Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2003, 05:25 PM   #41
straight_face
Enting

Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
You didn't really think we were serious, did you?
Explain to me what the central point of the original post was then.
'There was no need. He halted just by us and looked down at us. "Gandalf!" I said at last, but my voice was only a whisper. Did he say: "Hullo, Pippin! This is a pleasant surprise!" No, indeed! He said: "Get up, you tom-fool of a Took! Where, in the name of wonder, in all this ruin is Treebeard? I want him. Quick!"'

'What are we going to do now then?' asked Pippin, undaunted by the wizard's bristling brows.
"Knock on the door with your head, Peregrin Took,' said Gandalf. 'But if that does not shatter them, and I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will seek for the opening words.'

'Fool of a Took!' he growled. 'This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance. Now be quiet!'
straight_face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 05:53 PM   #42
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
i wasn't suggesting that anything was going on between the actors though. i just wanted other peoples thoughts on what they think was going on in that scene.
As was posted by the same person who made the original post.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 07:15 PM   #43
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

As for anything going on between the actors - one of them might have the occasional impossible dream, but so what? I've been his fan for a long time and I am sure he is truly taken by the immense energy of these young men. Why not let the old queen dream? He's given more to the art than most of us ever will in our entire lifetimes.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:04 AM   #44
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Gandalf's goal is to keep his staff. He sweet-talks Hama outside the door, so he gets to keep it. However, once he is INSIDE, he wants to CONCEAL his staff, esp. from Grima, who was smart enough to specifically tell Hama to take it from Gandalf. Therefore, he leans on Legolas' arm to make it look like, to Hama, that he had to give up his staff before coming in and he doesn't have it anymore. It's only when Gandalf is in the room a bit and starts to stand up straighter that Grima realizes Gandalf still has his staff, and Grima says "Rats! I TOLD you to forbid his staff!" (or something like that).

And that's MHO

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 04-12-2003 at 02:08 AM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote