Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 06:14 AM   #1
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Faramir's hair colour

Did anyone notice that David Wenham who plays Faramir in TTT has the wrong hair colour?
In RotK - The Steward and the King, you can read that Faramir's hair is black as a raven, and in all art made by the famous Tolkien concept artists you can see his black hair.

It's strange that the movie makers missed that. All the other characters have been compared to the existing art. Look at Gandalf for example, he looks just like he does in a painting by John Howe:
http://inkpot.com/classical/images/gandalf.jpg

The movie makers even had the concept artists Alan Lee and John Howe working for them. Couldn't they say "Hey, you must do something about Wenham's hair"?

Otherwize, I think that Wenham preformed very well, even though Faramir was a little more evil in the movie than in the books.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:57 AM   #2
Millane
The Dude

ohhhh it seems pretty petty but still you think that they would pick up that mistake... didnt Alan Lee and John Howe do the concept art for the carachters?? ohh well im sure they will get over it... i didnt notice it myself but then again i was never into faramir book or movie and i dont like David Wenham
Old 01-18-2003, 02:55 PM   #3
azalea
Long lost mooter

Welcome to Entmoot, Jonathan! I'm going to close this thread and have you post about this in the Two Towers mistakes thread. Or if you prefer, we have a few threads discussing movie Faramir where this could be discussed (just do a search and you'll find one). Thanks, and enjoy yourself!
Closed Thread