FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-07-2003, 07:07 AM   #1
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Near Death Experiences

Have you had any?
Or know anyone who has?

I had one when i was little. I was learning to ride my bike without stabilisers. I rode down this gentle hill but half way down i crashed into a lampost. I didnt usually wear a helmet but my mum said to cos it was different on 2 wheels. It was lucky she said this cos the hosppital said the impact to my head would have killed me.
I have worn a helmet ever since (most of the time anyway)

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??

Last edited by Hanza : 01-07-2003 at 09:20 AM.
Hanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 07:59 AM   #2
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

I had one! Just before the millennium I got really ill. They thought I had meningitis and I really thought I was going to die! I could say anything and all I could her was my mum's voice and I really wanted to tell her how much I loved her but I couldn't. Luckily they drugged me up and I came through. Turned out I'm allergic to the flu!!!! It was scary, I really thought I was going to die, certainly put trivil things in my life in perspective. Mx
Old 01-07-2003, 01:55 PM   #3
Legolas_is_fit
Elven Warrior

I had one when I was in yr 6 i started shivering and then i started to feel really ill then i stopped eating drinking and i was basically paralized on the sofa. I was so unwell i couldnt speak and i had a really high temputure and i couldnt speak so we had to get the doctor out and he gave me lots of injections and i still wasnt well i thought i was gonna die but it turned out i had a light case of hummonia. phew and when i was sick i lost a whole stone!
Gimli:Toss me over to the gate. But just dont tell the elf.
Aragon:Ok I promise

Well it goes along those lines i cant remember the exact words
Legolas_is_fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 02:02 PM   #4
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Thats definetely not a good way to lose weight. But those both sound really scary.

Old 01-07-2003, 02:34 PM   #5
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

one time a tornado was coming toward our house and it spilt up and went around and it twisted a tree in our "front" yard. that's not really near death but if it hadn't done that it would have been. ya know how your temple is a deadly pressure point? well my brothers and sisters and me and a friend were at our creek and my sister tried to skip a rock but it went towards me and not the water, it hit me right in the temple.that's not really a near death experience either but if it had hit harder it would have been.
Old 01-07-2003, 02:59 PM   #6
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I was run over by my Geography teacher

I was walking home, I crossed the road and I noticed my geography teacher (Mrs Rayner) in the car, I contined walking over the road quite quickly when I heard someone say "Look Out!" They weren't actually talking to me and before I new it I heard a screech of brakes.

I don't remember anything after that but apparently I was knocked uncouncios, there was a big scene with everyone staring and got rushed to hospital.
I wasn't badly hurt, I very nearly broke my back though.
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 04:16 PM   #7
gimli-son-of-gloin13
Elven Warrior

Well one time my friends mom was driving in the snow and the next thing she knew she was upside down in her truck!! she had to sit there for a long time before someone came to help her!

Do you have any personality disorders, click here and see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://public.findlaw.com/states_new.html

Find your rights as a student!
gimli-son-of-gloin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 04:43 PM   #8
Elf.Freak
Orli's lil fan

i was about three when my sister was rushed into hospital because her windpipe had closed up. i was too young to understand how serious this could be, but i remember that i was really worried and wanted my sister back (hey, i was three!).
~
I've gotta new avatar! looks kinda like me...anime style!
~
LOST: Orlando Bloom. If found, please send him straight to Elf.Freak
Elf.Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:46 PM   #9
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

wow all of these experiances sound really teriable! i've never had a near death experiance but a while ago my grandpa had a stroke and i think he nearly died (but he made it through the stroke and is still alive but he can't talk and he has some trouble moving).
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 07:58 PM   #10
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

I thnk I had one in the Poconos in Pennsylvania when I was in high school. We were on the way home from spending the weekend at our cabin and we stopped at a restaurant to get some pizza. My brothers and father went to go to the bathroom and I was just talking to my mother. All of a sudden I couldn't breath (I was done eating - so I wasn't choking). I slid onto the floor and I remember flying above the mountains and thinking how peaceful it was and that I didn't want to go back. I was brought around though.

Luckily there was a nurse in the restaurant - I had all these people standing around me. They were ready to give me mouth to mouh because I had stopped breathing. Amazingly I wasn't really embarrassed - I just remember the look on my mother of such concern and I had pizza sauce all on my arm.

I pass out from pain, like hitting my shin, knee or stubbing my toe (cuts, burns and blood don't bother me at all). Doctors have said I have a low tolerance to pain - so I was used to passing out (even if most people didn't believe me at the time). This was different. I didn't pass out - something else happened.

After this episode I went under a huge battery of tests. I had always had a bunch of EEGs to see why I was passing out (even if no one believed me) - but this time I had EEGs while asleep, awake, I had EKGs and everything. They never found anything. They told me it might have been stress - because my parents had gotten into a huge argument at our cabin with my grandmother over that weekend.

If I could die - that would be the way I want to go. I'm not afraid of death - just afraid of how. That would have been a good way to die. I didn't feel anything - and I had no idea what was going. All I was doing was flying above the mountains.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2003, 05:18 PM   #11
Evenstar1400
Elven Warrior

i was at my friend's house and my mom had come to pick me up after staying with them for two weeks. we were closing our eyes and going really high on the swings on her old rickedy swingset. i misjudged timing and went backwards instead of forwards, went 10ft into the air and landed on the stone wall. i fractured my arm and cut myself right below my eyebrow. if i had hit my head i probibly coulda broken my skull, and if i had hit my eye i probibly couldnt see the screen right now.

the thing that bugged me the most was when i went in the ambulence, they wouldnt let me look out the window. it made me pissed off, and i started sobbing harder, so they gave me a cheap teddy bear with a get well sticker on it. so much for comfort.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:32 PM   #12
Legolas_is_fit
Elven Warrior

Well I was walking to school and we saw an ambulance and police car turns out one of the boys from the boys school had got hit at mc donalds and flew bout a meter and then got up got about 3 meters and collasped and he was in yr7. And some girls in yr 7 where in a chrash with there school Blackboar will tell you more
Gimli:Toss me over to the gate. But just dont tell the elf.
Aragon:Ok I promise

Well it goes along those lines i cant remember the exact words
Legolas_is_fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 04:48 PM   #13
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

About 4 yrs ago (wow its been that long) I went on a skiing holiday at christmas. On christmas eve I was on the last run of the day and it was rreally bad visability. I turned and the next thing I knew I was on the snow in agony. Apparently my leg (bottom bit) was out at right angles.

There was a doctor on he slope who thought i had broken my leg. I had to go down the mountain in a blood wagon. Then they x-rayed me and found I had fractured the medium colataral ligament in my right knee.

This means now that my knee cap faces the wrong way. However several physios have come up with different reasons for this. Also my other knee is weeek cos i used it too much when i was recovering. Also my right knee just gives way sometimes. It makes it very ard when I am a rock climber and hill walker and (still) a skier.

It would have helped if i had done my excercises a bit more often at the beginning. Oh well.

Old 01-10-2003, 04:52 PM   #14
Blackboar

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
What do you mean I will...

Oh never mind
Since Jenny (Legolas_is_fit) asked

The 1st years from our school went for a trip last night to the thertre, one of the coach's, on the way, a big lorry slamed into the back, everyone had to get out and wait by the edge of the M6 for 1 and a half hours while the motorway was shut and the ambulance's came and everything, they had to dig everyone in the back seat out and take them to hospital.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:55 PM   #15
Finmandos12
Elven Warrior

Quote:
The 1st years from our school went for a trip last night to the thertre, one of the coach's, on the way, a big lorry slamed into the back, everyone had to get out and wait by the edge of the M6 for 1 and a half hours while the motorway was shut and the ambulance's came and everything, they had to dig everyone in the back seat out and take them to hospital.
I assume you live in England. Since I'm a Yankee, I have some questions: What is a lorry? What is a first year (Is that like our first grade)? What is a M6?
Old 01-10-2003, 11:12 PM   #16
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Finmandos12
I assume you live in England. Since I'm a Yankee, I have some questions: What is a lorry? What is a first year (Is that like our first grade)? What is a M6?
Well, even though I'm not British, a lorry is a truck, I'll let them explain about first years because I don't know, and I'm assuming that M6 is the name of a road. I know I'm right about the lorry, but I'm just guessing about the rest.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 11:17 PM   #17
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
Well, even though I'm not British, a lorry is a truck, I'll let them explain about first years because I don't know, and I'm assuming that M6 is the name of a road. I know I'm right about the lorry, but I'm just guessing about the rest.
Yep, truck is -lorry-wagon-any hualage vehicle.

M6 is a motorway (highway) fast and bedamned dangerous road anyway.

First Year is a student between 11 and 12 yrs of age (if I remember correctly).

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 10:52 AM   #18
Blackboar

Yeah, 1st year is the first year of high school, sometimes know as year 7.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:16 AM   #19
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Well...

When I was 8 years old, I was at my tenth ever horseback-riding lesson. Then idjit instructor says, why don't we canter? The stupid horse I'm riding won't canter, so stupid instructor runs behind my horse. Horse takes off. Suddenly, my idiotic horse stops and I go flying. I broke both arms and my nose when I landed, and cracked the helmet I was wearing right down the middle.

The funniest part: 2 or 3 years later, I've had my own horse for a year now, and he bucks me off. I end up with another broken arm. Three days later, my mom and I embark on a two week trail ride across MI. With a broken arm. My doctor told my mom she was crazy for taking me on this ride. I had a blast.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 06:03 PM   #20
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

When I was a lot younger, I nearly drowned in a swimming pool. It is still a very vivid memory, even though it was so long ago.

My younger brother Daniel nearly was swept away in the ocean, and my youngest brother David has nearly drowned twice as well.

Luckily now we all know how to swim .
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote