Pictures: RotK

Contains spoilers (obviously)

http://www.kojiroabe.com/rotk/

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:00 PM   #2
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Wow, thanks for posting! Damn, Frodo's hot . . . er, right . . . looks like the next part will be as good or better than TT!!!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:09 PM   #3
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Cool! Thanks Coney! I like the picture of Merry and Pippin at Isengard!
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:16 PM   #4
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

These have been posted in a couple threads already...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:22 PM   #5
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
These have been posted in a couple threads already...
Well, don't just sit there posting.....give us the links

I ain't seen them....more piccy's the better.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 08:27 PM   #6
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

hehe, I will find them later, but now I must go feel my empty tummy
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 01-21-2003, 01:15 PM   #7
hobinator
Enting

here is a site with some nice very high resolution pics, http://www.moviepublicity.com/nlthea...r3_photos.html
hobinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 05:16 PM   #8
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I like the pictures of Arwen and Eowyn with the light behind them, and Galadriel with all the white (now, now! I'm not ogling!) AND Gandalf the White on the battlefield! Those are cool shots, indeed. I like white and light.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:03 PM   #9
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Frodo looks like he's gonna pee his pants...which I think is a GOOD think considering it's supposed to be a REALLY scary part of the movie.
And Saruman's getting his throat cut after all...that is a BIG improvement to having him fall onto a spiked wheel...BORING!
I'm gonna figure out if I can get a smaller picture of Sam and Frodo in Mordor and put it on my avatar...I like it for some reason...maybe it's because that's Sam as I know him.
Cheers,
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 09:01 PM   #10
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by samwise of the shire
And Saruman's getting his throat cut after all...that is a BIG improvement to having him fall onto a spiked wheel...BORING!
From what I read he gets his throat slit and then is pushed over the balcony of Orthanc onto a spiked wheel....

--Linaewen
Old 01-21-2003, 11:30 PM   #11
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

I really kind of like the picture in Mordor with Sam and Frodo. They look filthy and gaunt, but very peaceful and sad. So sweet... shniff...

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 12:35 PM   #12
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

WoW! thanks so much! ***now can't wait for 17 December**
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 04:58 PM   #13
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Beezer! Lush! (Foams at the mouth)

Now I want to hibernate till next Dec.

Did anyone spot this rather odd bit of text at the bottom:
Quote:
After Frodo departs for Fire Island, err.. The Grey Havens with his true love
Gandalf, ..
Is this some other plot shenanigans courtesy of Mr Jackson?
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 08:09 PM   #14
WallRocker
Elven Warrior

Pretty good pics, but if PJ made as many changes as the pics imply, I'm going to be even more upset at the RotK the TTT.

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><<>< <>< <>< <><

I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
And to the Republic for which it stands
One nation
UNDER GOD
with liberty and justice for all
WallRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 12:00 PM   #15
Millane
The Dude

what change did you gather from the pictures???
Old 01-23-2003, 02:42 PM   #16
jimbo
Sapling

thanks

thanks coney cool pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legolas Rules and Frodo lives!
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:07 AM   #17
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
That is the best I have ever seen. I am beating my head on the table over wanting to see the Return of the King. Awesome does not even begin to describe this movie. I feel like I would sacrifice a limb to see Anduril now.

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:39 PM   #18
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

forget just anduril, i would die happy once i get to see RotK, as soon as i see the extended editon that is.. hehehe..
Old 01-25-2003, 12:18 AM   #19
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I just want to see Paths of the Dead! It better be in the movie!!!

--Linaewen
Old 01-25-2003, 01:11 AM   #20
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

I just read this about the supposed death of Saruman and the spiked wheel, "Many believe that the 'wizard kabob' is a prank that Peter Jackson played on people attempting to spy on the production. Only a few days before the RSWD scene appeared in full view of the public street, production guards aggressively chased away people who were getting to close to the filming."

That's pretty interesting and very uplifting for those of us praying for the real scenario to occur

--Linaewen