Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-28-2002, 01:37 AM   #21
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
I will never side with terrorists that do this type of thing. Blowing up military installations is one thing - taking the lives of innocent men, women and children is another. I have no pity for suicide bombers, the IRA, the Checyna rebels, the muslim extremists or any other group that purposely take the lives of innocent people.
ditto

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 07:33 AM   #22
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
originally posted by jerseydevil
Although 100+ hostages have died and 150 are in critical condition in the hospital at this point - I probably would have instituted a similar operation. I had told a friend that they should "gas" the place in order to make the terrorist disoriented or knocked out. I don't know what kind of gas they used - whether something less strong, but just as affective might have been available. Maybe the operation could have been carried out better - but hindsight is 20/20.
The gas already killed 116 people, and just two people died from the Checnian terrorists shootings. 150 are in a critical condition, and many others are in the hospitals in an easier condition. The goverment don't let anyone get into the hospital.

I think that if they were getting into the theatre and control it - the building would've blow up. So I don't blame them.

the Checyna rebels didn't kill children or tourists - just russian people. I'm not saying i'm incourage them - just that they were more humanitarian then the Palestinians. I really don't care if Palestinians (or all the other muslims against Israel/US) will blow up, as long they won't kill any innocent people.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 08:54 AM   #23
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown

the Checyna rebels didn't kill children or tourists - just russian people. I'm not saying i'm incourage them - just that they were more humanitarian then the Palestinians. I really don't care if Palestinians (or all the other muslims against Israel/US) will blow up, as long they won't kill any innocent people.
Well according to one hostage - they did attempt to shoot a child. They just happened to miss.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:52 AM   #24
Sween
im quite stupid

they still aint told the doctors what the hell was in that gas.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:22 AM   #25
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
I really don't care if Palestinians (or all the other muslims against Israel/US) will blow up, as long they won't kill any innocent people.
Too late! They already have. (More innocent Afghan civilians killed by collateral damage than died in 9/11).

Or perhaps you mean that it is not possible to be both Muslim and innocent?
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 12:08 PM   #26
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Dunadan
Too late! They already have. (More innocent Afghan civilians killed by collateral damage than died in 9/11).

Its the way of the world i am affraid the ball of suffering only ever gets bigger
Old 10-28-2002, 01:59 PM   #27
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Dunadan

There weren't 3000+ Afagani civilians killed in the US bombings against Al Qaeda and the Taliban. Granted there were casualities - but we did not purposesly target civilians. If the Taliban hadn't been harboring and protecting Osama Bin Laden - there wouldn't have been civilians accidently bombed.

And I think that Radagast is saying that he doesn't care if Muslims that ARE fighting against the US and Israel get killed.
Quote:
I really don't care if Palestinians (or all the other muslims against Israel/US) will blow up
And really - if they're going to be targeting us - I have no sympathy for them either.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-28-2002 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:28 PM   #28
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
originally posted by jerseydevilAnd I think that Radagast is saying that he doesn't care if Muslims that ARE fighting against the US and Israel get killed.

And really - if they're going to be targeting us - I have no sympathy for them either.
That's what I meant.

Quote:
originally posted by Dunadan
Jerseydevil is right.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 04:47 PM   #29
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Maybe not

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/1740538.stm

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 05:10 PM   #30
jerseydevil

Re: Maybe not

That guy is constantly being quoted, but isn't necessarily reliable. First of all the guy was in his ivory tower in New Hampshire, no where near Afganistan. He extrapolated his findings from reports of civilian deaths taken from newspaper articles. There is NO known reliable number.

ALSO we DID NOT target civilians, unlike the terrorists that were kept safe in that country. I am sorry for the civilian deaths in Afganistan. But I'll be damned if I'm going to care more about them than the 3,000 innocent lives that were wiped out on 9/11 just 40 miles from where I live. The Taliban should have turned over Osama Bin Laden - pure and simple. If you want someone to blame for the civilian deaths - blame them.

I had seen the pictures of the civilian deaths, heard the news reports of bombs landing on a wedding party. Should we have packed up and gone home? Hell NO!!!! Osama Bin Laden and the Talibin brought this onto them. Now we are there rebuilding their country - or at least attempting to.

More Afghan Civilian Deaths In U.S. War Than Sept. 11 Here he claims as many as 5,000 may have been killed. He has no idea. He's throwing numbers out that he collected from news articles. We know that several of the reports coming out of Afganistan were proved false by the Red Cross AFTER they had appeared in newspapers and newscasts. Since his report was written PRIOR to January 2002 - how to we know that his numbers aren't completely inflated with erroneous information?

I like how he says here how the distruction of the Twin Towers was just an attack against a symbol.

Quote:
But Herold feels, as he said in his report, that, "Killing civilians, even if unintentional, is criminal."

"It is simply unacceptable for civilians to be slaughtered as a side-effect of an intentional strike against a specified target," he said.

"There is no difference between the attacks on the [World Trade Center], whose primary goal was the destruction of a symbol, and the U.S.-U.K. revenge coalition bombing of military targets located in populated urban areas," said Herold.
I happen to disagree with the accidental deaths of civilians is criminal. How many civilian casualties occurred in the occupation of Berlin? How many civilian casualties does the Suicide Bombers cause in Israel (again I don't see many people demonstrating against them). Obviously he picks and chooses who are the innocents. That is obvious by his declaration that the attack on the Twin Towers was just "the destruction of a symbol". Maybe he'd like to come here and tell that to the many victim's families that live around me.

I WAS NOT cheering in the streets when innocent people were killed, I wasn't even cheering in the streets when an Al Qaeda leader was killed. This is in start contrast to the celebrations that took place around the Middle East - celebrating the murder of 3,000 innocent people in the US.

The people on this board from England will be singing a different tune when they receive a massive attack. It's only a matter of time I'm sure too. France is lucky - the Eiffel Tower plot was foiled. I doubt they'd be as pacifistic if they had lost the Eiffel Tower. Believe me - I am not wishing for it to happen. It would be great if all terrorist attacks could be prevented, but that is unrealistic.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 10-28-2002 at 05:42 PM.