Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-15-2003, 03:57 PM   #41
Elf Girl
Lurker

This may be something of a 'vent', but it relates to the topic:

At school today, everyone was asking me if I was 'sad' Hussein had been captured. WTF? He's a dictator. Just because I didn't believe in invading his country (and was quite vociferous about it) doesn't mean I like him!
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 04:10 PM   #42
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Sheesh, that is awful.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 05:16 PM   #43
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
This may be something of a 'vent', but it relates to the topic:

At school today, everyone was asking me if I was 'sad' Hussein had been captured. WTF? He's a dictator. Just because I didn't believe in invading his country (and was quite vociferous about it) doesn't mean I like him!
That's what you get for being a traitor.

J/K!!! lol
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 03:29 PM   #44
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

He makes me think of Saruman, cast down...
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 08:56 PM   #45
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

LOL check this out:

Quote:
"Captured Saddam" action figure, just in time for the holidays
Tue Dec 16,10:38 AM ET

NEW YORK (AFP) - It didn't take long, and just in time for the holidays, the "Captured Saddam," action figure, presumably fresh out of an imaginary spider-hole, has been rushed to store shelves.

This image obtained courtesy of Hero Builders (HB) shows the new captured Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) doll. The 12-inch Saddam action figure, with an Ace of Spades t-shirt retails for about 30 dollars(AFP/HO-HB).

"We got him," advertises Herobuilders.com. "We are thrilled at the fact that we can respond to new world circumstances within 24 hours.

"We still mold and hand paint each and every action figure right here in the Good Old USA," adds the company which specializes in political playthings, and also is proud to feature Uday Hussein and macabre DOA (dead on arrival) Uday dolls.

Also in the company's line-up are an artificially muscled George W. Bush, talking and non-talking versions; an Osama Bin Laden, and an earlier "Butcher of Baghdad" model of Saddam, clad in an S and M outfit, sold separately, black beret and sunglasses.

For the European front, the company features a Tony Blair "Talking British Ally" model; and Gerhard Schroeder in camouflage; and French President Jacque Chirac, whom it calls "le Worm" in a flouncy French maid's outfit. France and Germany opposed the US-led war in Iraq.
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen

Last edited by Dúnedain : 12-16-2003 at 08:58 PM.
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 09:02 PM   #46
Valandil

Figured it wouldn't take long...
Old 12-16-2003, 09:41 PM   #47
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

thought this was amusing (it's just a joke, guys, just a joke):

Baghdad - It has been revealed that a Halliburton executive is responsible for the tip that led to the capture of Iraq's former dictator Saddam Hussein.

According to a source at the Pentagon, a Halliburton executive contacted authorities in Baghdad informing them of the possible location where Saddam Hussein was hold up.

The source says the Halliburton executive turned in the former dictator when he failed to make the final payment on the 6 foot by 8 foot hole in the ground constructed by a Halliburton company operating in Iraq.

After his capture, Saddam Hussein lodged an official complaint with the new authorities in Iraq. In his complaint, Hussein alleges he was grossly overcharged by Hallibuton for the construction of his hiding hole.

At the time of his capture, Hussein had $750,000 of American cash in his possession. Hussein claims the money was for the final payment on his hole in the ground. "This hole thing has just turned into a money pit, a d@mn money pit", said Hussein.

Because the tip led to the capture of Hussein, Halliburton will be entitled to the $25 million reward for his capture.

A spokesperson for Halliburton told the media that they did not overcharge Hussein for his hole in the ground. Halliburton has also laid claim to the $750,000 the U.S. government confiscated from Hussein on his capture.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #48
Captain Stern
Elven Warrior

I think I'm going to go into the hole business.
Then hate overcame Fëanor's fear, and he cursed Melkor and bade him be gone, saying 'Get thee gone from my gate, thou jail-crow of Mandos!' And he shut the doors of his house in the face of the mightiest of all dwellers in Eä.
Captain Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 12:22 PM   #49
The Gaffer
Elf Lord

You need a hole lotta money to get started tho'.
The Gaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 12:25 PM   #50
Valandil

Limited demand for it though... unless you're willing to relocate to the Shire!