Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Embarrassing Moments Thread

I'm sure all of you have gotten embarrassed at least once in their lifetime (I know I have), so I made a thread so you can tell us your most embarrassing moments! Don't be shy; we won't laugh at you... much.

Once, in kindergarten, during gym class, in the large hall, I farted really loud, and it echoed. Everyone stared at me, while I just looked around trying to accuse other people for my fart.

I'll tell you more of my 'moments' when someone else posts their's.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 07:49 PM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Heh. I must be like a magnet for embarassing moments....

Let's see, there was the time the foreman from the construction crew across the road from my old apartment came over to notify me that his lads were getting an eyeful every morning when I went to brush my teeth (particularly in summer, I don't tend to wear anything to bed, so....) Apparently, I was distracting them....
Old 09-18-2004, 08:21 PM   #3
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, today someone called and when I answered they said "Good morning," and I replied "Good, how are you?"
Old 09-18-2004, 08:24 PM   #4
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

My friend got chased by a squirrel about a year ago. And she's 13 now.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 08:28 PM   #5
trolls' bane

A what?
I know I have a few more, but I can't think of any righ now. I'll psot them when I do, though .
Edit: Now I know. Once I said something in a restraunt which was meant to be normal pitched and I ended up yelling it. I think it was "cake," but I'm not sure. I think some people turned, but not very many at least.
And one more. I jsut forgot how to spell many for a few minutes.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 09-18-2004 at 08:31 PM.
trolls' bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:14 PM   #6
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
I have one.

I have a bad one: Ok, so last year my class and I went to camp, and a friend and I had to go to the bathroom durring our river study, so we walked back up the trail and branched off it. We went around a bunch of trees and bushes and found a good spot, and just as we squatted down we sall the head of our male teacher thro the other bushes. Then he sall us and was like, "Girls! What are you doing back thare?" (I wanted to climb under a rock and die.)so I was all, "We're, uh...studying this moss."(wich was in our hands). And then my friend (who shall remain nameless) said "we're peeing!"
As I leaned over to tell her to shut the BEEP up we heard out teacher say, "Dang, girls take forever to go to the bathroom!"
When we returned to the class I could'nt look at the teacher for, like, the rest of the day.

And that's my story! (I have a lot more bad ones too.)

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:41 PM   #7
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Edit: Now I know. Once I said something in a restraunt which was meant to be normal pitched and I ended up yelling it. I think it was "cake," but I'm not sure. I think some people turned, but not very many at least.
Maybe they thought you were an Eddie Izzard fan.

Um...this wasn't really embarassing for me, but it was. One of my good guy friends (the one in the air force) made a major Freudian slip that ended up being very awkward for both of us. Something about me being cute, but I think he meant to say I was loud.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:29 PM   #8
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

One time I was drinking soda, and my sister said something really funny, and I started laughing really hard, and the soda came out of my nose.

Another time while we were eating dinner, I started cracking up, and I spit the biscuit I was eating out of my mouth. After awhile, I stopped laughing, and drank some milk, but I started laughing again, and the milk came out of my nose.

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Old 09-19-2004, 07:59 PM   #9
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr Polish
Maybe they thought you were an Eddie Izzard fan.
Who?
Old 09-19-2004, 08:23 PM   #10
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
British comedian (there's a thread about him in the entertainment forum). He has a skit about how the Anglican church would have done the Spanish Inquisition.

"Caake or deeaaath?"

"Um, cake, please!"

"All right, then. Give him CAKE!"
Old 09-20-2004, 01:21 AM   #11
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thain Peregrin Took I
One time I was drinking soda, and my sister said something really funny, and I started laughing really hard, and the soda came out of my nose.

Another time while we were eating dinner, I started cracking up, and I spit the biscuit I was eating out of my mouth. After awhile, I stopped laughing, and drank some milk, but I started laughing again, and the milk came out of my nose.
Okay, what's embarrassing about snorting drink out yer nostrils?

*BoP does that all the time*
Old 09-20-2004, 05:40 AM   #12
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starr Polish
British comedian (there's a thread about him in the entertainment forum). He has a skit about how the Anglican church would have done the Spanish Inquisition.

"Caake or deeaaath?"

"Um, cake, please!"

"All right, then. Give him CAKE!"
Or Monty Python:
"I just said there was trouble at the mill, I didn't expect a sort of Spanish Inquisition."
"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear. Our two weapons are surprise, fear, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope. Among our chief weapons are surprise, fear, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and ruthless efficiency. I will come in again."
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 08:20 AM   #13
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
A what?
I know I have a few more, but I can't think of any righ now. I'll psot them when I do, though .
And one more. I jsut forgot how to spell many for a few minutes.
I've got one like that. I was invigilating an exam and it was the time where I had to say "You've got 15 minutes left". I hadn't spoken for about 2 hours and got the volume totally wrong, shouting it at the top of my voice. The poor girl right in front of me screamed and dropped her pen and everybody pissed themselves laughing.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:45 AM   #14
Draken
Elf Lord

I once tried to be clever and help move a helicopter by pulling it rather than pushing it. But I fell over and it ran over me. I rolled in between the wheels so I didn't get hurt but I felt pretty stupid.

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:23 AM   #15
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Or Monty Python:
"I just said there was trouble at the mill, I didn't expect a sort of Spanish Inquisition."
"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear. Our two weapons are surprise, fear, and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope. Among our chief weapons are surprise, fear, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and ruthless efficiency. I will come in again."

in high school a band i was in played an outdoor show for the town fair... we were set up on the back of this platform truck/generator... about midway through the show we took a break... and with my bass still on i leaned on this railing that was on the back of the platform... i got a HUGE shock... jumped about ten feet... spun around... fell off... and landed on top of someone's mother (after that i turned off the 'ground lift' on my amp )
Old 09-21-2004, 07:40 PM   #16
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Okay, what's embarrassing about snorting drink out yer nostrils?

*BoP does that all the time*
I don't know... I just felt embarrassed... no idea why....

Old 09-21-2004, 07:51 PM   #17
trolls' bane

Well, once when I was like two, my mom and I were crossing the street, and almost got run over by a car. Mom called him an idiot as he sped away, and I looked at the guy and said, "But that was just a regular person." I vaguely remember thinking that an idiot was some sort of alien .
Old 09-21-2004, 07:54 PM   #18
trolls' bane

Oh, also when I was little, I used to wear my favorite holloween costumes to the store...year round .
Old 09-21-2004, 07:58 PM   #19
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
Yeah, One time my friend and I were walking in a store parking lot and she saw something out of the corner of her eye. So she turned her head while she walked, and just as she turned her head forward again, she ran head on into a handy-cap sign. She kind of staggered for a second and almost fell over. I nearly died from laughing so hard, and she started laughing too. Then she was all "I'm cool! I'm cool! I ment to do that!"
She felt ok, (besides the slight head-ache) and untill, in the middle of the store she saw a mirror and allmost yelled "Aaaaah! My head looks like somebody took a baseball bat to it!"(she had gotten a huge goose egg in the middle of her forhead) so I was like "Or a handy-cap sign!" Even she thot it was funny.
So that is another one of my manny stories.

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Elanor's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:13 PM   #20
trolls' bane

One day I was late for school because I had searched all over the house for my backpack, and about the time school started (this was before I lived accross the street from my school), I found out I was looking for a backpack already on my back . No one except my mom, and our first two rats, and our dog were around to see ti, but I still felt stupid. Then, she did the same thing with her glasses.
And I used to wear a bowler to school .
Edit: I guess this isn't really an embaressing moment, but once I had such a bad fever I started hallucinating, and I'm told that I started crying because someone closed "the gate." The only part I remember is seeing a rainbow that was half erased, so all that was left of one end was a bunch of spots fo color. And when I saw that, I also remember saying, "Look what you did to the rainbow." This was also when I was real little, and I've only had one bad fever since.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 09-21-2004 at 08:20 PM.
trolls' bane is offline   Reply With Quote