Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-22-2003, 05:27 PM   #1
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Posers

I have recently been called a poser. I have a basic idea of what a poser is, but in your opinion what's a poser?
Old 06-22-2003, 05:37 PM   #2
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

oh, I suppose a poser is someone who has seen others look, act or live a certain lifestyle....decided they were "cool".....and copied their (the "cool" or interesting people's) visable "style". A poser doesn't actually have much to do with the actual lifestyle that has brought about the desired image in the original models. Seems like were getting posers of posers of posers anymore though! There's worse things than being a poser though! Ignore that person!, and have your fun!

Last edited by Lizra : 06-22-2003 at 05:43 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 05:54 PM   #3
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

I hear the term poser most often when a person likes a musical band for their one popular song and have no interest in the band other songs.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 05:55 PM   #4
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

I think I will take your advice! See I'm not a poser at all, the person (we shall call them "X") doesn't really know me very well and one day I was wearing spikes, baggy skateboarding pants, discmen . . . and "X" walks up to me and goes "Your such a poser!" But little do they know I actually skate Just not very well heeheehee. I must sound really retarded. Oh well.

Ragnorak(sp-> pls forgive me if this isn't spelt right!) I think that's another reason I'm called poser, but I usual don't call a band my favourite unless I hear at least 4 songs!

Last edited by ArwenEvenstar : 06-22-2003 at 05:58 PM.
ArwenEvenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 05:58 PM   #5
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Well, maybe you thought dressing like that would be fun! So what! You can do what you want! Heh heh!

Last edited by Lizra : 06-22-2003 at 09:07 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 08:24 PM   #6
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Good for you Arwen! Even if you dont skate I love seeing people dress how they want regardless of what people may think. Since when did how we dress become so important on who we are?
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 10:39 PM   #7
Ararax
Elven Warrior

well if your dressing the way you want to then your the opposite of a poser, a poser dresses the way they do and lsitens to the music because others do and they want to be cool you dressing the way you want to is what you should be doing and if you didnt dress the way you wanted to out of fear of what other people will say then you actually would be a poser, and personally i started skateing in the early 90s like early tony hawk, and none of us ever wore spikes so spikes ahve very little to do with skateboarding, and if this person thought they went together then im sad to say it THEY dont know how to skateboard
Old 06-22-2003, 10:43 PM   #8
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

yah, poser pride. I have skater clothes, and i odnt even skate, i tried to, but i was horrible

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:39 PM   #9
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

Heehee the last time I tried to skate I ollied over a mud puddle but I fell in it Can anyone here actually skate?
Old 06-23-2003, 12:42 PM   #10
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by ArwenEvenstar
Heehee the last time I tried to skate I ollied over a mud puddle but I fell in it Can anyone here actually skate?
you know wahts fun. If you have a skate board and a trampoline, you take the truckss off your skate board and take the board on to your trampoline. you can do soooo many tricks that way and its so fun. Just make sure your board isnt chipped, otherwhys the mat on the trampolin gets ripped

Lemmings

Swron

Old 06-23-2003, 12:55 PM   #11
Ruinel
Banned

A poser is someone who claims to be something (such as dress punk, but doesn't really like the music) and in reality is not.

Off topic: I never got into skateboarding (though I owned one, and occasionally made an attempt to ride it), the trampoline-skateboard thing sounds like a lot of fun, though.

But when I was a lot younger I used to do stupid things (oh, wait... I still do stupid things) and I tried some stupid trick with my bike... I flew off of it face first, hit my mouth on the concrete, busted out one of my front teeth (clean off and down to the root, so you know I was going pretty fast) and badly cracked the other. I had to get a root canal and 2 caps put on my two front teeth. Not the kind of fun I had anticipated with the bike. Did it stop me from doing other truely stupid things? nah... and I still do stupid things, just not with a bike. Sometimes, all you have to do is dare me to do it... and it's done. Wow! Sudden self-realization: I'm pretty stupid.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:07 AM   #12
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
you know wahts fun. If you have a skate board and a trampoline, you take the truckss off your skate board and take the board on to your trampoline. you can do soooo many tricks that way and its so fun. Just make sure your board isnt chipped, otherwhys the mat on the trampolin gets ripped

yea i came up with the idea also a snowboard fun as long as you duct tape the edging so you dont rip the trampoline. i used to skate for about a year and i was pretty good or at least better then my friends but then i just couldnt do any new tricks and was to lazy to try new ones.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:08 AM   #13
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I agree with everybody's definitions of posers sofar. It's funny how the word "poser" has been associated mostly with skateboarding. (just look at this thread) I think the ratio of actual skaters to the amount of skate-related merchandise being sold in retail stores is very skewed, thus creating "posers". In any case it's not the clothes that make the person, though it does anger me to see kids think they can sakte just by wearing the clothes. Then we havea problem.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:59 PM   #14
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

i used to be all hardcore into the "punk" thing.
until i decided that it wasn't worth all the heartache to be considered "cool"
no matter what bands your friends liked and no matter what got you accepted, another group will hate you for the same reason you think your cool. and being the social butterfly that i was. i couldn't keep it straight. so i gave up. it was trivial anyway. at least to me.
butchea, i've been called a poser plenty of times beofre. and while resorting to violence maybe fun and satisflying.. hmm..

wait.. just go ahead and hit them.

mmm.. blood.

*comes to*
oh hi, what was i saying?
oh, posers. yea, around here a while back poser had a couple of different meanings.
1- being the shadow of a specific labeled "cool" type person
2- tagging with a group of labeled "cool" type people
3- (person calling you a poser) didn't like you and wanted to hurt your feelings.
4- what the above posts are describing.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:39 PM   #15
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

ok thanks for all the ideas . . . I really like the thing with the skateboard and the trampoline (this is something to try)

I guess from wot u guys say then I'm not a poser; I listen to the music and love it, I dress like a skater, and I can skate a little. THe only thing is I'm smarter then most skaters

Last edited by ArwenEvenstar : 06-25-2003 at 08:41 PM.
ArwenEvenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 01:37 AM   #16
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
ok thanks for all the ideas . . . I really like the thing with the skateboard and the trampoline (this is something to try)

I guess from wot u guys say then I'm not a poser; I listen to the music and love it, I dress like a skater, and I can skate a little. THe only thing is I'm smarter then most skaters
yah, go trampoline idea. Go me for saying it also, you cant be a true akater unless your a pot head, and since you like LotR, i doubt you are

(sorry if i offended any skaters, itr just that a lot of people think all skaters are pot heads, i dont though)

Lemmings

Swron

Old 06-26-2003, 02:06 AM   #17
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i used to skate and i was never a pot head
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 02:08 AM   #18
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
i used to skate and i was never a pot head

yah right. you only sniff gas

(inside joke, it aint true)

Lemmings

Swron

Old 06-26-2003, 06:52 PM   #19
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

lol. Some of skaters at my school don't do pot. But the other 98% do. I am one of the 2 percent.

OOT: It would be hilarious to read LotR when your stoned. Heehee I should try that, n/m I don't want to screw meyself over. . .
Old 06-26-2003, 06:55 PM   #20
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
lol. Some of skaters at my school don't do pot. But the other 98% do. I am one of the 2 percent.

OOT: It would be hilarious to read LotR when your stoned. Heehee I should try that, n/m I don't want to screw meyself over. . .

sure, we believe you. the same thing is with the skaters at my school, expcept about 99.9999999999999999999999999999% of them do pot

Lemmings

Swron