Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-03-2002, 05:29 AM   #21
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Lizra

I think PJ's touch of being, traditionally, a horror director just surfaced with the orcs.

BTW, if you're referring to the lines that are found below our posts, they're signatures. You can set them from your control panel (uucp button on upper right of screen). Select "edit profile button" and there you go...

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 04:28 PM   #22
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I am realy confused about what will happen in the Two Towers, but I think that it will focus more on Aragorn rather than Frodo and Sam, which is a pity since I prefer that part of the story. The trailer only added the Frodo part at the end, but still, we will have to wait until we find out.
I liked the film (that is an understatement) and liked PJ's interpriation of the film. It is late and i am tired and i can't write anymore or remember what i was going to write!

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 06:33 PM   #23
Carafin
Elven Warrior

I must say that when I went to see the movie I wasn't expecting much I was however VERY impressed and I would go back and see it again and I am really glad someone finally made a movie out of this amazing book!

four be the things I'd be better off without,
love, curiousity, freckles, and doubt
Queen Guinevere?
Though all to ruin fell the world,
And were dissolved and backward hurled,
Unmade into the old abyss,
Yet were its making good for this,
The dusk, the dawn, the earth, the sea,
That Luthien for a time shoud be ~
~Beren: The Song of Parting
Carafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2002, 09:36 PM   #24
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

They did show more of Frodo in the TT trailer! There was him and Sam in Emyn Muil, and another shot of them in Emyn Muil when he says the Ring is getting heavier, and then that bit in the dead marshes, with Galadriel's voice over. But you're probably right, Erendil, I think it will consetrate on Aragorn. And Eowyn

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 04:36 PM   #25
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I have seen the trailer, and Frodo is shown for a very short time near the end (and some part near the beginning). The main concept is about Aragorn being the lost king of Gondor, so the movie will concentrate on that.

Of course i am right! I am always right...or maybe (nearly) always wrong. Don't take my words for Gospel truth.

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:19 PM   #26
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

I still haven't seen the trailer! And now the movie's gone off at my place - *sobsobsob*!
Does ANYONE know where I can see it on the net? I seriously *need* TTT!
Old 05-14-2002, 11:34 PM   #27
Eruviel Greenleaf

*sigh*
The trailer can be found at www.full-bloom.net

Go to multimedia. It's there.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!

Last edited by Eruviel Greenleaf : 05-14-2002 at 11:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:52 PM   #28
Earenya
Elven Warrior

The one major thing I would've changed is the Galadriel/Frodo scene. Not only was Sam cut, but we didnt see Galadriel's ring!!!!
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2002, 11:54 PM   #29
Eruviel Greenleaf

Yeah, they should have shown Nenya there as well as at the beginning. But they didn't, and we are being very nit-picky.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 05-19-2002, 03:22 PM   #30
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Tater
Goddamnit! Can we have one thread in this section that isn't about nitpicking? One thread where ppl appreciate the genius of this film rather then tearing it appart because it isn't word for word, frame for frame exactly the same as the book? Once again I say, how dull would that be! Oh, and they're different mediums! I feel like those two things are becoming my mantra. Geesh I'm about ready to go looking for a Tolkien forum where ppl actually know how to appreciate a wonderful thing when they see it, and don't bitch about every little thing!
then look for a new forum..i am sure many mooters were offended by your comment, tater. This was a thread just askin people their opinions on if and how they should have done some scenes differently. A forum is a place for discussion, and if you cant handle that then dont take it out on Mooters who enjoy discussing the Movies with each other.
Old 05-19-2002, 03:54 PM   #31
Eruviel Greenleaf

Tar-Elendil....

beware the wrath of Darth Tater!!!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!