Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-14-2003, 01:53 AM   #1
Kalile
The Potato sack... er elf

Location: Sailing between the stars is a white ship with silken sails...
The Prophecy

I'm going to steal a plot from a book and change it a little.
A group of elves was brought to believe that they were the true masters in middle earth, and that all others should be ruled by them. More and more of the elves joined this group, until they were able to take the world without much effort.
That was thousands of years ago, even longer than the oldest elf can remember. Since then, the strong elves have ruled the weaker elves and their human and dwarfen and hobbit slaves. Personal duels between the powerful Houses are settled by human or dwarfen gladiators, with never a drop of elvish blood spilled. The powerful houses are made so through trade, or, more often, how magically powerful they are. Those elves without much magic are overseers, constantly working for their Lords. The Elf Lords rule everything, killing slaves with no more thought than they would breathe, and carefully monitering the number of half elf babies born, for they are often the most powerful mages, and may threaten the rule of Elves.

Outside of Elven influence live the Dragons. The dragons aren't happy with the state of things, but they can't do anything except cause political mishcheif while in human, dwarven, halfling or elfin form.

In recent years there has risen a prophecy that tells of the possible downfall of the elves.
There will come a force of great power, a force for the elves to fear. They will fight an epic war, the likes of which this world has never seen. They will be led by a half-dragon girl, bearing the sword of sages, and her forces will each have a part of the Globe of Power, won hard from many dangers.

I will be the half dragon, 'cause I'm bossy like that.
Name: Alaransiya (Alara)
Race: Half dragon, half elf
Hair: Shoulder length, Auburn, and wavy
Eyes: Bright emerald green
General Appearance: Alara is tall and of generous figure, despite the slim waist and small feet of a half elf. She wears only a simple tunic of dragon skin, shed in pieces by the dragons, almost to her knees.
Weapons:There weren't many functioning weapons to be had at a dragon's lair, in spite of the many glittering treasures. Alara spent many laborious weeks crafting a sword out of obsidian, and attatching it to one of the jeweled hilts in her mother's lair, and a bow from the stunted trees around the cliffs. Her arrows are tipped with diamond.

Alara felt the wind in her hair, rushing away all fears, doubts, even many thoughts. Dragon riding was such a pleasure, even when hunting. Spying a shape moving through the desert, Alara instructed her mother to fly down lower, but not low enough to spook it. She readied an arrow, drew.... and gasped.
"Mother, it's a person!" She knew of humans and elves from the small town that chose to eke out an existance in the desert, hoping that the elves never found them.
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

Last edited by Kalile : 08-15-2003 at 12:10 AM.
Kalile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 10:25 PM   #2
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

I wanna be evil! I really shouldn't be anything, but you are the all powerful Kalile and I am drawn to your forum, so I am the evil elf queen!
name- Niliana
race- evil elf queen
gender- duh
hair- Golden blonde (yes, blonde, don't want my charactar to be like every other dark elf. no offy, *hugs legoles*
eyes- piercing dark brown
appearence- dark blue dress, small tiara on head with dark blue stone set in the middle.
other- I am evil I tell you! EVIL!

Niliana stood on the balcony watching her slaves work the ground by her tower. A halfling servant brought a small silver tray with a glass of wie on it. "M'lady," it said offerig her the glass. "Did I tell you that you could speak, weakling?" She asked turning to him. He quickly shook his head. "No, I didn't." She said taking the glass. The halfling run out of the room. She sat in her chair and watched the sun climb into the sky.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 12:14 AM   #3
Kalile

Yay!

Well, these elves aren't exactly dark elves... they're misguided.
No, really, though, they've just been brought up as the masters and many view humans as primitive animals that they need not be kind to. They also like ruling, though.

We still need a few evil people like you!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 02:05 PM   #4
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ok, but my misguided life has brught me to be evil!!! Evil! ok, sorry, but evil can be fun!

Old 08-15-2003, 02:27 PM   #5
Gulio, Strength of Many
Lover of all things orange and cheesy

I shall join too. Btw Kalile what book is the plot based on?

Name: Rhoran
Race: Human
Appearance: Rhoran is very tall, with sea-grey eyes and reddish-brown hair. He almost always wears a dark green cloak. His ring has a hawk on it, which is his symbol.
Other Stuff: Rhoran is the leader of a resistance against the ruling elves. So far he hasn't been able to do much more then cause minor irritation, but he has something big in the works...

Rhoran gazed out over the desert. The pitiful existance of the people here were nothing compared to those taken by the elves. He turned to his friend, "The governor of Varfleet had a bit of a surprise."

"What did you do this time?" his friend asked.

"I sent him a bottle of perfume for his wife," Rhoran replied. "But alas, I accidentally out it in too fragile of a bottle, so when the governor picked it up, he broke it." he smiled, "And to make matters worse, I, quite accidentally of course, got the perfume mixed up with Skunk Oil." Rhoran burst out laughing, "I wonder how long it will be before he can get the smell out!"

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Gulio, Strength of Many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 08:06 PM   #6
Kalile

A very good book called Elvenbane, by Andre Norton and Mercades Lackey. (You can tell it's good because the authors are good seperately: together they're pretty damn good!)
Old 08-15-2003, 10:47 PM   #7
Aewionen
Elf Lord

I'll join! Can I be two people?

Name: Melia
Race: Men
Appearance: Melia has black hair that goes to her elbows. Her eyes are a dark hazel color andshe has a dark golden tan. She wears a silvery dress with saphirre designs along the border and a star in the middle. This is usually covered by a cloak the same color as her eyes with which she can blend in with her surroundings.
Weapons: Sword and small axe.
Compainions: Her horse, Saleen, and a husky pup, Aeldar.
Other: Is part of the resistance thingy....yeah.

Name: Rhiddyn
Race:Men
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes:Hazel
Companions: His horse, Arddian, and falcon, Talarn.
Weapons: Sword and bow with 3 hidden daggers.
Other: Is again part of the resistance thing.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)

Last edited by Aewionen : 08-15-2003 at 10:54 PM.
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 11:37 PM   #8
Kalile

Alright!

Who is going to volunteer to be out in the desert for me to find?
Old 08-15-2003, 11:46 PM   #9
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

"Oh, dear, that will never come out!" Niliana said holding her nose. "But tis a good thing I didn't cme to use that purfume!" She said with a smirk. She sent her husband off to change his garments. "Probably work of those pitiful men trying to throw down my throne, with skunk oil." She laughed to herself.

Old 08-16-2003, 10:37 AM   #10
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
I'll join!!

Name: Alliwin (Alli for short)
Race: Men (Theres a first time for everything lol)
Weapons: Daggers, a blade, Terren
Description: Long, waist lenght honey blonde hair, bright ice blue eyes, she is very beautiful, slender, and tall.
Personality: Calm, very spirited, short tempered.
Animals: Her daemon Alexiel, (Cloud Leopard) And her horse Panawin.

Alliwin sat down on the edge of the rock, her eyes bloodshot, and her feet aching. She had been walking three days without rest to find this town in the middle of the dry desert, and now that she had found it, she was in need dire of some rest, no matter how small it may be.
She stood up again, her daemon at her heels, and headed off closer to the village. Her friend waited for her there, and he was probley growing incredibly impatient.
Lady Arwen56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 07:58 PM   #11
Gulio, Strength of Many

ooc: I thought I was already in the desert....

ic: Rhoran saw a bedraggled figure with a leopard headed for the city. That can only be one person, he thought. He ran out to his friend, "Alli!" he said joyfully, "I thought you'd never make it. Hello Alexiel," he patted the snow lepard on the head. "Come, you must be tired. I'll get you a bed, bath, and food!" he lead Alliwin into the city.

It was like the Manifest Destiny all over again, except, instead of taking and consuming everything in their paths for God, they did so with the same fervor and sense of entitlement for their new god... themselves.

If you want to know more about Jesus, have a prayer need, or want to talk about anything, PM me.
Old 08-16-2003, 08:05 PM   #12
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Location: In the land of Happy, where Rainbows are called SHINY COLORFUL RAYS OF DEATH!!!!
"Thank you my dear friend for your hospitality, I have traveled three days and nights looking for this place with no sleep. I am glad to have finally..." Alliwin looked into the eyes of her friend Rhoran, and blacked out, tiredness finally wiping her out.
Old 08-16-2003, 08:09 PM   #13
Gulio, Strength of Many

Rhoran smiled slightly. He carried his friend to his home and laid her in his bed. He then left for his study to prepare for a large strike on the elves that so mercilessly ruled this land.

Old 08-16-2003, 08:12 PM   #14
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

Allwin awoke the next morning, only to find Rhoran sitting in a chair, his back to her. She stood up, and walked over to him, lightly touching his shoulder.
Old 08-16-2003, 08:26 PM   #15
Aewionen
Elf Lord

Rhiddyn leaned back against a tree on a hill watching the small village awake and get ready for the day. When he heard his name called, he sighed and walked over to where the voice came from. "What is it this time Jaruul?" Rhiddyn smiled as his young friend looked at him with a distressed look on his face. Jaruul was around 8 years old and usually had something to worry about and for some reason he had always called on Rhiddyn. "Have you ever heard the story when this one girl was sad and Athena turned her into an almond tree? If I get sad, will I turn into an almond tree too?" Rhiddyn laughed as he bent down to look Jaruul in the eye, "No, Jaruul. That is just an old wives tale, a myth. It didn't really happen." Jaruul gave a sigh of relief. "Oh, good." And with that, he happily skipped off and continued to play with his friends. "Crazy kid." Rhiddyn said with another laugh as he headed off to see his friend.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight.

Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

"I feel a slight tingling feeling... I think its affecting me." -Legolas during a drinking contest (EE ROTK)
Aewionen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 10:14 PM   #16
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

Niliana sat in her quarters with her husband, who had freshly cleaned clothes. "Dear, I was thinking, a few of the men have dissappeared." She said. "I don't worry about them, but where could they go? It is nothing but desert for miles." She said, taking this thought and pondering it. She stood and looked out the window. "There are alot of them," She said with a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Old 08-17-2003, 10:58 AM   #17
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

ooc: Kalile, don't be like Adrian and only post a few times out of your entire RPG!! Say something!! lol. O___o o____o o___O
Old 08-17-2003, 03:40 PM   #18
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

ooc: Alright you bunch of nitwits, get with the program!! lol. j/k.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:19 PM   #19
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

ooc: hey I'm stuck up in an evil fortress watching some stupid slaves, what else do you want me to do? *wink*

Old 08-17-2003, 04:21 PM   #20
Lady Arwen56
Elven Warrior

ooc: I don't know! But do something!! GRR!! My damned character is stuck on pause until Gulio gets back!!!