Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Ruinel
Banned

An American Apology to Iraqis

I don't believe any Iraqis visit this message board, that I know of. However, I've been following along with the news of the abuses to Iraqis at the Abu Ghraib prison.

I will not speak here for the Brits. They can open their own thread if they wish, or bury their heads.. that's their own choice. I don't care. But I feel compelled to speak out.

I am personally disgusted at what has been allowed to go on at the prison. I can NOT be convinced that SOMEONE higher up was unaware of what was happening. I am so upset, I'm nearly in tears over it! How could ANYONE sit by and allow this to happen? Are we not human anymore? Are THEY not human anymore? What is wrong with this [edited] world!?!

Some of the abuse was done by American military personel. Some of the abuse was done by contract prison workers (who may or may not have been Americans). Either way, I know that a few people down at the bottom will pay for it, and those that allowed or encouraged it by looking the other way WILL NOT! And I am repulsed by it!!!!

Words can not convey my anger, nor my sorrow for those that suffered the humiliation. I don't care who the victims were... what I care about is that the American public was told that we were going over to Iraq to help the people of Iraq... that we were freeing them of an abusive, sadistic, ruthless leader who tortured his own people... that we were better than Saddam Huissain... we were going to help, not hurt....
.....................LIES LIES LIES!!!!!!!!!!

I am personally ASHAMED!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2004, 08:18 PM   #2
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

I'm not suprised something like this was occuring, we can thank George Bush for getting us involved in this mess to begin with. And this isn't the first time George Bush has misled the American people.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:32 AM   #3
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I have nothing to be sorry for - therefore IO'm not issuing an empty apology, the only one's who should be sorry - are the ones who did it.

As for your comment Ragnarok - George Bush didn't miuslead us - or were you one of the ones who only heard about the WMD reason?

I can tell you how I feel after seeing how that person was executed. if anyone wants to see it - let me know. You don't want to know what I think we should do to ALL the Middle East right now either. You call what the US soldiers did torture? That was child's play compared to what Hussein did and Al Qaeda does. I'm not condoning the soldiers action - what they did was outrageous - but it is NOTHING comprared to what the Middle East does that the media whitewashes.

Look at how the palestinians are even withholding jewish soliers body parts. They actually went out and collected the body parts of jewish soldiers - so they can't be buried in the jewish tradition. the palestinians are the ones who always claim "religious perseciution" every chance they get and claim that they're religion isn't respected.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 05-13-2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:54 AM   #4
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

JD, can you not feel one ounce of shame for such a horrible situation as this?

Ru- hear hear.

we went in there to free these people. as much as i am opposed to this illegitimate war, there is nothing i can do about it now. So i can only hope that we can be as civilised and diplomatic as wartime allows us.
but with these recent events it is hard to even hope that.
we went in to free these people and we do this by capturing 'suspects', putting bags over thier heads, stripping them down and making them do horrible, awful things. all the while, we are taking pictures and laughting about it.
(over 50% of the 'suspects' are actually believed to be innocent after the fact -JD, i got that stat from my right-wing newspaper, just so you know it's not from micheal moore or punkvoter, or anything remotely 'liberal')

How can i not feel sorry?
Even if i am not the one who is out there doing this, it is my country who has pushed it's way in there.

Last edited by LuthienTinuviel : 05-13-2004 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:54 PM   #5
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

You know what I'm sorry for and ashamed of? Americans that don't stand by their country and support its military and government, but yet have the audacity to live here, take advantage of the freedoms this country has fought and died to give you, and then critisize it at every turn. No one in this world is perfect. The US is not an innocent angel that has committed no wrong, but it is far less barbaric and more civilized then most and if war is something the world doesn't want, then other countries need to learn to wipe their own behinds instead of depending on the US to do it for them, while they critisize us all the while. So quit the whining and stand up for your freedom. And I say if you are an American, then be proud of it, and stop acting like a wimpy weakling that owes the world an apology for the actions of a few idiots, who btw, are being punished, but it sure doesn't seem to be enough for everyone. If you don't like it here, then get the hell out of Dodge. I'm so sick of this. If I didn't have to moderate, I wouldn't even read these ridiculous American slamming threads. ICK!

Now that I've had my little rant, let me remind you that there is already a thread discussing this crap. Closing.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Closed Thread