Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2002, 10:15 PM   #21
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

Way to go Galadriel! I'm proud of you... *starts a chant... galadriel , galadriel, GALADRIEL, galadriel , GALADRIEL , galadriel , GALADRIEL!!!!!! *

¿Which came first... the chicken or the egg?

¿How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 11:48 PM   #22
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Heh...thanks, Elf Princess!

My school is only 1-A, if that tells you anything about how small it is. In the junior band, we have: 2 clarinets, 3 flutes, 1 alto sax, 1 baritone, 1 trombone (me), 3 trumpets, and 3 percussionists. Senior band has 2 clarinets, 4 flutes (one who also plays piccolo), 1 alto sax/tuba, 1 trombone, 3 trumpets, and 3 percussionists. So in all, now that i have a total count, there are 14 people in junior band, and 14 in senior band. So I was one off, but oh well...

I definitely think we will get better with time. We do have some very talented people in band already. One of our trumpets in senior band has been playing for 5 years, and our sax player volunteered to learn tuba this year, which was quite a feat! He's doing great on it too.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 11:57 PM   #23
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

Congradulations! I've played Ashton Overture before although I don't have the slightest memory of how it goes. I just went from a 30 person band to a 100 member band. It's....different. I think your lucky to be in a small band, my playing ablity has dropped a bit since I got to the high school, there's less of a reason to get it right, if you don't know it chances are the other 13 flutes do.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 06:05 PM   #24
galadriel88

Quote:
I just went from a 30 person band to a 100 member band. It's....different. I think your lucky to be in a small band, my playing ablity has dropped a bit since I got to the high school, there's less of a reason to get it right, if you don't know it chances are the other 13 flutes do.
I get what you mean. Maybe I'm more lucky than I thought...

Ashton Overture is a really cool peice, I love it. James Swearingen is a really good composer IMO. I would hum the tune for you, Menelvagor, but of course you wouldn't hear it, too bad!

We had our after - concert party today. Everybody brought brownies! We were all chocolated out, and I think I'm on a sugar high...
Also Miss Patton brought her CD player and a great jazz CD, we were all getting into the music and having a great time. It was funny because we played a peice called Concert Celebration, so Aundrea goes,"Hey, it's our concert celebration!"

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 04-25-2002, 11:01 PM   #25
elf_princess
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
Heh...thanks, Elf Princess!

My school is only 1-A, if that tells you anything about how small it is.
I'm from an extremely small school too... in my class there are only 34 people. In my whole high school there are only about 120 people... I like it that way though. You know everybody... but there are a lot of gossips!

¿Which came first... the chicken or the egg?

¿How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
elf_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 08:52 AM   #26
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Right!!!Don't worry, be happy!!!!
the worst that could happen won't destroy your life!!!!
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 03:14 PM   #27
TomFoolOfATook
Hobbit

You will do fine

You will do fine - look at it with a carefree Tom Bombadil attitude
Pieces of Eight
Treasure filled with emphtiness
dont let it turn your heart to stone
TomFoolOfATook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 09:14 PM   #28
galadriel88

Your school sounds a lot like mine, elf princess. There are probably 29 kids in my calss and 100 on the high school hall. I know everybody! It's wonderful, although rumors do fly fast, like you said. I love my school, I've hone there since KG!

Old 04-26-2002, 10:09 PM   #29
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Have you ever played Covington Square by James Swearingen? It's one of my all-time favorite pieces. (Probably because I get to play the trumpet solo ) Brookpark (Overture?) is also another really cool song by him. My band director said that not a lot of composers like him because they say that every song that he writes is basically the same. I don't really care. I like them all.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 10:39 PM   #30
galadriel88

I've never heard of those but I may check into getting them for a little something to work on this summer. They sound like cool peices! Of course, just the trombone part won't sound like anything, but oh well....

Old 04-26-2002, 10:51 PM   #31
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I think that Covington Square has a couple of cool trombone parts. Wait... maybe that's saxophone I'm thinking of. Anyway, they're lots of fun to play.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 11:03 PM   #32
galadriel88

Sounds good. I'll have to ask mom to take me to the music store sometime, or I may ask Miss Patton to look for me. She goes there a lot more often than I do...