Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-21-2002, 12:26 PM   #1
Laurelyn
Elf Lord

Location: Valinor, right next to Telperion . . . what did you expect, Michigan?
The Lady of the Rings; also known as the Soul of Night.

Heya guys. I started this for the heck of it; please join if you feel like it. There's plenty of character ops.

Fëalómë was a jeweler who spent more time than she ever would have thought possible with her metalwork. She was nobody to anybody else, and lonely. Days and nights were spent stringing beads onto filigree designs, polishing, cutting silver, gold, copper, brass. Whatever. It didn’t matter to her what she made.
The money involved in her trade wasn’t important. She had money enough; she needed no more. But she couldn’t keep the jewelry she made. She didn’t want it. None of it contained the soul she felt in the metal. Pretty yes, pretty enough to sell and be famous for design and craft, she thought bitterly. But not beautiful. I will never be able to perfect the metal.
But once Fëalómë had almost found the beauty she was looking for in the metal’s soul. A ring, silver twined with threads of gold. As it came to life beneath her hands, she thought that almost, just almost, it was perfect. But not really. Just almost. She had put it away in a drawer, left locked away but never really forgotten. The images of rings came to her in dreams.
She made rings, the designs of her dreams, and incorporated them into nearly every piece she finished. Somehow. The vague shadow of a circle was her trade’s mark. Only a few people noticed this; Fëalómë didn’t care.
And then one day. She was showing the metal no mercy, and she took her loneliness out on her work. A plain gold band came to life in her hands. Not almost as before; but truly what she wanted. She didn’t understand. But something about this simple ring was beautiful like she had never felt before. And it frightened her a little.
As Fëalómë polished it for the final time, and held it finished to the light, something stirred. The shadows of the rings on the jewelry she had made and sold all around the world awakened to a flash of brilliance, then faded from sight -- yet they remained alert. Waiting.
Man ná vanwië entuluva. What is past shall come again. I fëa lómëo cuiva. The soul of night awakes. Minë corma ná lá vanwa mÃ* lumë. The one ring is not lost in time. Nás entamin. It is forged again.
On the other side of the world a girl woke from her sleep, the necklace she wore burning her skin.
And even further away a mountain long dormant burst into flame.

Angel of music, guide and guardian! Grant to me your glory!

The country I eat and spend the day in is by no means the country I sleep and dream in. Define patriotism.

Hold the boat, you spastic monkey! ~ Elenka
Laurelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 01:59 PM   #2
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
The water stirred, and the pool rippled quickly. It's images of rings clouding it, hiding it from watchful eyes. A mountain...Orodruin, lit again, the evil stirs...waking from a watchful sleep...watching....The girl broke away from the pool. Her own eyes alert for more images. "It is anew." She whispered. The ancient prophecy came to her mind. Arta lume, umea voronwa, Ana carin na ana ilcarin. Across time, Evil enduring, To make is to unmake. She went to consult her books.
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 02:10 PM   #3
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
**The ring was silver, with a single dark stone on it. It had been forged with the first rings of power, though made by a different creater. But there was something about it that conected it to this Ring...the Ring reforged.**

*A beautiful laugh rang over the land, called The Wise. A little hobbit lass, almost of age, ran across the grass, chased by an older halfing, about whom it was later said was the most beautiful halfing in all history, though I will leave that to you to decide about. She cried out to the other halfing*

"Liat, You run to fast! I can not catch up with you my girl!"

*The scene is a very happy one...until the older hobbit collpased. Liat ran back to her*

"Mum-Fran, Fran are you all right! Fran, Fran wake up!"

*Fran stirred and opened her eyes, the first thing she saw was a Ring of fire, great and terrible. This was nothing new, for it always haunted her dreams, but now, there was something else...something enw about it. Then she saw the ring she wore, silver, with a single dark stone set in it. It glowed, and burned her. She stood up and hugged the lass.*

"Yes, Liat, I'm fine. Just had a little...er...accedent."
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 03:27 PM   #4
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

Vásir was sittin upon the Mountainside Looking out westward toward the sea and fair valinor.
He mourned to go back to that fair place among his Kindred, but he could not.
A single tear dropped out of the corner of his eye, it froze within an instant.

Vásir was a maia, he dwelt high in the cold of the Mountains. He was a master of Ice. He stood up and slid down the mountain side. He swerved to a stop. Vásir lived alone, He had White Hair and had Icy features. Cold black eyes which were sunk deep into their sockets. He wore a Pale blue Robe and had a sword strapped around his belt.
Vásir looked at his hand, the ring he wore Glowed with a pale gleam, It was the Ring of Ice, helcë it was named. It was a silver entwined ring with a stone that was clasped there by the twines like a root that had grown over another plant. The prophecy had come true. I ossë ëa coiva. I lúmë ëa tulin. The terror is awake. The hour has come.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by zavron : 12-21-2002 at 03:43 PM.
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 04:13 PM   #5
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
Lubyla on her horse stood utop a hill, which overlooked a place of hobbiton. Next to her sat a young girl, her golden hair pulled back into two braides.

"It is come again"Said Lubyla

"What has come again?"

"The One. I see it in the stars."

A gust of wind passed by, one to chill all to the bone.

"Your right, I hoped the profecy would not hold true."

"The stars never lie Starletta. Come, we must make our way to The Wise."

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Lubyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 04:32 PM   #6
zavron

I slid down the Mountain side. I must Go to the place called the Wise. I travelled long on the winds and through the mountains Until I reached my Goal. The wise was a fair Hobbit place.

I disguised myself in a black cloak.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-21-2002, 04:43 PM   #7
Fred Baggins

Liat looked at Fran worried, but Fran just laughed.

"Do not worry Liat, all will be fine! I'm not dieing!"

But her expresion did not change. "I'm not worried about you dieing. I'm worried about a dream I had last night."

Immedialtly, Fran's face clouded. Liat had had a dream. Liat was a speacial hobbit, with the ability to see the futer in her dreams.

"I dreamt about a Ring of Fire, and it was held by a creature, I could not tell what race it was. The creature had four fingers. The the Fire was gone, and came back, looking like a normal gold ring. Then the scene chaged, and I saw you. You held a sword, which I did not recognize, and your Ring itself became the ring of fire."

"And you think your dream has something to do with what happened just now?!"

"Yes. Because they where with you." She pointed behind Fran, where stood a man in a black cloak and a woman, and an elf. Fran started.

"Who are you, and how did you manage to get into The Wise?" The Wise was protected by a very powerful spell, making it so that no one could get in or out, unless they where with the maker of the spell, and making it so that it never aged, and stayed ever green, not ever winter reached this place, for it was Spring year round.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:00 PM   #8
Lubyla

Many a time have I come here in the past, this time, it a little more difficutlt to find.*Pulls out a starshaped compact and loks inside*

By the wind and the stars we have come to The Wise. For a reason to be not spoken of here.*this young girl spoke with great wisdom, as though she were as old as the stars themselves.*

Old 12-21-2002, 05:10 PM   #9
Mistabella
Hobbit

Far away, through the Worldgates, a sleepy girl woke up from a strange dream and noticed a pain on her neck. Reaching down, she saw a scar where her replica of the One Ring was hung on a chain around it. It felt hot beneath her fingers. Laurelyn wondered at it. What did it mean. Then the phone rang, and she reached over to answer it; it was just another day. It was Mistabella. "Laurelyn, I hate to bother you, but has anything strange happened this morning. I went to sleep holding my Tolkien book and that ring you made me out of silver. When I woke up this morning they were burning hot--what's wrong?" Laurelyn had just gasped. "It happened to me too. What did you dream?"
"A
Old 12-21-2002, 05:19 PM   #10
zavron

ooc: Errr...where is this story set?If it is in Middle-Earth than everything Fred, me, and lubyla had just replied made absolutely No-Sense.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 12-21-2002, 05:29 PM   #11
Mistabella
Hobbit

(sorry about the error, what I'me writing is on Earth, but Middle-Earth's in it too)

"A figure, a woman all in white with hair flowing down her back--" "Galadriel!" "--said all Middle-Earh was in danger. Something about the Ring being forged again, along with a lot of new ones..."
"Me too--we have to figure this out. We have to go there."
"How?"
"I know...people. They know where the gate is. We just have to leave without our parents knowing it..."
All over Earth, Tolkien fans felt the same pull. They found their rings, their books, burning hot, the same vision going through their heads. They flocked to the Worldgates of their towns and villages. Tara, Times Square, the Gardens, every place where magic can happen...and usually does. The LOTR warriors of Earth followed the call, and found themselves in the place they'd always dreamed of going to...
In the midst of a brand new turmoil like none they'd read of before, they had to defend the world they loved...
They came to Middle-Earth.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:30 PM   #12
zavron

ooc: Ahh...I understand with the bit about the WorldGate.

ic:
''We have gathered here to meet you. We have all had the same dreams. You know why we are here, for you sense it yourself! My name is Vásir I am a maia and the keeper of helce,The quarts Ring of ice.'' I pulled down my Hood.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by zavron : 12-21-2002 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:33 PM   #13
Fred Baggins

"A Maia. Liat, you did not tell me he would be a Maia."

"You didn't ask."

"I am Belladona Gamgee Fuin Menel, keeper of the Ring of the Night Sky. This is...my cousin, Liat.
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 12-21-2002 at 05:34 PM.
Old 12-21-2002, 05:34 PM   #14
Lubyla

*looks about.* It is more beautiful here than you said Lu-- Galanduiel.

Well, it has changed much since I last was here. It has been many long years.*hangs her head*

Old 12-21-2002, 05:37 PM   #15
Fred Baggins

"You have been here before? But how, I do not kno-" Dare I let them know, that I was the one that had layed the spell on this land? I decided against it.

ooc: This is before we have meet Lubyla. For you wil remember my telling you of Liat, Fran's cousin?
Old 12-21-2002, 05:40 PM   #16
Lubyla

ooc: I'll just smile and nod.

ic: Aye, many a time, twas one of my favorite places, though I have not been here for many a century. Starletta, I feel nothing to fear here.

Aye, me either Lubyla.

Old 12-21-2002, 05:46 PM   #17
Fred Baggins

"O really? Very well, if you think there is nothing to fear, then I will ask you to sit down...all of you. Liat, will you go to the house, and get some tea please, and anything these nice people might want."

*You study her, seeing the Ring, and the white, unsoiled clothes she wears. Her figure is almost elf-like, but for her size and feet. She wears about her neak a Phial, containing the Light of Erindeil(sp). You recognize it. And perhaps...her a little.*
Old 12-21-2002, 05:47 PM   #18
Dolenloteiel
I elenfea

Location: Somewhere in the chaos between the first and second ages! (Actually, CO)
The elven girl consulted her books. The ancient volumes musted over with dust and age. She searched and searched, and, finally, she came upon a small book, with an iron case atop it. "Ahh," She breathed as she opened it slowly. Inside, nestled on a cushion of velvet, lay a ring. It was black, inset with small sivery lines of mithril. This simple ring captivated the girl. SHe reached out to touch it, and it was burning hot. The lines shimmered in mock innocence. SHe lay the case aside and opened the book. The book itself was beautiful. It was also black, with silvery letters forming the words, Utuvielye i corma The first page was empty except for the following words;Utuvielye i corma Cemina. The girl turned the page, but it was blank. She shrugged and prepared to close it, when the following words appeared. The Ring of the Earth flares anew because The One has returned. You, Artuile, must weild this ring. Others unlooked for will come. Artuile took the book and the iron box and rode to the Wise.
Ask me anything
"I have not failed, I've only found 10,000 ways that won't work."
-Thomas Edison
Visit Tolkien RP Site! Need members, RP all three Ages! (UNDER CONSTRUCTION) http://elvellon.suddenlaunch2.com
"Yay, I can hear the voices in my head again!
Dolenloteiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 05:50 PM   #19
Lubyla

Alright. Come Starletta, dismount.*I hopped off my horse, as I did so, the hood that once disguised my face, fell off to reviel whome I truely was, though I felt none of them could tell.*

*Slids off of the horse's back, and sits on a patch of grass, as she looked at the sky, a shrill wind passed by.*

Old 12-21-2002, 05:55 PM   #20
Fred Baggins

*Liat came back soon after, carring a tray covered with hobbit cooking, and hobbit tea, a feast, more than a snack. But when she looked up she nearly dropped it.*

"My dream did not tell me the elf would be a princess."

"Liat, I would restrain from talking about your dreams. You know how people are."

"Yes m'am. Did they hear me?"

"I don't belive so. Now take the tea and food to them."

"Must I?"

"You're not going to grow up the way I did. you will be sophisticated, and loved by other hobbits. Please learn these things for my sake." A look of pain crossed her face, and Liat's as well.

"All right. It feels so awkward though."