Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-23-2002, 10:26 PM   #41
Vanimdil
Enting

I LOVED my Strawberry Shortcake dolls when I was little! I had Stawberry Shortcake and three of her friends.

Hey Renille, I use to play "Little House on the Prairie" all the time when I was younger. I "was" Laura.
Vanimdil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 11:18 PM   #42
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

Hey Vanimdil!!! I love strawberry shortcake dolls too! I played with them for a long time... much better than barbie!!! at least i thought so!
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 11:39 PM   #43
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

I had read all the Little House on the Prarie books by the time I was in 3rd grade. I loved them b/c my real name is Laura. I got started on them in kindergarten when a lady that goes to church with me gave me Little House in the Big Woods for KG graduation - adn from then on, I was hooked! The show was a little before my time so I never really watched that, though.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 11:44 PM   #44
Darth Tater
The man

The TV show was actually worse then the books. I didn't think it was possible, but somehow they managed!
Darth Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 11:28 AM   #45
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

*starts singing* Teenage Mutant Ninja TURTLES!

Yeah, I think a lot of people liked them. I never could pick a favorite between Raphael and Michaelangelo
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 11:37 AM   #46
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

...heroes in a half-shell, TURTLE POWER!

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 01:39 PM   #47
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanimdil

Hey Renille, I use to play "Little House on the Prairie" all the time when I was younger. I "was" Laura.
Haha...I always wanted to be Laura. But my friend who was as stubborn as me occasionaly got sick of being Mary all the time. Once, she wanted ME to be Mary, and I wouldn't...I said I'd be Laura's favorite tree or something instead. Needless to say, that didn't last very long.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 01:46 PM   #48
Bacchus
Elven Warrior

Dating myself a bit....

Fave cartoons--Speed Racer and Starblazers

Fave movie--Star Wars series (yes, I saw the original theatrical release of all three)

Fave sports team--Dallas Cowboys (They DID have a team before Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith. Coached by a fellow named Landry...)

Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2002, 02:05 PM   #49
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Bacchus
Quote:
Starblazers
I remember that. It's the one with the old shipwreck (or was it a sub) that they turned into a starship, right? I sort of remember it having a sad ending though.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 02-25-2002, 05:45 PM   #50
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
I also had a doll named Rapunzel. I got her one Christmas and by the end of the day she was TOTALLY un-dressed(she was a soft doll. You know the kind kids snuggle up to for thier naps?)and at the end of the day her hair would have made even Medusa balk it was so freaky lookin. What were your favorite stories,toys or whatever?
How's that for a new thread?
Sam
ps. I would watch Barney sometimes. And Care Bears. And Nika Turtles. But Bugs Bunny is the BEST of all time.
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 07:51 PM   #51
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

hmm... my favorite story would have to be the little red hen. My grandma always used to read it to me. My favorite thing would have to be my blanket which I called my bee. I got it when I was born and I've had it ever since. It's yellow with that satiny stuff around the edges.
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 04:50 PM   #52
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

INVADER ZIM IS GOD.
call me weird, but i like rocket power and as told by ginger too.
from the 80's, it's not a cartoon, but it's an old called under the umbrella tree.
it naever came in too well, cause it came from across the river from canada, but it still loved it.

popples were sweet in their day
Old 02-26-2002, 10:27 PM   #53
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

You know, when I was in kindergarten me and my best friend would fight over who got to be the Pink Ranger
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 10:37 PM   #54
Nibs
Head Hollara

Under the Umbrella Tree... not much comes to my mind, but I remember watching it a little... I recall the blue bird character, but nothing else for sure. Good ol' Crayola Days...

Oh, and I can't believe I hadn't mentioned Looney Tunes... some one else did, and I know I grew up always knowing that Wile E. Coyote would never catch that Roadrunner. It would disrupt the Earth's orbit around the Sun, I'm sure.

I also grew up with the first game systems... mostly Nintendo. I can recall blissfully playing Mario and being in awe at what we considered state-of-the-art electronics technology (for games, at least). We had that running pad, duck hunt, Contra, Double Dragon... the works. Now it lingers on our shelf as a dust collection/paperweight until we pull it down and play with it for about five minutes then become bored with it again... it's pretty neat recalling all these childhood memories, but I can feel myself getting all profound and gloomy and stuff. I should stop.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 10:41 PM   #55
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
My friend and I never fought about who got to be pink, I hated the color, so I was always Trini (yellow). I always kind of resented the pink ranger being the the spotlight, so we always made up games from Disney movies, and she was always a secondary character...mahahha.

As we got older and were in junior high or nearing it, we pretended to be at high school dances. Ahh, the days of hte Spice Girls...gack!
Old 02-26-2002, 10:43 PM   #56
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

ahh ! the running pad!
i spilled juice on my friends and i bet she still hates me
i always used to beat her at the olympic long jump.. ya know the one where ya had to jump up off the pad and whnen you hit, your character did, no matter how high they were a split second before?
well i used to just step off to the side of the pad and cheat al ittle !

i can't believ i remember that!
Old 02-26-2002, 11:03 PM   #57
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

nibs,

Thanks for reminding me of Looney Tunes. My favorite lines are from from Yosemite Sam.

Sam: Surrender or die Rabbit! I got you outnumbered one to one!

Bugs: ...I speak softly, but I carry a BIG STICK!
Sam: Well I speak LOOUUUD and I carry a BIGGER STICK! And I use it too!*bonks Bugs on the head*

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...

Last edited by Arathorn : 02-26-2002 at 11:41 PM.
Old 03-09-2002, 01:18 AM   #58
Bregalad
Elven Warrior

Nibs, I remember when the only game was pong. Talk about simple graphics, but graphics wasn't even a word back then! And I very fondly remember an arcade game called Asteroids! What I wouldn't give to play some Asteroids right now!

This post property of Entmoot.
Bregalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 03:40 AM   #59
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Hey, I remember pong. That one had one BIG pixels getting bounced around by 2 vertical lines/paddles.

As for Nintendo, I remember when they were just on these flat LCD panel toys called Game n' Watch. There's octupus, fire, donkey kong, manhole, etc. I also remember the classic zaxxon, q-bert, and space invaders.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...
Old 03-09-2002, 03:01 PM   #60
The Ring Mistro
Sapling

Old toys

I remember pogs : i used 2 a've a shiney one
The Ring Mistro is offline   Reply With Quote