and looks don't matter. But do you do anything to MAKE yourself look better? 90% of people that get braces probably don't need them for medical reasons. Straight teeth are really just for looks unless the teeth are severly crooked. But people spend thousands of dollars on braces and retainers.

My friend in Canada, when I told her about this thread, had mentioned about people getting contacts versus glasses. Or nicer more expensive glasses than the $9.99 special.

If we have the power to change things we don't like about ourselves - we should have the option of being able to. If people don't approve of plastic surgery - then don't get it done. But don't judge others and say that they shouldn't get it done. Or that it doesn't matter. Unless you're that person - you can't say what is going into their decision. And if they are only doing it to get bigger breasts so they feel more attractive to men - isn't that still only THEIR business?
true, and most people do look down at others for stuff like that, and i admit that i have talked behind there backs. but still, there should be SOMETHING easer then plastic sergery!

i was playing in constructon last year, and got hurt. i had to get surgery on my lage and now there is a big score there where it was done. my other leg was fracterd and sprand at the same time, so i had to be in a will chair for 7 weeks and on cruches for five. but my point is is that i had a big score on my leg that looked ugly. my mommy gave me some stuff to make it go away, and it worked! i still have a score there, but only becouse i only put the stuff on every ones in a while, but my mommy pute it on one of her scores and it went away! so you do have other chouses other then plastic surgery, in some situasions. if there is absolutly NO other way, and it is bad to your health, then you can get plastic surgery. but if it is just to look better, and it will not make you stop filling sick or die sooner or anything else, then be happy with what you look like! there IS a difrence imbratween puting creem and nicer clothes on and getting a surgery over it!

and i do worry about some things, like what clothes i wear. but i look for sales, so that i can get good, fashnable clothes for cheaper!

FRODO LIVES!
Old 08-05-2002, 04:47 PM   #97
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by samwiselvr2008

and i do worry about some things, like what clothes i wear. but i look for sales, so that i can get good, fashnable clothes for cheaper!
All I'm saying is if looks don't matter then why not get clothes at K-Mart Blue Light Specials and not worry about it. I don't see any difference in getting Plastic Surgey if the person can afford it and wants it. Whose business is it of others what I do with my body or what someone else does with theirs?

You didn't reply to the 1,000's of dollars that many people spend each year to get their teeth straightened. This is mostly for cosmectic reasons. Look at Tom Cruise - he got braces. I do admit, when I see an actor or actress with crooked teeth - I think "Can't they get that fixed - they have the money?". But really - whether or not they get it "fixed" is their business. I luckily never had braces.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 08-05-2002 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:56 PM   #98
Sween
im quite stupid

unfortnally peole are judged by what they look like we all do it so lets not pretend. And some people dont feel so good about the way they look. I myself used to be a bit tubby as a child so i worked out and you could now break concreat on my body but say i had an awful nose that was real huge and bent or summet all the nice clothes and hard work will make it right so plastic sugery is a good thing if you want it. End of the day its not like it hurting anyone.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:17 PM   #99
BeardofPants
the Shrike

What is the difference between putting a "cream" on a scar, versus surgery? Either way, the final product is to have a more attractive leg. (non-scarred.) My two cents.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:08 PM   #100
samwiselvr2008
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil

All I'm saying is if looks don't matter then why not get clothes at K-Mart Blue Light Specials and not worry about it. I don't see any difference in getting Plastic Surgey if the person can afford it and wants it. Whose business is it of others what I do with my body or what someone else does with theirs?

You didn't reply to the 1,000's of dollars that many people spend each year to get their teeth straightened. This is mostly for cosmectic reasons. Look at Tom Cruise - he got braces. I do admit, when I see an actor or actress with crooked teeth - I think "Can't they get that fixed - they have the money?". But really - whether or not they get it "fixed" is their business. I luckily never had braces.
ya, well i had nothing to say about that! i mean, it is sorda exoensve, but my mom allways told me that if they did not fix it, then there teeth would get worse, and then it would be harder to fix them, and hurt and everything else! so i just allways thought that braces were good, and made your teeth stop hurting ect. if a dentist told you to get them, personly, i do not need them though, so maybe that is why i allways thought that it was for medicle resons! (and i still do)

FRODO LIVES!