Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2004, 09:04 PM   #11
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
Oh yeah - right. But what YOU are saying isn't the same thing. Yeah it IS your responsibility for YOUR subordinates. But you aren't talking about the DIRECT command - you are referring to Rumsfeld. Which basically means that you feel that if YOUR people **** up - that you should get fired and then the CEO should also be fired.

The thing is - the person in charge of the group of soldiers is ALSO currently in trouble - even though they may not have had a direct role. If you are going to use a comparison - at least make it correspond to your opinion - which is that you think that RUMSFELD should pay - which as I said is similarl to a mistake of your subordinates costing the CEO his job. I'd like to see if you think that should happen in your business or if you think it would.
busy week at work so i've missed all the good stuff

it's a matter of the degree of the mistake... if it was a screw up that cost us a few grand, no one would get fired... if it was one that cost us a whole host of our major customers, the CEO might have to take the bullet... it's as much about perception as it is about doing something that truely remedies the situation

rumsfeld stepping down, or even a major army official, would tell the world more than any words that this is extremely important to us

it is my impression, and tell me if i'm wrong, that it makes absolutely no difference to you what the world thinks about us... i, on the other hand, think it makes all the difference... there will be terrorists no matter what we do, they have existed for as long as mankind has... but i believe we can change the numbers of them from 100,000 to 10,000 or less if we treat those around the world as we treat those in our own country

what would your reaction be if this same thing had happened in a prison in the US with US citizens?