Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #81
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Mmm hmm, Isengard with Northwest from Rohan, so either Pete hasn't studied his maps very well or Legolas has a really loooooooooooong eye span.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:35 PM   #82
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

I don't care if they were actually going notheast or northwest or whatever; I don't like the way the line ("They've turned northeast. They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!"- I don't mind the 'elf-eyes' thing a bit) was delivered. Sounds cheesy. But I do think Orlando Bloom is a pretty good actor.
I think the regular version is a bit choppy, but I'm hoping the EE will fix that. The first movie is a little silly (in my opinion) in the regular version, too. I think the EEs kind of help the changes PJ made make a little more sense. Already The Towers looks better in the EE preview (again: in my opinion).

btw, did anybody else notice Legolas's eyes looked really weird in TTT? Looked like they were trying to do a Frodolas to me. His eyes weren't that blue in FOTR were they? Or is it that I watched POTC and now see Orlando Bloom's contacts for what they are?
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 08:46 PM   #83
Balrog_of_Morgoth
Elven Warrior

I forgot the thing that probably bothers me the most...

When Sam falls down the cliff and Frodo hides them with the Elven cloak. As they look out from underneath the cloak, the dude's foot is RIGHT next to them. When it switches to the perspective of the warrior, he is much farther away from them.

Moreover, there is not enough explanation of the "hiding" quality of the cloak. Everyone I've ever watched the movie with that is not familiar with the books finds it to be a little unbelievable.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:50 AM   #84
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

I hate the way Eowyn is patting Gimli on his back after he'd fallen off his horse. It's too much.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:52 PM   #85
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

I hate it when Frodo is in Osgiliath and the Nazgul are coming, and he says in this really weird voice, "They're hear...they've come..." and his eyes roll back in his head. Lol, I was expecting his head to turn all the way around.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:25 PM   #86
Laurelindórenan
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
I hate it when Frodo is in Osgiliath and the Nazgul are coming, and he says in this really weird voice, "They're hear...they've come..." and his eyes roll back in his head.
Really? I kind of liked that part. It was freaky.

We all took an evilness test. WiKi was in the 99.7 to 99.8 percentile range. Seven of the rest of us got in the 99.0 to 99.6 range. Our 9th member, Bob, hasn't been able to overcome his love of kittens. He only got a 88.2. We're hoping to get him replaced.

- Ask the Characters, stupidring.com

I'm BB's daughter.
Laurelindórenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:45 AM   #87
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Balrog_of_Morgoth
Moreover, there is not enough explanation of the "hiding" quality of the cloak. Everyone I've ever watched the movie with that is not familiar with the books finds it to be a little unbelievable.
I've read the books and I still have problems with that part. The cloaks helped hide the fellowship, but I doubt they'd work that well at such a short distance.
Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
I hate it when Frodo is in Osgiliath and the Nazgul are coming, and he says in this really weird voice, "They're hear...they've come..." and his eyes roll back in his head. Lol, I was expecting his head to turn all the way around.
Actually, I call that his "Poltergeist" moment. Remember the little girl? "They're heeeere...."

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #88
RohirrimGuy
Sapling

Ugh, where to start.

1.Aragorn supposedly dying. They could have given Frodo and Sam more screentime (like getting a glimpse of Minas Morgul,) and getting several minutes out of Helms Deep.

2. The Wargs were all right, but did we need it? I suppose we needed some extra battle though.

3.FARAMIR AND OSGILIATH! Grr....

4. Merry and Pippin having to trick Treebeard into going to war, by making him see what Saruman was doing.

Enough raving!

"Red sun rises, blood has been spilled this night!"
-Legolas Greenleaf TTT

"If you want him, come and claim him!"
-Arwen FOTR

Jesus Freak!

Bwaha!!
RohirrimGuy is offline   Reply With Quote