Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-08-2003, 05:17 PM   #1
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

my book:The Dragonking's Sword

hey,i'm writing a book right now called "The Dragonking's Sword".

it's book one in the trilogy,and is so far 332 pages long.

It has a lot of history(a lot needs to be cleaned up in the second draft though)
and Giroth is the dragonking,BTW.

To put it real short,the book's about an elf with a mysterious past who is the only one that
can release the once evil dragonking,Giroth,from his sword prison at the Wizard Tower,in order to control the dragonking and destroy the Gryhir Dragon(gryhir dragons can morph in form),Serira.This gryhir dragon is threatening to destroy the land of Balorn with his magic,and has captured the last dragon guardians of balorn in order to use them against the kingdom,also releasing the many beasts from the unknown land into balorn,where the dragons once prevented from happening.

also,Serira was the enemy of Giroth long ago,and Giroth was the enemy of balorn long before that, where he destroyed the kingdoms for sport until the wizards of the Wizard Tower concealed him in a magic sword to stop him(he couldn't be killed)and then later control him at will to help balorn.

Serira killed all the wizards of the tower,thus preventing the release of Giroth anymore against him because only the wizards had the power to do so.

But the elf had the ability,for an unknown reason..........

It has a lot of characters,creatures,history,and a language too.Not all fixed up yet, not even close,but it's going well

Any advice?

~Giroth
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 10:04 PM   #2
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Edit the book when you're done with it, searching for errors in spelling, or ways in which to incorporate better language. Let people you know read a couple chapters from it, and get advice from them on what to change. Reading on those subjects in books could help. Then go away from it for a while, learn some more about writing on those subjects from books, and edit the story again.

You would come into the second book with a greater level of skill.

I'm editing Part 2 of my book right now. It's around 260 pages long, and Part 1 is about the same length. The editing is a process that has to be gone through.

It's great that you're so interested in writing .
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 01:24 AM   #3
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

hey thanks,I appreciate itThat's cool about your book;good luck with it!

Yeah,I'll get my brothers to read some of it.........and I've been talking a break to get more ideas,and stuff like that.

Thanks again,

~Giroth
Old 06-22-2003, 06:56 PM   #4
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

BTW,I have been writing for about 5 years and have written in 23 books...
Old 09-21-2003, 09:36 PM   #5
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

hey,just an update:

i am completely revising the plot.....it will be written much better now,and will have better history.

heheheheheh

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!

Last edited by Giroth : 09-21-2003 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:55 PM   #6
Entlover
Elven Warrior

Another hint:
don't give all your plot away online, save some surprises for your readers.

I just found a great book (in my local library) to help with writing: Stein on Writing by Sol Stein. Excellent! He advises, among other things, using direct quotes and scenes with dialogue as much as possible, cutting down on description because modern readers are bored with too much exposition and won't sit still for it.

Good luck with your book.
Entlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2003, 05:34 PM   #7
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

I appreciate itBut I actually changed the entire plot of my book,which I will not give away.thanx!

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!