Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2003, 03:15 PM   #1
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

St. Anger

Hey I was wondering if anyone has bought the new Metallica Cd St. Anger. If you have listened to it could you give me some feedback? Thanks for your time and patience.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

man, i want that CD. I hear it is reall good

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 06:39 PM   #3
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Lets put it this way, Kirk Hammett has the easiest Job in the world.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 01:51 AM   #4
Anglorfin
Alasailon

They have a new CD? Ah not that I care anymore. I lost base with Metallica a while ago. And CBG you're saying that Kirk doesn't solo like crazy in this one?

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 01:06 PM   #5
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
They have a new CD?
how did you not know??? its been one of the biggest things in the music buisness for the last month. i havent bought the cd but i downloaded a couple songs and they sound awesome
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 12:46 AM   #6
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
how did you not know??? its been one of the biggest things in the music buisness for the last month. i havent bought the cd but i downloaded a couple songs and they sound awesome
I don't listen to the radio unless it's the classical or jazz station and I stay as far away from MTV as possible.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 06-13-2003, 04:18 PM   #7
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
I don't listen to the radio unless it's the classical or jazz station and I stay as far away from MTV as possible.

i notice alot more people are avoiding mtv now but i just dont know why
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 05:43 PM   #8
Anglorfin
Alasailon

It's because they rarely ever play actual music videos now and are too industry and money oriented to pay attention anymore.

Old 06-18-2003, 04:40 PM   #9
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

He doesn't Solo period. He's the only lead guitarist that doesn't play leads. He's now basically one of these Nickelback style second pointless and redundant guitarists.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 07:55 AM   #10
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
i notice alot more people are avoiding mtv now but i just dont know why
Because it's sickening to watch Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, what's that twat that sings for NSync's name? Anyway him, and whatever pop flavour of the month there may be every hour on the hour I prefer VH1, at least they play some decent 'oldies' every now & then.

Only MTV show I ever watch (and only if I happen to be home at the time or have nothing better to do) is The Fridge, but that's also only 'cos that Neil guy at least has something that resembles a sense of humour.

But then again, I'd rather watch grass grow than sit through an entire hour of MTV
Old 06-20-2003, 03:26 AM   #11
Anglorfin
Alasailon

MTV was never what we would call "quality" television, but at the height of my interest in it I'd say at best it had its ups and downs already. Now it's nothing but a bunch of stupid shows. And if there are no new shows to air they play RERUNS of RealWorld over and over and over.
GOD FORBID THEY FILL THAT SPACE WITH ACTUAL MUSIC VIDEOS!

Anyway where were we? Oh yes, Metallica. I saw St. Anger in a record store the other day and got a chance to sample a few tracks. It's nothing spectacular. Mostly I wanted to see how they sounded with their new bassist, but like I said it's really nothing spectacular at all. Last album I enjoyed was Master of Puppets. (yeah I'm one of those Cliff people)

Last edited by Anglorfin : 06-20-2003 at 03:29 AM.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:58 AM   #12
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Ugh, I can't stand to watch MTV. It's full of garbage television shows.

Anywho, back to topic. I'm not a big fan of Metallica, but has anyone listened to a CD by a group called Apocalypse. They play Metallica songs only on the cello, all instrumental. It's pretty cool.

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 12:34 PM   #13
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvengirl
Ugh, I can't stand to watch MTV. It's full of garbage television shows.

Anywho, back to topic. I'm not a big fan of Metallica, but has anyone listened to a CD by a group called Apocalypse. They play Metallica songs only on the cello, all instrumental. It's pretty cool.
Sounds interesting. Must download. I love classical covers of songs, and covers of classical songs.

Old 06-21-2003, 07:46 AM   #14
DraztiK
Enting

If you want to download it, look for Apocalyptica, not for Apocalypse

Our Armies in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales
Our Brothers in Belgium, Holland and France will not fail.
Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Italy,
Switzerland, Austria, back to the Glory of Germany!
~Manowar - Blood of the Kings~
DraztiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 09:36 AM   #15
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by DraztiK
If you want to download it, look for Apocalyptica, not for Apocalypse
oops my mistake

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 02:47 AM   #16
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
*Downloading.....*

I really don't like MTV. I always stick to Q and Kerrang, they're well better for music videos!

St Anger is really good, not my favourite personally but a great song for Metallica, I'm obcessed with Placebo right now
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 11:56 AM   #17
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

I think St. Anger is half-half, some of the songs are good but overall the cd is lacking in several aspects. It can't be compared to any post-black album (I was dissapointed that there was no solos in St Anger). But I must say that Metallica is heading in a better direction then Load, Reload etc...
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote