Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2002, 06:16 PM   #1
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

New Nirvana Album

The new Nirvana album is out! The Greatest Hits (imaginatively titled "Nirvana") and I got it today

The song list -

You Know You're Right - (the only original track)
About A Girl
Been A Son
Sliver
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Come As You Are
Lithium
In Bloom
Heart-Shaped Box
Pennyroyal Tea
Rape Me
Dumb
All Apologies
The Man Who Sold The World
Where Did You Sleep Last Night

This was the group that re-awoke the Punk in me in my late teens
............. Unfortunately it will probably be bought by those clean-scrubbed-spiky-haired-nu metal-fans that think that grunge followers wore t-shirts with "Nirvana" written in lemon yellow and a stoned smiley face on them .......... still any exposure to Nirvana for the new genteration has to be good

But you know what you've got to do?

STEAL this album! Don't give COURTNEY any more $'s from this great band's work.

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 08:34 AM   #2
katya
Elven Maiden

That sounds like a good album. When did it come out? I thought it was out soon but my friend told me it wasnt for a while. Anyway I like the "new" song that everyone keeps calling "new". And just when I thought nothing would ever come from "Nirvana ever again...
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 11:39 PM   #3
gdl96
the greg the admin

katya, for a while there was a lot of controversy between Courney Love (dumb whore) and the rest of the band about releasing the original track and whatnot. It was resolved a few months ago, but I didn't realize the cd would come out so soon.

I'll probably just end up downloading the tracks off kazaa lite and burning them. Thanks for the heads up
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2002, 11:47 PM   #4
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti
Elven Warrior

Courtney love is a dumb be-atch. My theary has always been that she is the real reason why Kobain (sp?) killed himself. He woke up one day and realized who he was married to.........you know the rest.

I might have to get that CD though.

"Vires decusque."
Ma Uai: Ua Nemti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 12:04 AM   #5
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Quote:
Originally posted by gdl96
katya, for a while there was a lot of controversy between Courney Love (dumb whore) and the rest of the band about releasing the original track and whatnot. It was resolved a few months ago, but I didn't realize the cd would come out so soon.

I'll probably just end up downloading the tracks off kazaa lite and burning them. Thanks for the heads up
That's one way to get it ........... if legitmate stealing of the CD is not your thing.........be aware that "sharing" through Kazaa Lite now carries a ten-year violation of copywrite jail sentence in the US now tho' and even songs copied outside of the USA, under US copywrite, that are copied in ANY other country by any other countries citizen can be tried in the US for the maximum penalty (10yrs)..........but if you steal the album you will only be prosecuted for the albums $ value

Beatallica
Old 11-01-2002, 05:03 PM   #6
katya
Elven Maiden

Yeah yeah I know about courtney love but thank you for the information anyway. it's just that i never thought there would be any "New" music from nirvana. i say "new" because it's not really new.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 06:36 PM   #7
GRONK!!!
Hobbit

Are they actually arresting people just for using Kazaa now? They'd have to arrest half the country to effectively enforce that law. GRONK thought anti bootleggers went solely after those who sell bootleg music or distribute mass quantities of it.

Anyway, GRONK has no intention of buying the album. Nirvanas great, but GRONK has never understood the purpose of greatest hits CDs. Although if GRONK was ever in a band he'd name his first album "(Bandname)'s Greatest Hits CD just to confuse the heck out of new fans.
GRONK!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 06:55 PM   #8
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

...and how do you make a greatest hits album from three (2 1/2) albums? The one I burned from my collection is more comprehensive anyway. I'll download the "new" song; damn the heat.
*swings through rigging of elven pirate ship*
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 07:08 PM   #9
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

Yeah the laws against P2P filesharing are only really scare tactics (although one poor guy was flown from the Ukraine to Los Angeles and sentenced to 6 yrs).......there is no way they can prosecute everyone, they are just using scare tactics and a few random individuals are getting really hammered ......... hasn't stopped me yet tho

Beatallica
Old 11-01-2002, 07:17 PM   #10
FoolofaTook
Elven Warrior

I'm definetly gonna have to pick up that album....Nirvana rock's. I still believe that Courtney killed Kurt.
FoolofaTook is offline   Reply With Quote