Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-30-2003, 07:08 PM   #1
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

PDAs

i've bought a Palm m515!!

first thing i've done is to syncronize it eith Entmoot. it worked very well.

has anybody here other Palms? does anybody know which are the best programas for Palm OS?
Old 03-30-2003, 10:27 PM   #2
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

I have a Palm but I haven't used it in a while...

A guy I know wrote a word-drilling program for PalmOS. It's for Scrabble training purposes.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 10:52 PM   #3
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Try Kazaalite, usually a ton of Palm software to found on there.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:12 AM   #4
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

heh. I saw the title to the thread and went: Oh, please. not a thread on Public Displays of Affection!

I guess I'm a little slow when it comes to technology.
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 03:50 AM   #5
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by crickhollow
heh. I saw the title to the thread and went: Oh, please. not a thread on Public Displays of Affection!

lol, well just to make you happy crick, PDA should definitely be held to a minimum
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:13 PM   #6
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
Those things scare me. You poke them and they do things! And they're so small. However can they work so well?
Anyways, in my life the popular people have htem, making them synonomous with "Bad."

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:24 AM   #7
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

After almost two years my Palm have become a very important tool for me. It seems incredible for me now how could I manage to organize my life without it before

the m515 is quite old now, but I'm not thinking in upgrading to something newer because it just have all I ask of a PDA and is so small that I can take it wherever I go.

For those of you that have a PDA: which model is it? Palm OS or Pocket PC? which is the most common thing you use it to?
Old 01-26-2005, 09:18 AM   #8
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickhollow

I thought the same.

Personally browsing the web on a tiny screen would annoy me, but I think they have a lot of organizational features.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #9
Embladyne
Honourary Elitist Inklette

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickhollow

Heh, that was my thought, too.
I like new technology when it comes to music recording, and photography....but eveything else I just like the basics.

My DA page
Embladyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 09:39 PM   #10
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat middle
After almost two years my Palm have become a very important tool for me. It seems incredible for me now how could I manage to organize my life without it before

the m515 is quite old now, but I'm not thinking in upgrading to something newer because it just have all I ask of a PDA and is so small that I can take it wherever I go.

For those of you that have a PDA: which model is it? Palm OS or Pocket PC? which is the most common thing you use it to?
dude what do you need a palm for? is it just social usage, or do you really need it for like important meetings and ****. I dont feel like a need a device for reminders and all, my brain is perfectly capable
Old 01-28-2005, 12:51 PM   #11
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millane
dude what do you need a palm for? is it just social usage, or do you really need it for like important meetings and ****. I dont feel like a need a device for reminders and all, my brain is perfectly capable
Mine's not And besides, for the first time in my life I can find a phone number when I need it. That, for me, is a good goal.

Also, I have lots of books inside that I can read wherever I want. And I have a relication of the files of my computer that need to update or consult very often.

It's for work purposes mainly, but "still" very useful
Old 02-17-2005, 02:32 AM   #12
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Oi! No one can live without a few Public Displays of Affection every now and then!

Oh, wait, you mean those new-fangled things? Or is it more of a "Read my lips, this is the number you need" kind of thing, FM?

I saw two people swapping PDA's once. It was totally gross.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:05 AM   #13
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Not really a PDA. More like a PDA-phone. A Sony-Ericsson P900. On the second day after I got it, I submitted a post to Entmoot with it.

Hmm....I use the phone functionality the most, obviously. Then SMS/MMS. GPRS. Camera. Obviously the large (for a phone) touch screen is a nice feature, as I like writing my messages, and not pushing tiny buttons....

But now the thing is acting up, so I'm going to try to get it replaced for free.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:39 PM   #14
Juicybearfut
Hobbit

[QUOTE=crickhollow]heh. I saw the title to the thread and went: Oh, please. not a thread on Public Displays of Affection!
QUOTE]

haha i defiently thought the same thing.....
i had a palm like 300something....i got it like 3 years ago and used it for like half a year....oh wow...im gonna go find it now!
Juicybearfut is offline   Reply With Quote