Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-05-2004, 11:43 AM   #1
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

This may be a load of rubbish but...

i was reading the paper this morning and on it is rumoured that Jackson and the cast made a alternative ending of the RoTK for the extended DVD. What do you think it could be?

Its not just another added scene, it is 'apparently' a major story change.

Though but as you usually get from free-on-the-bus 'Metro' papers, they talk nonsence lol.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 11:58 AM   #2
mallondwen
Elven Warrior

an alternate ending huh?

well i haven't heard anything about it and i don't think that pj would do anything too different from the books, at the risk of getting mobbed. but i will keep my eyes open.
Grey ship, grey ship, do you hear them calling,
The voices of my people that have gone before me?
I will leave, I will leave the woods that bore me;
For our days are ending and our years failing.
I will pass the wide waters lonely sailing.
Long are the waves on the Last Shore falling,
Sweet are the voices in the lost Isle calling,
In Eresëa, in Elvenhome that no man can discover,
Where the leaves fall not: land of my people forever!”
mallondwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Perhaps an ending where Frodo gets killed by Gollum, Gollum claims the Ring and becomes the Dark Lord and forces all the free people to eat nice fissh for the rest of their lives?
Old 01-05-2004, 12:06 PM   #4
mallondwen
Elven Warrior

lol, an iteresting and quite amusing thought but i don't think so
Old 01-05-2004, 12:14 PM   #5
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

personally, if it does happen i think that it will be something simple... that the ring is still destroyed but somehow Sauron spirits endures.

But what would be really cool, if that Morgoth got let out of that void, and the evil of old began to rebuild his power... lol
Old 01-05-2004, 12:19 PM   #6
Draken
Elf Lord

Setting up...

Lord of the Rings: With a Vengeance
or
Lord of the Rings: Episode 4th Age
or
Lord of the Rings and the Temple of Doom

etc etc...

....or am I?
Draken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:21 PM   #7
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

it would never happen. PJ and the cast have more sence to ruin whats made. If they have made an alternative ending its probably just for fun.

Maybe its a comic ending, you know, them taking the piss out themsleves or something? lol
Old 01-05-2004, 12:31 PM   #8
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Let's see... they decide not to include the Saruman death scene in the theatrical, then this rumor appears about a different ending... maybe the hobbits return to the shire only to find Saruman and Wormtongue have enslaved the other hobbits and the Masters Took, Brandybuck, Baggins, and Gamgee rally their fellow hobbits to rebellion. hmmm? "There is always hope."
Old 01-05-2004, 12:39 PM   #9
mallondwen
Elven Warrior

ok,

there will be a change but it will be closer to the books instead of farther. and more like an extended scene than an alternate ending, unless there is something that I haven't heard yet.

at the black gates when they ride up to the gates, Aragorn says his line and then it opens they ride back, horses disappear and Sauron speaks to Aragorn, and Aragorn looks back and says "For Frodo" and they start to fight. that’s going to be longer,

they are going to ride up to the gate I guess and say the same thing then it will open and the mouth of Sauron is going to come out and present the mithril shirt, a sword, and Frodo's cape. so the group is going to suspect that they must have the ring b/c they obviously has Frodo. just like in the books then they will despair and go back to their group and fight, "For Frodo"

so not as big as Gollum becoming the Dark Lord and making every one eat nice fissh, or as funny, but it will be good.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:42 PM   #10
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

ahh but when the paper says alternative ending i think we should assume that something would have been totally changed, not just 'added to' as like you have just suggested with the black gate battle scene.
Old 01-05-2004, 02:43 PM   #11
dawningoftime
Enting

where did you read this?
dawningoftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 02:44 PM   #12
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

in today edition of the scottish metro
Old 01-05-2004, 03:54 PM   #13
azalea
Long lost mooter

Maybe this is referring to the rumors that they filmed three somewhat different ways that the ring was destroyed?
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:55 PM   #14
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Maybe it means "The Scouring of the Shire"
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #15
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

the scouring is a given i'd say, its has to be something mroe dramatic for this tatty tabloid wouldn't have brought it up. lol.

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:19 PM   #16
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Also, I think it is ludicrous for anyone to think that PJ & Co. would kill off Frodo. The changes they made were never drastic, especially in that sense...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 08:22 PM   #17
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

The whole concept seems a bit odd as well. I can understand 'fleshing out' a movie with an extended edition - but it hardly seems reasonable to essentially make a whole different movie out of it.
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 08:48 PM   #18
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Twista
it would never happen. PJ and the cast have more sence to ruin whats made. If they have made an alternative ending its probably just for fun.

Maybe its a comic ending, you know, them taking the piss out themsleves or something? lol
I wish!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
Maybe it means "The Scouring of the Shire" [/b]
I completely wish!

Maybe Jackson was just teasing when he said he didn't like that part of the book (or something) and didn't film it at all.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:37 PM   #19
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I've heard rumours that Galadriel may do a voice-over at the end, so that would be my guess to the 'alternative ending'. Maybe she tells us what happens to the rest of the fellowship. *crosses fingers*
Old 01-06-2004, 04:17 PM   #20
Thorin II
Elven Warrior

I read the same thing about The Mouth of Sauron. As far as I know, that's the only major change to the end of the EE.
Thorin II is offline   Reply With Quote