Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2002, 04:47 AM   #1
Blackboar
Legolas's beloved sister and Queen of the Wood Elves of Mirkwood

Location: Under the hill at Bag-end, Hobbiton the Shire Or Rivendell,I can't remember!!!!!!!!!!
Christmas!!!!!!!

Just out of interest, what are you going to do for xmas
Blackboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 07:46 AM   #2
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Nothing.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 10:03 AM   #3
ArwenEvenstar
Elf Lord

going over to moncton! hanging out with my aunt, uncle, cousins, and friends! other then that nothing
Old 12-08-2002, 10:45 AM   #4
Sween
im quite stupid

i cannot wait my nan and grandad aunt and her son other aunty and uncle and there 2 kids (well they aint kids they are all older than me) my sister are all comming here so we will have a right good time. I love xmas as we are a very spread out family its really the only time of year we are ever all in the same place at once.

Plus all my mates from uni are home there will be meny a shindig
Old 12-08-2002, 11:12 AM   #5
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

i can't wait until all the relatives leave. no offense, i love my family, but i can only take so much of them.
Old 12-08-2002, 11:23 AM   #6
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Going to my uncle's who makes the best Xmas dinner ever!!! Seeing my cousin who I only get to se this time of year and have the annual good humoured arguement with my eldest cousin as to whether horse riding (her profession) or dancing (my profession) is better. Then after Xmas I'm going up to Newcastle to see my best mate and spend new year with my second family and get very drunk looking for a place to celebrate New Year in the centre of Newcastle. Hope everyone on the Moot has a fantastic Xmas especially my best mate on here- he knows who he is!! *evil green eyed stare especially for you* Mx
Old 12-08-2002, 11:46 AM   #7
Duddun
I Antha

Find a place to put the tree.
I'm Not Evil!
If the critics say it's good, is it really That good?
It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's a balloon!
Duddun, Son of Bubbun
Duddun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 01:45 PM   #8
Sween
im quite stupid

you know our trees just gone up outside i think i may have to decorate my room tommrow
Old 12-08-2002, 02:04 PM   #9
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

This year my brother and his wife are coming to our house for Christmas. last year they did too but it was different. and i had the flu so i couldn't do anything. we always open presents on Christmas eve and then Christmas is just another day. so far this year we're ahead on Christmas. usaully we wait till just about a week or less before the 24th before we get a tree and we usually wait till the 23rd to do shopping. we already have a tree up and i have half of my shoppin done.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:24 PM   #10
azalea
Long lost mooter

I just put my tree up. I'm bummed because I made the unhappy decision to get a FAKE TREE *gasp*. I love getting a real tree, but my allergies have acted up in recent years, and fake trees have so many advantages (cheaper, neater). I'll just have to spray that tree smelling spray to get the nice aroma!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 03:15 PM   #11
Elven Archer
Elven Warrior

have you tried getting different kids of trees? like frasier fir or douglas fir.
Old 12-08-2002, 03:30 PM   #12
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Elven Archer:
have you tried getting different kids of trees? like frasier fir or douglas fir.
There are a number or errors in your post. Allow me to point them out:
  • It is kids off trees, not of trees.
  • "frasier", "douglas", and "fir" are proper names, and require upper case. Thus, Frasier and Douglas Fir.
Personally, I don't know Frasier Fir (or his brother), but I sometimes watch Frasier.

I don't pull kids off trees. I'm not into that.
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 03:42 PM   #13
Celebréiel
Elven Warrior

Really nothing

At first me and my friend had this huge genius idea to go to New Zealand for x-mas, lol but obivously it flopped, so now my plans include watching Two Towers and opening presents.
~Celebréiel
Celebréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 04:18 PM   #14
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

My family's staying home for Christmas... as usual. Which is great because almost everyone else I've talked to at school, etc, are all going places, visiting great aunts they've never met, and overall sound pretty stressed about a time that's supposed to be relaxing and fun. Hmmm. We'll go to church Christmas eve, open some gifts Christmas morning, ya know...stuff like that. Except I'd really love to have some snow. Snow would be so great right now. Darn Pacific Nothwest climate.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 04:28 PM   #15
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I don't know. Maybe I'll sleep in, see a movie, relax, maybe watch lotr dvd. And I'll probably eat at a nice Chinese restaurant.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 04:42 PM   #16
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Ah, Christmas. That wonderful time when folk of all religions celebrate the birth of Jesus the Christ

My day will start with going to my friends for a light lunch with her and her kids (so cool watching kids unwrap xmas presents). Then onto my parents house for the traditional Xmas dinner.......this is followed by eating more, drinking too much and falling asleep as the James Bond movie starts on TV.

Wake up at 6pm, shower, shave etc then back to my friends house, drop the kids off at the babysitter, then we go into town........just like a normal Saturday really, except for the tinsel

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 06:27 PM   #17
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Coney
Ah, Christmas. That wonderful time when folk of all religions celebrate the birth of Jesus the Christ
lets not let this go down into a masisve relkgious debate but for me christmas has nothing to do with jesus christ cannot say he even passes my mind.

Christmas is my fav time of year cos simply its the one time my family get together and we are a close bunch if a long way away from each other and spread out.

Christmas aint about jesus its about family and been nice and showing love and affection and food and lights and santa!!!
Old 12-08-2002, 06:43 PM   #18
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

Hey Sween, how can you say that Christmas is not about Christ? I don't particularily want to enter into a heated discussion either, but why would this holiday be named as it is if it has nothing to do with the one it is named after?

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 11:30 PM   #19
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Oh Geez, here we go!
Anyway, my husband put up some outdoor lights. This is the first time we have ever done it. I guess we're getting a little "wild" in our old age! I have my fir tree in this room with the desks and computers. It's been soaking up water for two days and smells great! I'll decorate it soon, but I love the way a "naked" tree looks in the house!
We go to my in-laws on Christmas eve, open presents and eat a fancy dinner. Then home, and Christmas morning, watching the kids with their gifts and hoping they are both pleased and happy. I'll make a fancy dinner and my in-laws will come over for it.
So... what did you get for people this year? I'm getting my husband a 2 month membership to the local gym. It will actually be for the whole family, who knows what people will think or do with it. I thought it might be a fun gift! My daughter is getting a watch, a Pooh fleece, a game for her playstation, money and Lilo and Stich DVD. And little goodies for the stocking, of course. Son is getting a Nintendo game cube thing, some army toys, a soccer fleece blanket and other goodies. He's the tough one cause he still believes in Santa, and changes his mind all the time about what he wants! I guess I'll do some baking soon to give to all the teachers and others. Hope we/I have fun!

Last edited by Lizra : 12-08-2002 at 11:31 PM.
Lizra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 11:57 PM   #20
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Love the sig, Lizra.

I'll probably open presents if I have any (we usually open one on Christmas Eve, but I think I'm only getting one thing this year), then I'll probably work.