Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-01-2008, 06:43 PM   #21
Nautipus
Kraken King

Well, I havnt heard it, but I was just trying to get a laugh I guess.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:54 PM   #22
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautipus View Post
Well, I havnt heard it, but I was just trying to get a laugh I guess.
Oh.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 06:58 PM   #23
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

The world is going to be so changed in the next decades, I wonder how much progress there will be in the next 100 years let alone the next thousand. The world's changed a ton in the last just 50 years. It's both exciting and scary at the same time, to imagine what it will be like in the short period of 50 more years. If one were to ask the question where I'll be in 50 years, I'd have to say I don't know, could be anywhere by that point.

I'm certain my residence here will be more temporary than my last. The next move will probably take the family the whole way to the other side of the world, to New Zealand, away from most of the problems of the world. Having moved where I am recently, it's better I can say that for sure but I still have the same thing missing, and don't know quite what it is. Maybe a vacation and an adventure or two. In 50 years, I hope I'm traveling a lot, and not to any war-laden part of the world.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #24
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
It would be my honor to be a delicious automobile. But the phrase I used is common in English usage. Like 'tour de force' or 'toujour gai'.
Not to mention it's pretty easy to decipher. I mean, I don't speak French, but I can tell what it means. "That's war". Or "It's war". Or something like that.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #25
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Let's see... hopefully in five years I'll have graduated from college, and be working steadily. Unless I find a way to study longer...
I doubt I'll be married, and definitely no kids.

Fifteen years... I'll be successful, probably well off. Done something important in my field, or another area. Made a positive difference in my surroundings. I might be married. No kids.

Just for fun...

By the time I'm fifty I want to:
Have made an important scientific discovery
Be a millionaire

By eighty:
Have written a successful book
Become a missionary
Won the Nobel Peace Prize
Saved the world

Sort of my tentative life plan... for real, I don't even know what I want to major in in college.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #26
Nautipus
Kraken King

(to Gwai)-Maybe I'm a little behind the curve then, because the only things that I recognized were "c'est" and "la".

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:32 AM   #27
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Aw, this is cool. Some of you I never imagined having those particular ideas of your 'future' self .

I'd say five years from now I'd like to be graduated (duh O.o) and hopefully singing professionally to some degree or other... either operatically or as a jazz singer locally. Preferably also teaching at maybe the elementary level as a choir/music teacher of some sort.

Fifteen years from now I'd like to still be performing (I'd be about 34 I guess), and maybe still some choir directing at a church or part time at a school... but more so I'd like to have my own private voice studio and teach primarily high-school and adult level voice... hopefully more adult. Potentially I'd like to have a masters or even doctorate degree in vocal pedagogy by then, although I don't know that I'd jump into one of those programs directly out of my undergrad.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 03:44 AM   #28
Mari
Elf Lady

This thread-topic is so difficult! I mean, it took me almost 4 years to figure out what I wanted to do after studying Japanese and I'm still not a 100% sure it is what I should do.
I hope it'll somehow lead me to a job with the UN, EU, Dutch government or Church, but that's probably not going to happen.

It surprises me though, that some people already pretty much know what they want. I admire people who know what they want (and actually get it).
Difficult, but interesting question Sis!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #29
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post

It surprises me though, that some people already pretty much know what they want. I admire people who know what they want (and actually get it).
Difficult, but interesting question Sis!
Well, some of us knew what we wanted, didn't get it, but ended up happy with what we got.

We're not that admirable, but we're fun to be around.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote