Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2004, 02:07 PM   #11
Mesada
Sapling

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
I'd like to say, I condemn the torturing of prisoners, by the US or the UK, or any other country, whether it's in Iraq or Bosnia or anywhere else.

I'd like to add that the war in Iraq should have been headed by the UN!!! Not the US!!! (Personally, I was totally against this war. If the world did not act together, as one body, then it shouldn't happen. period!)

That the UN is now finally becoming active in this mess, is a good thing. But it's a little late, IMO.
The UN is as corrupt as any single government, the fact that they are investigating themselves gives one pause. The US doesn't need permission to do anything from anybody. NOT because the US is powerful but because the US is a free nation.

The UN is a passive body. Kinda like the mother who always says "You wait till your father gets home" but never says a word. They didn't take action and I doubt they will be doing too much pro-active stuff now.

Did anyone see the reports on the shooting on Saturday at Yanbu (spelling?). 2 Americans, 2 Britons and 1 Australian were killed. One confirmed person was being dragged through the streets by a car.