Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-15-2003, 03:24 PM   #1
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

From Your Mind's Creations

If Heaven really existed the exact-in-every-way it did in the movie "What Dreams May Come", just how would your mind paint your perfect Universe for you to live in for all eternity? Well, if you don't want to go that far, let's just say your perfect world (but yes, you can have your own universe if you really want that ) Also, how would you choose to look, when you can pick any form, human or not, that your mind can imagine? And who (real or figments of imagination - both are acceptable) would reside with you?

Here's my WDMC Heaven:

Arda, in the perfect condition it was when it was first created, but with all of the Second, Third, & Fourth Age constructions on it, only Mordor and any other menacing places would be lush and green and pretty. It would be populated with valar, maiar, hobbits, elves, men, dwarfs, and all other friendly living creatures, and everyone would be welcoming and good friends to everyone else. I would be a traveller along with good ol' FrodoFriend, and we would scale the entire earth (including ocassionally sailing across the Great Sea to Aman, which would still be a part of the round world - and Numenor, which would actually still be above the waters) with our choice of other travelling companions. Almost every single character Tolkien created would exist there happily. In fact, I'll have them all exist, save for the evil ones would never have become evil. Of course, you would never have to eat, sleep, bathe, and such because we wouldn't have the kind of physical bodies we have here, but those things can be done if we choose to do them. And last of all, I'd have long, straight, dark auburn red hair that curled inwards perfectly at the ends, have a body fit for travelling, yet every other feature would remain the same on me.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 04:17 PM   #2
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Ooh I like it! Good idea Rána.
Letsee.. Id want the world to be mostly middle earth like (from high mountains down to sandy beaches, in a time period long ago) With lovely small towns , big castles and beautiful elven cities. But, im weird, so Id want at least a small part to have a really high tech big city type place, with futuristic stuff! The races and people and animals would be all kinds of mythical peoples and animals written about in fantasy books (including elves, hobbits, etc.) Id wanna stay the same, but be a better aim at archery (I suck terribly at it ) and have my best friend with me to see the sights.
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 09:17 PM   #3
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Learning skills would be easier because you wouldn't have physical restrictions, so you could learn archery and become a master of it fairly quick.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:20 PM   #4
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Yes, good idea, but if it IS your heaven- Your place- you could change anything/everything with only the simplest thought.

Bora Bora- Nuf said.

I'd be a tall white chick. Blonde and blue eyed. I envied those little haole's *wink wink at Lizra* since childhood.

Who would reside with me? *snicker* Bad question.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:49 PM   #5
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Well, since it's based entirely on how Heaven was in WDMC - no. The simplest thought could not, can not, change it just like that.

Take Robin Williams's character for instance: his world was based entirely on his wife's paintings because those were some of the best things in his life, since his wife created them. It never changed, and I'm sure he had a lot of simple thoughts going on while he was there the whole time. The only thing that ever changed was having a storm roll in when he found out his wife had committed suicide and went to hell.

Because Middle-earth is one of the best things in my life, my Heaven would probably have the best features of that place.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 02-15-2003 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:52 PM   #6
wahine

Yes, but he could control the swan or whatever by thinking it...of course so could Cuba Gooding...
Old 02-15-2003, 09:57 PM   #7
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

He had to concentrate on it. So it takes a complex thought, not a simple thought.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 02-15-2003 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-15-2003, 10:11 PM   #8
wahine

...but it got easier...neh?
Old 02-16-2003, 10:09 PM   #9
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

*rolls on the floor for a while*

Yeah.

Anyone else up for delving into their deepest thoughts on this? Or shallow, whichever you prefer.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:26 PM   #10
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
My perfect heaven. I would live in a place kind of like Alan Lee's Rivendell, where roses (intertwined with ivy) would climb up onto the balconies and the night breeze would bring the scent of roses with it into my room mixed with the scent of distant pines and aspens growing in the hills. It would rain, a sweet scented soft warm moist rain once in awhile.
My room would have...well I dont know. Intracatley carved marble pillars, a big soft conoby bed with soft whispy curtains that stir in the breeze that comes in from the always open windows from which you can walk out onto huge balconies and look out towards the stars and mountains. Kind of coldish but the blankets would be woven tapestries.
One thing though...God would be ever present. His peace would be like music that would always fill my life with a joy unexplainable. I would wear a white dress with a gold kirtel studded with gems, and brown sandals, and a gold circlet...a princess. *sigh* Sounds heavenly
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:52 PM   #11
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I am too tired to do anything in depth or cerebral.

Athletic elf chick, chestnut colored hair.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:58 PM   #12
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I don't think I'll answer the question, as of course this particular answer would reflect upon my beliefs, and might offend non-Christians.

I'd rather try to avoid offending anyone.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 01:57 PM   #13
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Well, since it's about what it would look like, what you would look like, and who would be with you . . . I don't see how either one of those three could be offending. Unless you're thinking of adding something to it that has nothing to do with any of those.

Just say how you would picture it, what you would look like, and who (real or figment) would be with you in your world/universe. That's simple enough, eh?
Old 03-23-2003, 03:10 AM   #14
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
My WDMC heaven would be along the lines of Middle-Earth as well, particularly the Shire. I can just imagine opening the round green door of Bag End and scooping up one of Sam and Rosie's hobbitlings. Flowers and music would be extremely abundant. Ah...
Old 03-23-2003, 11:41 AM   #15
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Everyone will laugh...but I'll say it now anyways! A glass library, complete with cute little coffee shop that I would go to for hot chocolate and to smell coffee. (I hate the taste.) The library would have all those books and sounds that I love. (IE...Les Mis would be playing opposite FoTR soundtrack day in and day out.) There would be huge, soft windowseats with gigantic pillows. The glass would look out on a shire-like paradise. The carpet would be about three inches thick and soft. Bare feet would be required, not forbidden. What more could anyone possibly want?
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2003, 04:14 PM   #16
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

1. i would get to be alone when ever i wanted to.
2.yes, it would be middle earth (any doubts about that one?)
3. this space for rent.
4. gwaimir would tell us what hes thinking.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:05 PM   #17
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally posted by Rána Eressëa
Well, since it's about what it would look like, what you would look like, and who would be with you . . . I don't see how either one of those three could be offending. Unless you're thinking of adding something to it that has nothing to do with any of those.

Just say how you would picture it, what you would look like, and who (real or figment) would be with you in your world/universe. That's simple enough, eh?
Well, all right, I'll do a simple one.

1. I would be Glorfindel!!!! He's awesome!!!! Of course, in Middle-earth; I would prefer to be somewhere in the First Age timeframe, though of course since it's supposed to be heaven more peaceful. And since I'd be Glorfindel, I suppose I'd be with Elf Girl, as she proclaims her betrothal to him. Too bad I don't even know what she looks like...

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote