Beor
founder of the color blue

what up, Beard
Old 05-19-2004, 05:52 PM   #582
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
In a similar vein, I think Brown Jenkins, Insidious Rex, and Cirdan all need rounds of applause for their objectivity, and well enunciated posts.
Of course you view them as objective - they support your political view. I haven't heard too many of them saying - "let's wait and see what the investigations brings out" - "let's wait and see if there are more involvement with other soldiers, other prisons" that is being objective. Running with rumors and making blind accusations isn't objective.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 05-19-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:07 PM   #583
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Beor
what up, Beard
Heya Bill, doing good. Yourself? Read Dune yet?
Old 05-19-2004, 06:34 PM   #584
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

..hey, I'm not opening any veins.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:49 PM   #585
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Fenir_LacDanan
Just to actually do what a moderator says , I will come back to the subject.

I take serious issue with the argument that the abuses were "an isolated incident", and not further wide spread. How do we know? Perhaps at the other RAPE AND TORTURE sessions, the US soldiers left their cameras at home???? Hmmmmm???

God, that felt goooooood.
Ah... if it isn't Fenir_LacBrains....oops.. I mean LacDanan...

If you had half a brain, in your puerile head you'd have researched a bit before you spewed forth your inane American-blaming rhetoric and subjected us to your hebetudinous gawking.

The rape of one prisoner was at the hands of a CONTRACTOR, not a soldier. Please try to remember that we have an American soldier that posts here. Get your story straight, before you release yourself upon us all.

Note all the smilies.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:54 PM   #586
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Note all the smilies.
Ru, don't you start too.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:05 PM   #587
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Fenir_LacDanan
So, the fact that there may be hundreds more abuses that were NOT attended by a cameraman, is ignorant?? It is ignorant to claim a point is ignorant, as opposed to actually arguing the point...
"The fact that there may be...."???? This is too easy.... If I respond... I'll be banded for sure. MWHAHAHAAAA!!!!

And Lackey... you might take note that there may be thousands of "good deeds" committed every day by American, as well as other coalition, forces. Even I don't believe that this is a widespread problem, only that it is a problem and should be rectified with swift justice to all culprits, up high and down low.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:07 PM   #588
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by EƤrniel
Ru, don't you start too.
Start what?
Old 05-19-2004, 07:10 PM   #589
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Of course you view them as objective - they support your political view. I haven't heard too many of them saying - "let's wait and see what the investigations brings out" - "let's wait and see if there are more involvement with other soldiers, other prisons" that is being objective. Running with rumors and making blind accusations isn't objective.
Please enlighten me on these "rumors" you are accusing people of embracing who disagree with the war and your political views.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:10 PM   #590
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
.... or letting anger effect his responses at all like some people here (myself included) have a habit of doing.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY!!!!

oh... oops....
Old 05-19-2004, 07:24 PM   #591
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok
Please enlighten me on these "rumors" you are accusing people of embracing who disagree with the war and your political views.
I'm not talking about the war - I'm talking about the abuse scandal and such comments as "the higher ups had to know" "the new yorker said" "there have been reports", "it's more widespread", "they're going to just cover it up" etc. and taking all this as fact.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 05-19-2004 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:31 PM   #592
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
I'm not talking about the war - I'm talking about the abuse scandal and such comments as "the higher ups had to know" "the new yorker said" "there have been reports", "it's more widespread", "they're going to just cover it up" etc. and taking all this as fact.
Ok, but not everyone believes the words of all journalism with strong conviction. Alot of people don't believe everything the media says and to believe otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:02 PM   #593
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok
Ok, but not everyone believes the words of all journalism with strong conviction. Alot of people don't believe everything the media says and to believe otherwise is absolutely ridiculous.
But when they post about it and how this and that is the case - it leads me to believe that that is what they believe when that is what they are using in their arguments. I'm talking about people using unsubstantiated reports in their arguments to back up their opinions.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-19-2004, 09:20 PM   #594
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
hm funny... I believe thats exactly what Ive said several times. That we need to investigate and fix the situation.

And by the way from your comments Im assuming you would consider what the accused soldiers are saying about following orders from higher authorities as rumors? and blind accusations? isnt information obtained from the soldiers in question PART of the investigation you speak of to determine if it goes beyond their ranks?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 05-19-2004, 09:21 PM   #595
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure the intelligent people out there know that speculation and assumption are NOT FACT. They are as they are... speculation and assumption.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:25 PM   #596
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
But when they post about it and how this and that is the case - it leads me to believe that that is what they believe when that is what they are using in their arguments. I'm talking about people using unsubstantiated reports in their arguments to back up their opinions.
OMG!!! You are NOT taking Fenir_LacBrains as intelligent post.... Are you? BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!! Come on!!! He used the word "fact" with "that there may be" !!!! roflmao!
Old 05-19-2004, 09:25 PM   #597
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
hm funny... I believe thats exactly what Ive said several times. That we need to investigate and fix the situation.

And by the way from your comments Im assuming you would consider what the accused soldiers are saying about following orders from higher authorities as rumors? and blind accusations? isnt information obtained from the soldiers in question PART of the investigation you speak of to determine if it goes beyond their ranks?
But there is a difference when people use it as fact - not statements that have yet to be substantiated.

Ruinel - you repeatedly use rumors and unsubstantiated information to back up your opinions - so don't even start. You speculate all the time and go with rumors.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-19-2004, 09:28 PM   #598
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
...Ruinel - you repeatedly use rumors and unsubstantiated information to back up your opinions - so don't even start. You speculate all the time and go with rumors.
I have not once said that my own speculation was fact.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:36 PM   #599
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
I have not once said that my own speculation was fact.
Then I hope you will refrain from using this to condemnn Bush or Rumsfeld - since it seems like neither of them knew anything about the situation. Rumor has it that Rumself may have given the orders - but there isn't any confirmed indication. Especially since back in January he had said an investigation had been started about the abuse.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 05-19-2004, 09:37 PM   #600