Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2003, 02:52 PM   #1
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Experiment: Typical Tolkien Fan

Hey... I got an idea for an experiment to conduct regarding the typical Tolkien fan personality. Please take this test:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

There are 4 main personality types, Artisan, Rational, Guardian, and Idealist, and then there are 4 more specific types for each of the main categories.

Post your 4-initial personality type here. I'm trying to see if there is a more typical personality type that likes Tolkien. Maybe we should make the people in the actual lotr board aware of this, as soem of the best Tolkien fans go there and not here...

I will start by saying I am an INTP

Oh and when you're done, go here to read more about your personality type.

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 04-20-2003 at 03:53 PM.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:00 PM   #2
congressmn
Incharge: neighbourhood security

god, those are some 76 questions; i quit after the 26th one. seemed pointless.

and there isnt a definate YES OR KNOW always. they shud have a SOMEWHAT/MAYBE optionas well.
Old 04-20-2003, 03:03 PM   #3
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
I'm an ISFJ

89 Introverted

11 Sensing

11 Feeling

33 Judging

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:11 PM   #4
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

I'm an INFJ too.

Introverted;22
Intuitive; 56
Feeling; 17
Judging; 56

I'm not sure if thats good or not (considering, I don't even know what half the words on the survey ment, and what those other words up there ^, mean).
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:14 PM   #5
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

I am ISFJ.

Introverted- 11
Sensing- 1
Feeling- 33
Judging- 1
Old 04-20-2003, 03:42 PM   #6
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Boy, I find my results depressing. I'm an INTJ.

Introvert - 78
Intuitive -- 33
Thinking -- 22
Judging --- 1

At least I'm glad that I'm not the most introverted here
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:46 PM   #7
Sminty_Smeagol

oh, my more detailed scores (for the records)
INTP
Introverted-89
Intuitive-11
Thinking -56
Perceiving -56

Oh and when you're done, go here to read more about your personality type.

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 04-20-2003 at 03:51 PM.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:51 PM   #8
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

*shrugs* Im INFP
Introverted 33
Intuitive 33
Feeling 44
Perceiving 33
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:52 PM   #9
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Your Type is
ISTP

Introverted
Sensing
Thinking
Perceiving

Strength of the preferences %

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
_You are:
moderately expressed introvert
slightly expressed sensing personality
very expressed thinking personality
slightly expressed perceiving personality

Portrait of the Crafter (iStP)_ "Top Gun"_ or "The Virtuoso"

Copyrighted © 1996-1999 Prometheus Nemesis Book Company.

The Crafter Artisans are not only concrete in speech and utilitarian in getting things done, they are also directive and attentive in their social roles. Though directive like their Promoter counterparts, their directiveness is leavened by a good deal of attentiveness and seclusiveness. They do not approach strangers readily, but once in contact do not hesitate to tell them what to do. And they can be quite forceful in this, such that others tend to do their bidding.

Like the other Artisans, Crafters live a life is artful action, but their particular nature is most easily seen in their mastery of tools of any and all kinds, from microscopic drill to supersonic jet, from potter's wheel to grand piano. A tool is any implement that extends or varies our human powers_ -- vehicles, musical instruments, cutting devices, and weapons are just four of the many categories of the tools that surround us. Most of us use tools in some capacity, of course, but Crafters (only ten per cent of the general population) are the true virtuosos of tool work, with a natural ability to command tools, to bend them to their wishes, and to become adept at all the crafts requiring tool skills. Even from an early age Crafters are drawn to tools as to a magnet; tools fall into their hands demanding use, and they must manipulate them. Indeed, if a given tool, whether scalpel or earthmover, is operated with a precision that defies belief, that operator is likely an Crafter.

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-20-2003 at 03:54 PM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:56 PM   #10
Sminty_Smeagol

also, http://keirsey.com/fourtypebooklet.html
some famous people who share your personality type.
Oh, just visit the dang website lol http://keirsey.com/
Old 04-20-2003, 03:57 PM   #11
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Jonathan, you are a Mastermind. Last time I did this I got Mastermind as well. I don't put much stock into these tests, cos it really depends on what mood you're in when you do them.
Old 04-20-2003, 03:58 PM   #12
Jesus Freak
Enting

i am an INTP

strength of preferences%

distintively expressed intorvert

slightly expressed inituative personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality
is that good or bad?

and I took another test and it says I ame moderately risky and am most like Alfred nobel by 70% and should go into Hi tech buiseness or scince

Last edited by Jesus Freak : 04-20-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Jesus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 04:03 PM   #13
Sminty_Smeagol

well yes BOP but this is a bit of an approximate experiment... I have taken the test and I get either ISTP or INTP, so there are some variations, but I'm definately expecting there to be more I--- tolkienites, atleast

and jesus freak, the results are not "good" or "bad", it's just a calculation of your personality/temperament based on the answers you gave.
Old 04-20-2003, 04:04 PM   #14
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
Jonathan, you are a Mastermind. Last time I did this I got Mastermind as well. I don't put much stock into these tests, cos it really depends on what mood you're in when you do them.
I'm a Mastermind? Well that sounds quite nice, doesn't it?
I agree with you about the reliability of these kinds of tests. If I was in another mood, I would have answered differently on many of the questions. But it's nice being a Mastermind for today
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 04:08 PM   #15
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

Your Type is
INFP
Introverted 56
Intuitive 56
Feeling 11
Perceiving 11

Some of the questions I didn't feel really stongly one way or the other though.
Old 04-20-2003, 04:10 PM   #16
Sminty_Smeagol

yeah, and that's the hard part... the part that makes it inaccurate. There are probably a few sets of results that a person could vary between, depending on how they answered the questions they're not sure about or what mood they're in, but I mean, I doubt that the same person could answer honestly and achieve totally opposite results, so for an approximate evaluation...

I am glad for all of the replies/attention this thread has gotten (even if half the posts are mine, lol, sorry, I talk a lot sometimes)
Old 04-20-2003, 04:12 PM   #17
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

That says that I am a "The Healer". "Healers" make up one percent of the total population and I live in fairy-tale land. Well, they didn't use those exact words but pretty much

Oh yes: I am a swan in a family of ducks. That is why I had an unhappy childhood.

Last edited by Elvellyn : 04-20-2003 at 04:28 PM.
Elvellyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 04:17 PM   #18
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
So far I'm the most Introverted. Oh great

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Aralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 04:20 PM   #19
Sminty_Smeagol

No! You and I are tied! I am 89 as well lol
Old 04-20-2003, 04:34 PM   #20
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

My type is ISFJ.

Introverted
Sensing
Feeling
Judging

Strength of the preferences %

Qualitative analysis of my type formula

I ame:
moderately expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

Quote:
The primary desire of the Protector Guardian [ISFJ] is to be of service to others, but here “service” means not so much furnishing others with the necessities of life (the ESFJ Provider’s concern), as guarding others against life’s pitfalls and perils, that is, seeing to their safety and security. There is a large proportion of Protectors in the population, perhaps as much as ten percent. And a good thing, because they are steadfast in their protecting, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can insure the safekeeping of those in their family, their circle of friends, or their place of business.

Protectors find great satisfaction in assisting the downtrodden and can deal with disability and neediness in others better than any other type. They go about their task of caretaking modestly, unassumingly, and because of this their efforts are not sometimes fully appreciated. They are not as outgoing and talkative as the Providers [ESFJs], except with close friends and relatives. With these they can chat tirelessly about the ups and downs in their lives, moving (like all the Guardians) from topic to topic as they talk over their everyday concerns. However, their shyness with strangers is often misjudged as stiffness, even coldness, when in truth these Protectors are warm-hearted and sympathetic, giving happily of themselves to those in need.

Their quietness ought really to be seen as an expression, not of coldness, but of their sincerity and seriousness of purpose. Like all the Guardians, ISFJs have a highly developed puritan work ethic, which tells them that work is good, and that play must be earned-if indulged in at all. The least hedonic of all types, Protectors are willing to work long, long hours doing all the thankless jobs the other types seem content to ignore. Thoroughness and frugality are also virtues for Protectors. When they undertake a task, they will complete it if at all humanly possible; and they know the value of material resources and abhor the squandering or misuse of these resources. Protectors are quite content to work alone; indeed, they may experience some discomfort when placed in positions of authority, and may try to do everything themselves rather than insist that others do their jobs.

With their extraordinary commitment to security, and with their unusual talent for executing routines, Protectors do well in many careers that have to do with conservation: curators, private secretaries, librarians, middle-managers, police officers, and especially general medical practitioners. To be sure, the hospital is a natural haven for them; it is home to the family doctor, preserver of life and limb, and to the registered nurse, or licensed practical nurse, truly the angels of mercy. The insurance industry is also a good fit for ISFJs. To save, to put something aside against an unpredictable future, to prepare for emergencies—these are important actions to Protectors, who as insurance agents want to see their clients in good hands, sheltered and protected.

The actor Jimmy Stewart and Mother Teresa are examples of Protector Guardian style.
I'm Father Teresa!

Though I don't think they captured me very well...

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 04-20-2003 at 04:38 PM.
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote