Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2003, 01:53 PM   #1
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Certain X-Men vs. Jedis

During the course of three and a half hours last night, Anglorfin and I argued about who would win in a fight: Professor X or a Jedi. He thinks that a Jedi would not stand a chance against Charles Xavier, but I maintain that he is nothing compared to a Jedi.

Eventually, we had to ignore a few 'limitations' that were there on either side, including X's being a nice guy, and the Jedi's cherishing balance in the Force. We also debated what power they had behind them; Professor X is powerful enough to find and track every human and/or mutant on Earth, but Jedi's are weilders of the Force which binds all things together in the entire universe.

Eventually we also figurted that the fight could not ever take place as they are two different fictions, with two different sets of 'laws' applying to the use of their abilities.

During this argument, we made no progress toward a solution, but I more or less concluded Anglorfin is wrong in one sense at least: He certainly can't kick him to death.

So, I'll have to ask the mooters. Who do you think would win in a fight: Professor X or a Jedi?
Please explain your decision and give the best argument you can, based on the SW movies and the X-Men comic books.