Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-14-2003, 04:47 AM   #1
Valaróma
Banned

Depression

I know its a rather, well depressing and personal subject, but how low have you been in you're life?
Suicidal, just stressed are a nice ecstastic person

Please discuss! I'm really interested.
Valaróma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 02:12 AM   #2
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

Suicidal. Yep still am, still try every now and then. Got a couple suricidal friends too! One of 'em tried to hang himself with barb wire. But uh why are u so intrested? You shouldn't be even i know that sucide is not a good thing, but i have issues i need to handle but can't need therapy but wont' talk to parents...blah..blah...blah. DON'T GO SUICIDAL! We need sane ppl in this world.......*looks around, hey a knife! Sweeeeeeet*
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 04:56 AM   #3
Valaróma
Banned

I'm just interested.

Because I've been suicidal and I've been in a coma for 4 months because of it, I tried everything, I was always cutting myself. I'm just interested in how many other people there are.

I had councellors, but I hated them, I just carried on being depressed and cutting myself.
Valaróma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:38 AM   #4
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

You're reaching out to anyone who may help is a good sign. I only ask you take any advice and think it through long and hard as most of us here are not professional therapists.

You have a unique outlook, examine it, try to change those things that cause it and move forward.

I do wish you stamina and courage to change.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:55 PM   #5
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Well said, Spock.

I think it can be safely said that most people experience depression/suicide at one time or another. Life is like that. Sometimes you just can't see the point in living, you know? But then you will come out of the moment, and you will be happy again.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 02:36 PM   #6
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Actually, one of my earliest memories was having my neck in a brace and not being able to look up over the counter at a snack bar. This was because I had hung myself.
But seriously, that was purely accidental. I somehow got my head wedged between two 'security' bars on the top bunk of our bunk beds and then I somehow fell off. =-CRACK!!-=

A few years ago, I honestly forget the reason (shows how much it would've been worth eh?), but I thought I might be better off dead. It's a good thing I've always been lazy or else I may have gotten off my ass and tried to do something about it.

Ultimately, I've learned Life's Lesson:
**** HAPPENS!

I have quite a different attitude than many modern teens who say "It's all in vain man. Life. It's all pointless." I believe that it may be pointleess, but I'm in no position to judge that. Either way, if it is, so what? That isn't going to determine how I live my life. I think some things are definately more important than others, but ultimately, life should be spent having fun.
Old 08-17-2003, 09:50 PM   #7
katya
Elven Maiden

Thats right, Bombadillo. It doesn't really matter how pointless it is. I guess that could jsut make it more fun huh? I wanted to kill myself a while back, but I would never really go through with it...I don't think. I really dissapprove of suicide. But, I would sooner kill myself than say, get killed my my neighbor's pet dog. (oh wait they put that beast down idn't they? good thing) I suppose all that doesn't really have to do with depression so much as deciding whether there is any honor in suicide. I guess I can see how there is. To give your life for someone else, anyway...Whatever, I'm rambling.
Anyway, I was pretty depressed for a long time. I talked about going on anti-depressants, but then things really turned around, and now I am happier than I ever have been. I seem to have found a new meaning of life...a reason to live. Nothing I can explain in word of course. That's how it goes. Ok well enough of my story. by the way, I would never go for doctor assisted suicide. I dislike doctors. If anyone is going to kill me by my own judgement it's going to be me. As I said though, I still dissapprove of suicide
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 10:10 PM   #8
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

I get depressed sometimes. Once, when I really messed up, I wished I could just drop dead. But I would never commit suicide. As Bombadillo said: **** HAPPENS! You just have ot deal with whatever life throws your way. Me, I cope by coming to the 'Moot, and disappearing into the RPG forum. Believe me, it helps to forget who you are for a while, and just go with the flow.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:42 AM   #9
kiwi
Elven Warrior

I have never been suicidal...........I came close to bein suicidal....but I stopped myself...just............but at one stage in my life(infact it is still kind of happening...not as much but is still slightly happening) I stopped eating altogether and IF I did try and eat something I just made myself throw it back up, needless to say my friends were not very happy with what I was doing.......and they couldn't understand what I was going through at the time and why I was doing this as a method to try and take my mind off what had started to depress in the first place. I'll give you a clue as to what it is that depresses me.......I had to go to the doctor about it........and it happens every month Bet you stil don't know what it is
Old 08-18-2003, 02:05 PM   #10
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally posted by Estel13
[BMe, I cope by coming to the 'Moot, and disappearing into the RPG forum. Believe me, it helps to forget who you are for a while, and just go with the flow. [/B]
That's pretty much me. I usually play video games or something. It really helps. MY mom has this issue where she seems incapable of "going with the flow." Sad.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 02:07 AM   #11
elvishfaerie3088
Elven Warrior

Question.....

I have a question for you, Why do u cut yourself? I had a friend who used to cut herself and most ppl thought she was looking for attention which some not saying you are looking for attention by doing it. But i found that my friends problem was that she cut herself because of problems, problems she couldn't solve, she cut. Another friend of mine cut herself because she felt a lot of emotional pain and felt battered and it somehow helped her to cut herself, she cut away a lot and once hit a vien and ended up in the hospital and there they discovered a lot of cut marks. Thankfully both of my friends are now seeing the better part of life and are happier and have stopped. You and me too i'm not going to be ignorant about it i know i have a problem, need to find our happiness and stop thinking these thoughts as much as we do well i do and to stop any attempts if any on ur part.
Jack: "Monkey!"
"It's captain Jack Sparrow, captain..."
"If you were waiting for the opportune moment that was it."
Red coat, "Impersonating a judge."
Jack: (Oh, ya that was fun look on his face)
"Do us a favour...i know it's hard...but stay here and try not to do...anything...stupid."
"Yes...but why is the rum gone?!"
"WELL IT BLOODY IS NOW!"

*~~Elvish Faerie~~*
elvishfaerie3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 02:21 AM   #12
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

It's difficult to know why people cut themselves. I admit that sometimes when life seems truly awful, I cut myself. I don't do it for attention, because I cover it up, and nobody knows about it (except for you guys now!) I think I do it because I hate myself so much at those moments that I believe I deserve to be cut and bleed. This post probably sounds very depressing, but I don't do it very often, and when I do it it's never a very deep cut. Most of the time I'm reasonably happy, it's just sometimes I feel very bad.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:31 AM   #13
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Yeah, I used to cut myself a long time ago. That was back when I was in a period where I felt like I had no control, and in some perverse way, I felt like I had control when I cut myself. I mainly used to scratch myself though - repetititively in one area. A pity, because I still have all these unsightly scars now. Actually, I think of some of the things I've done to my body, and I feel physically ill.

Edit: ((((((Cass)))))) *hugs*

Last edited by Sheeana : 08-20-2003 at 02:33 AM.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:10 AM   #14
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
It's difficult to know why people cut themselves. I admit that sometimes when life seems truly awful, I cut myself. I don't do it for attention, because I cover it up, and nobody knows about it (except for you guys now!) I think I do it because I hate myself so much at those moments that I believe I deserve to be cut and bleed. This post probably sounds very depressing, but I don't do it very often, and when I do it it's never a very deep cut. Most of the time I'm reasonably happy, it's just sometimes I feel very bad.
I don't do it for attention either, because I cover it up too by wearing sweatbands, bracelets and wrist supports. The thing is, I know if I have a problem, then I deal with it like this. But I have a lot of anger for the world in general and people that are in it, (I won't explain) and then myself for being angry at them, for am I any better, and so on. And so I often believe the same as you, Cassiopia, that I deserve it.

I once tried to overdose on my prescription painkillers, but have since realised that is not an answer for where will it get me? I think I am a lot better than I was even if I'm not entirely happy.

It's very difficult to explain depression, and so generally speaking I think the only people who understand it are the people who know it. I'm going to stop talking now, given I have lost the thread of thought. *hides*

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 07:03 AM   #15
Millane
The Dude

hmmm i have honestly never felt the need to kill myself and a few of my friends cut themselves but not out of depression, i would used to have thought that pretty ****ed up but its not to bad i guess... i guess im just a lucky person and i dont really get depressed... i hate how people judge people who commit suicide, an Arch-Bishop at my school talked to the whole school about an ex student who had killed himself... he didnt know **** about the bloke and just got up and said he had taken the easy way out and had done a selfish deed without thinking about his family, the guy was a schitzophrenic and was in an asylum and it was really depressing for his family so he killed himself to ease his families pain, my friend was good friends with the guy and went absolutely insane at the Arch-Bishop but in reply basically got told he was an ignorant little bastard, now that bloke deserves a good beating maybe if some people listened a lot more of these things could be prevented. Society is too blame in a lot of these cases for not caring until it is too late. its really a sad situation to be in listen to your favorite music or go to a movie that always cheers me up... dont always rely on getting pissed coz its not reliable and you feel even worse sometimes...
I always like to think of going down in a blaze of glory like dying defending the run against Woundwart or something but thats just dreamy little me.....................................
Old 08-20-2003, 08:14 AM   #16
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

This is getting to sound as though no one likes themselves.
It is important to realize that even if you don't see it initially, you are important and you can turn things around.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:58 PM   #17
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Some people used to think that I attempted suidide by slitting my wrist. I had a scar there for a couple years; it's somehow gone now. But it was just a scratch from a stupid duck. But some people wouldn't believe that and they'd of course not go near me again. Oh well.

About cutting oneself: My friend's friend cuts himself for every sin. He believes he should be punished somehow for being the bad person he is, and that's the only way. But I know he's wrong. In any case, the Mind is always stronger than the Body. If he really knew what punishment was, he'd try to live with his sins in his mind. THe vast majority of his scars, he forgets what they're there for, and of course they don't hurt anymore.
Also, this has been what he does for a few years, and not only does he refuse to change, he refuses to listen. I hate that!!! Where's the logic!? People try to explain to him what I have just explained here, but he won't listen. And he won't sit down and think, either. Just think for himself about why he should change, how he'd be better off, how he could do it. He just will not let himself use his mind for any reason. That's what really gets to me, because he's not even depressed anymore, he just lacks so much simple logic.
Old 08-20-2003, 01:21 PM   #18
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Spock
This is getting to sound as though no one likes themselves.
It is important to realize that even if you don't see it initially, you are important and you can turn things around.

Alot of people who are depressed have low self-esteem, little self-worth, an a poor self-image of themselves.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 04:49 PM   #19
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok
Alot of people who are depressed have low self-esteem, little self-worth, an a poor self-image of themselves.
that sounds like youve pulled it out of a dictionary.
i tried to kill myself by running a car in a closed garage.. i figured that it would be nice to just fall asleep.. everything had been such a struggle until then.. i just wanted to sleep.

i don't really have thought like that anymore... sometimes though.. the litle voice comes back while im cutting up tomatoes or something.. and i'll sit and stare at the knife in my hand.. just thinking.

its odd though.. i never cut myself. i would throw myself onto the pavement, or into walls, as hard as i could... multiple times.

im all right now of course.. i can control myself much better now.

cassiopia & EXK
remeber that we love yoos..

Last edited by LuthienTinuviel : 08-20-2003 at 04:52 PM.
LuthienTinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 08:40 PM   #20
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I didn't realise how many people cut themselves. I thought it was a very strange thing to do (not that I condone it). Sometimes I think about killing myself, but I will never do it. There's too much I want to see and learn.

*Hugs to everybody*