Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2003, 09:16 AM   #1
congressmn
Incharge: neighbourhood security

Matrix reloaded

the sequel to THE MATRIX will be released around the 15th of May.

It's the best movie i have ecer seen. The watchowski bros are just amazing.
Old 04-04-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Yay! I'm so excited. The Matrix is my favourite movie, as I said in its thread.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 06:22 PM   #3
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I wouldn't call it the best movie I've ever seen, but it certainly revolutionized the sci-fi action genre. And it's just a lot of fun to watch.

Anyone seen the Animatrix shorts? I've seen the three that are online, but I haven't caught the one in front of Dreamcatcher yet.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 07:04 PM   #4
gdl96
the greg the admin

I just saw the newest Animatrix episode earlier today. I can't say I truly get it though. What exactly was the point of it? (ya, I know the Trinity they were talking about was the Trinity from the movies)
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:24 PM   #5
azalea
Long lost mooter

I just thought I'd move this to the top since it's about to come out, and people were talking about it in the Matrix thread. I wish I could go see it, but I'll probably have to wait till it comes out on dvd.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:31 PM   #6
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i liked matrix but it got lame when every other movie did those stupid fight scenes where they stop in mid air
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 11:49 PM   #7
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i juust found this
Attached Images
File Type: gif badassbuddy_com-matrix.gif (6.2 KB, 49 views)
I AM CANADIAN

Old 05-05-2003, 03:22 PM   #8
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

It sounds good-time in true sunergic fashion is pushing it hard this week.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:07 PM   #9
Ornelírë Mistë
Elven Warrior

Saw it. Long, different in a way than the first. Many scenes in the haven of Zion.
I personnally didn't like it as much as the first. Some fight scenes were too lengthy. There was one scenes where there are about a BILLION Hugo Weavings fighting Neo. It was kinda funny. I like Hugo Weaving.

"Most people never been to Hell," Jacob said.

She looked at him and he could hear the smile in her voice. "And I suppose you have?"
Ornelírë Mistë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 03:03 AM   #10
Millane
The Dude

ohhh my god it is my equal fav movie of all time now. i saw it at midnight when it came out on thursday and then again last night but the only people that can again tonight i cant get onto. i could not fault this movie at all. the fight scenes were again magnificent and i just loved it when Morpheus stopped and grabbed the katana. one of the great things of this movie was they didnt tone it down just so it would get rated M and they didnt do it pissweak for kiddies. much more actionish than the first and it had better characters (how awesome are the twins ). main points why it was better than the first was better women, better violence, twins with cut throat razors, barely any scenes withguns, sex, new Marilyn Manson song This is the new ****, ooooohh so many things to mention
Quote:
Anyone seen the Animatrix shorts? I've seen the three that are online, but I haven't caught the one in front of Dreamcatcher yet
I caught the one at the start of Dreamcatcher and it tottaly outshone that pathetic excuse for a movie. again the use of katana's was a good inclusion i saw the previews for the others on the matrix soundtrack and the black and white one looked pretty cool.
i was pleased to see a few aussies in the movie.
now a question for those who have seen it who is the best baddy my vote goes for the twins but everyone else seems to like agent smith the best. ill probly post after i see it tonight and remember more...
Old 05-18-2003, 01:04 AM   #11
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I've seen too many good movies to call it anywhere near the "best movie I've ever seen", but it's certainly an achievement that I thoroughly enjoyed, and it will demand a second viewing.

Better than the first one by far. The first one was a very good film, mind you, but severely overrated, and I think this one just underlined what I realized a while ago - that the first one was mostly set-up, and consisted of basic, simple concepts. Think about it: the first film was some basic stuff, not nearly enough material to sustain an entire trilogy. This chapter made everything much more complex, raised the stakes - and now, the kung fu combat is actually up to par! It was decent in the first movie, but not nearly on the level of a lot of the Hong Kong flicks I've seen. This one really stretches everything to the limit, and the action sequences are worth remembering.

I'm one of the people who think the Zion rave/sex scene was overdone (and not very well), but maybe mostly because the "music" annoyed me to no end. But the first half an hour of the movie definitely has an aimless, "let's get on with it" feel to it - there's little in the dramatic structure driving the plot along. But as soon as that arrives, with Neo's first meeting with the Oracle, things really pick up, and we get a better sense of what everybody's doing.

Favourite scene: Neo's conversation with the Architect. That was brilliantly written material, and a beautiful plot twist that put a whole spin on some notable scenes in the first film.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 05-18-2003, 03:55 PM   #12
gdl96
the greg the admin

IP, I definately enjoyed the movie much more the second time around. You are able to pay more attention to the smaller things which add to your overall appreciation of the movie. But isn't it like that with most movies?
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 10:19 AM   #13
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

i liked it but it was not as good as the second movie. this one had way too much talking but alotmore fighting but it was too hard to understand. i thought the first one was better.
I AM CANADIAN

Old 05-20-2003, 01:38 PM   #14
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

A good movie. Thye fight scenes WERE far too long. Unlike many I liked the ending with the architect, though one can't help but feel that the foreshadowings (and like its prequel the entire movie was essentially one very impressive foreshadowing sequence toward the finale) were just a little too obvious.

One continuity question

Didn't the Merovigion (sp?) say he defeated Neo's predecessors-and if so then obviously the machines made planning errors...

regardless I'm looking foreward to the sequel.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:36 PM   #15
FoolofaTook
Elven Warrior

Great Movie! Amazing fight scenes! And good story; gave a lot of background information.
FoolofaTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2003, 11:57 PM   #16
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Haven't seen it yet. Was the scripting as bad as the first one?
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 08:02 AM   #17
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

I'm going to see Reloaded tonight, which I'm really looking forward to. I even made myself a Matrix influenced avatar

I agree with Sheeana, the script of the first movie was a little poor. But I don't think I'll care much about the script when I watch Reloaded, I'll just sit back and let me be amazed by the revolutionizing special effects and fighting scenes.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 05:28 PM   #18
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I, for one, was far more amazed by the revolutionary ideas than I was with the fighting scenes (as fun to watch as they were)...

Far better written than the first one, to be sure. Some scenes of note, anyway.

Old 05-22-2003, 02:27 PM   #19
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

I saw it, I loved it, I want to see it again.

The story was developped further and became really complicated and quite different from the first film. And I guess many people don't like that.
I, on the other hand, loved it. I say to you all; No matter the bad reviews, the film was fantastic.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 12:50 AM   #20
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I plan on seeing this movie tomorrow. Comments forthcoming.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote