Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-13-2003, 12:00 AM   #1
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Addicted to Civilization III

I started playing it last week and I can't stop. It's such an incredibly time-consuming game, of the sort where it eats up all your hours without you even knowing it. Real life just seems so dull when you're conquering ancient empires.

It brought back memories of my similar addiction to Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri a few years ago. I love these games.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 12:48 AM   #2
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I played it some too. Or maybe it was the demo...O.o I liked it a good deal (my brother didn't at all), but I didn't think it was Addiction-worthy. Nope, I'm presently addicted to Shadowbane... Have to have my Daily Dose! 3:30 to 6:00 I get to play it...Elladan, Celebrian, and I each payed equal shares in the big computer, but Elladan majorly monopolises it. :roleyes:

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 05-13-2003 at 12:49 AM.
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:58 AM   #3
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I've only ever played Civ2 and I thought that was really good. I didn't even know there was a #3 until now.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:00 AM   #4
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

I spent a month playing Civilisation III like a madman. Then suddenly I got tired of the game and I haven't played it ever since.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:59 PM   #5
gdl96
the greg the admin

I only wish I had more time to play Civ III. But I have spent a good deal anyway, and I love the game. However, maybe I feel this cuz I always play on the easiest setting , but I wish it could be a bit more open ended. Sometimes I don't want to kill off all the other civilizations because then there is nothing else to do. New civilizations should be able to form in the middle of the game and stuff, and scientific development should be more varied to add more depth and diversity to games. But still a blast without these features indeed.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 01:54 AM   #6
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Maybe it's just me, but there's just something really thrilling about Xerxes of Persia conquering the American infidels by way of cultural assimilation.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 05-18-2003, 04:09 PM   #7
Tahquamenon
Hobbit

civ III

does civ III still have the counselors ??? Your majesty our kingdom is the mightiest in the realm ... ? they rocked
Old 05-20-2003, 01:42 PM   #8
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I could never get into Civ3 the way I got into Civ2. Besides I have recovered from a long Diablo II addiction. That was terrible
Old 05-27-2003, 07:42 PM   #9
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

A day or two ago I just finished a rocking good game where I played Gandhi as a rampaging conqueror. I am using all my willpower to refrain from starting another game... arrrrrgh....

Old 05-27-2003, 09:22 PM   #10
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

Nick (IronParrot) is my brother. He is an ugly git and I suggest that everyone log right of this moment. He has the power to delete all your stuff and make fun of you. You have been warned. The Entmoot is controlled by him. you have been warned. I wish you all a very fond farewell.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:28 PM   #11
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by The Ben
I suggest that everyone log right of this moment.
-moves mouse to "log off"-

Hey, wait a second!

Anyway, good to see you two brothers get along so well.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote