Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-14-2002, 05:09 PM   #1
Sween
im quite stupid

Two towers sex scean?????

The two towers has just recived the cirtificate in england of 12a and the censors claim it has a sex scean? Legolas and gimli perhaps?
Old 11-14-2002, 05:27 PM   #2
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Maybe some graphic images from Eowyn's imagination? I doubt we'll see any nipplage from Liv. It's spelled "scene" by the way. And I thought JL wrote "yellow MELON custard".
Old 11-14-2002, 05:34 PM   #3
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I knew Merry shouldn't have trusted Pippin alone with Treebeard!!
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 05:36 PM   #4
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Anduril
I knew Merry shouldn't have trusted Pippin alone with Treebeard!!
*bad joke warning* i knew that ent had wood in his trousers
Old 11-14-2002, 06:57 PM   #5
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Hmm I read somewhere "Aragorn has a 'dream' about Arwen" or something along those lines. I'm quite positive it is Aragorn/Arwen, given, since it's hollywood, they would suggestive any sex scenes in the film, which they sort of did in the trailer that came out oct 1
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:01 PM   #6
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Nah, Peter doesn't even know how to do a sex scene.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:02 PM   #7
Miranda
'Bohemian princess of Covent Garden

Aragorn and Arwen? Nah- public opinion in London- Aragorn and LEGOLAS!!!!!!!! The way those two look at eachother- only kidding- my friends sick sexual fantasy the second she saw them she turned to me a whispered- well I won't repeat but it was about the heavy breathing after the watcher in the water attacks at Moria. I nearly screamed- NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Not Aragorn, Legolas maybe but not Aragorn! I hope its sweet though and not with Eowyn- Aragorn couldn't betray Arwen could he? Mx PS I love Legolas so it'd better not involve him- my heart will break into a thousand pieces. Orlando, Orlando!!!!-mad girlish moment- swoon!
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:06 PM   #8
Dunadan
The Quite Querulous Quendi

Pippin with Grishnakh, Treebeard trussed up in the background, Gandalf and the balrog at the bottom of the Endless Stair.
Dunadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 07:09 PM   #9
Miranda

Dunadan huney you're sick- a hobbit with an orc is just going too far What about Frodo and Sam? Anyone considered those two running away together into Mordor- hmm? Mx
Old 11-14-2002, 07:18 PM   #10
durin's bane
Lady of Westernesse

Sam Gamgee

There won't be a sex scene. Otherwise there'd be an an adult only rating and you can't do that. Afterall, kids read the books too.
Old 11-14-2002, 10:55 PM   #11
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

...AND, Ladies and Gentlemen, children also visit the Moot.

Hope we can all remember that. It's a fine line......
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 11:10 PM   #12
gdl96
the greg the admin

Yes, bropus, and let's not cross it.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 11:21 PM   #13
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

eyeballing "the line".....

I ain't going over there. Safer over here.
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 11:55 PM   #14
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

Hmm, this reminds of the thread where Tater said there would be a sex scene between Arwen and Aragorn. I guess the only people who could be involved are Arwen and Aragorn (I won't even mention Frodo and Sam ). Or maybe Eowyn gets her way with Aragorn (lucky gal). I can't really see how they could fit it in. Aragorn: Err, sorry guys, can't fight the orcs anymore, Arwen just arrived at Helms Deep.

Miranda: Perhaps your friend should read some Legolas/Aragorn slash fan fiction. Some of it is quite disturbing.
Old 11-15-2002, 02:24 PM   #15
crickhollow
The Buckleberry Fairy/Captain

From TORn:
Quote:
No More Sex In TTT!
Xoanon @ 9:18 am EST

Not that there ever was any in the first place...check this out from Fergus: I recieved this update from Odeon concerning TTT - it seems the sexual content was a mistake! The fil has been confirmed as a 12A which means there may be more violence than FOTR.

1) The actual release date for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is December 18th and NOT December 13th as reported.

2) The certificate for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is confirmed as 12A. However, the correct certificate addendum is in fact, "contains intense combat and fantasy horror scenes". It is NOT, "contains moderate action, violence and one sex scene" which was attached by mistake. This is in fact the correct certificate addendum for James Bond: Die Another Day.
All a misunderstanding, apparently
crickhollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 03:19 PM   #16
Amandil
Guy-who-should-come-here-more-often

Location: Alberta, in spirit -- Vlaanderen, in body (Canada? Never heard of it!)
Oh.

Darn, I wanted to make a witty comment about how Orlando Bloom looks like a girl... (sorry, Miranda)

"Why would you want to tamper with anything Tolkien did?" --Ralph Bashki

"Seeking self, I find nothing but myself, but in this I drink the cup of gall I really am. I want everything, and I may have everything, but I have nothing except what I have. What I have I know is not what will fulfill me, and I know this in the bitterness of satisfied desire. Everything I have is still not enough, and in getting everything I have, I have not myself, indeed what I have may have twisted what I am and might be into an image of my own possessions. I will to possess, but I end up possessed by what I possess." -- William Desmond (Ethics and the Between, p. 209-210)
Amandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 06:15 PM   #17
Miranda

What can I say? I love a guy with a feminine side. Hey he may look like a girl in LOTR but whoa have you seen him in everything else!!! MIAOW!!! That man's so insanely gorgeous its untrue- I especially love his one line appearance in Wilde. As for the mistake in the ratings I thought it would be a 12A just looking at the pictures (Hey I'm still having nightmares about Ringwraiths!) but I'm actually glad there's no sex scene. Arwen and Aragorn's relationship has a sort of innocence about it that a scene like that would just destroy. Mx
Old 11-15-2002, 08:42 PM   #18
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Hmm...

What do you think arwen and aragorn went up into the tower for after their wedding?

What were eowyn and farimir doing in the houses of healing?

What does frodo think sam has waited long enough to do with rosy? And where exactly does little elanor come from?

There's plenty of sex in the books... it's just understated, not explicit. And if PJ could manage to reproduce that, I say go for it.
Old 11-16-2002, 01:30 AM   #19
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Oh shat...first it was Arwen at Helms Deep and now it's THIS! One of the things that I like about LOTR is that it's a refuge from todays tolerance towards sex outside of marriage. It makes the marriages of Eowyn+Faramir, Aragorn+ Arwen and Sam+ Rose sweeter and more poignant because they're innocent.
If a sex scene is added in TTT then it will take away the innocence of LOTR and RUIN it's refuge and security...at least for the movies...it'll ruin the whole thing...I mean Aragorn and Arwen messing around before they get married? That is not kingly or elven princessly at all...
A sincerely upset
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2002, 01:36 AM   #20
olsonm
Elf Lord

Samwise don't worry. It was a mistake. The sex scene rating was for the new James Bond movie. They accidentally put it with TTT.