Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-19-2002, 06:34 AM   #1
Ringlambeion
Sapling

Treebeard Ents in the new movie!!!!!!!

Might just be me but aren't u lot just a little worried and maybe excited about the prospect of the Ents in the new movie in december. They have got to be done in cvg but if they aren't done to justice i will be more than a little peeved... to put it lightly!
Ringlambeion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 06:39 AM   #2
Millane
The Dude

no there was a picture of the ents around the moot somewhere but the site got made to take it down... John-Rhys Davies is doing the voice so im more anxious to see how that works out... i caught a glimpse of the Oliphaunts in the new trailer and they look pretty awesome (just like elephants except with more tusks!!!)
anyway no one else is here to welcome you so i will... hope you have fun
Millane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 07:13 AM   #3
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Hello!
I saw the legs of Treebeard in the new trailer...at least I think it was Treebeard.
Old 10-19-2002, 07:42 AM   #4
Millane
The Dude

i think i know the bit you are talking about Falagar is it the bit where you see either merry and pipping like avoiding bening trodden on by 2 things that look life twisted clumps of roots...???
Old 10-19-2002, 09:32 AM   #5
Ringlambeion
Sapling

Wow John Rhys-Davies..Good job Gimli and Treebeard never get to meet then... that would be a bit confusing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought they might cast some1 with a deep boomy kind of voice. I thought it was going to be Brian Blessard at first. (he's this big fat english actor whos got a really boomy voice!!) thanx 4 welcoming me to the entmoot!!!
Old 10-19-2002, 09:36 AM   #6
Ringlambeion
Sapling

Saruman Dying

I heard that in the movie of TTT Saruman actually gets killed in Orthanc by Treebeard. Isn't that a bit weird because then when you get to the scouring of the shire there will be no Sharkey and therefore no Grima Wormtongue to kill him???????
Probably just a malicious rumour to lead people like me astray.
Old 10-19-2002, 11:17 AM   #7
Millane
The Dude

i reckon that is crap
Old 10-19-2002, 12:01 PM   #8
entss89
lord of the ents

well well where have i seen this before? well anyway there will be a rather mean ent on entmoot if they dont put the ents on ttt. i will speak to my distance cousen about this, lets just say he has conections to lotrs! (he he im so lucky)( not really he is distance you know!)
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2002, 02:56 PM   #9
Lollypopgurl
Elven Warrior

It would be knida weird if Gimli and Treebeard met....

Anyways, I just saw the TTT trailer and it's awesome!!! Before, I was a little nervous about the second film cause I can't imagine anything better than FOTR; buy now, I have no doubts whatsoever...
Old 10-20-2002, 03:14 AM   #10
Millane
The Dude

i reckon that John Rhys-Davies voice is going to be awesome HOOM HA.
as for the new trailer i have been watching it non stop it gets me all worked up
Old 10-20-2002, 04:53 PM   #11
Gerbil
Elf Lord

Unless new knowledge has come to light there IS NO SCOURING OF THE SHIRE.
The RotK will most likely end with Aragorn and Arwen being proclaimed topness dudes of all Earthly Middleness.

And for rumours about Saruman's death you cant beat the old 'impaled on a spiked wheel' thing that's been around for over a year now.

Which to be honest is most likely to be true, considering the way Hollywood likes to influence nasty people getting their comuppence.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:58 PM   #12
gdl96
the greg the admin

Lollypopgurl, if you read the books, you would know that no matter how good the FOTR movie was, the other books are arguably by far superior and will lead to better movies.
gdl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:54 PM   #13
Gerbil
Elf Lord

While I was trawling - model of Treebeard:

http://filmforce.ign.com/lotr/articl.../367694p1.html
Looks a bit rubbish, but then again a static, cheap model of a CG character is hardly a fair comparison.
Old 10-21-2002, 08:55 PM   #14
entss89
lord of the ents

gerbil that pic. of treebeard is so neat thats practicly how i pictured him through my book. ohh the thing about my cousin is i could not reach him and i think hes dead! well i did say distant didnt i ? he he, umm so has anyone seen a trailer with treebeard in it yet?
entss89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 10:22 PM   #15
Gerbil
Elf Lord

As far as I'm aware Treebeard has made two cameo appearances already.

The shy retiring Ent gave us a quick glimpse of his face in the teaser footage at the end of the Fellowship of the Ring (which I have read is included in as a hidden bonus in the FotR DvD), and he's shown his legs and arms at the end of the new trailer where he picks up one of those rascally pipsqueak hobbits, Pippin or Merry (can't remember which).

Watched it again - it's Merry
Old 10-22-2002, 12:40 PM   #16
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

where is it hideen? how do i get to it? i have scoured that dvd and i can't find a thing! then again, im as dumb as ham, so i wouldn't be surpriesd. can ya hel me out here? where is it? im sorry that this is in one looong paragraph but the school's keyboard is missing it's enter key! haha.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:50 PM   #17
Gerbil
Elf Lord

My apologies LuthienTinuviel.

I searched and searched, and finally realised I'd read (too briefly I now find) about the special edition DVD, not the normal one that's been around for ages.

Take a look here for what I stumbled across:

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...html#easteregg

Sorry to anyone I misled, I really should have paid more attention to what I was reading
Old 10-22-2002, 01:21 PM   #18
Beleg Strongbow
Truest of Friends

Location: Pennsylvania, but I have a vacation home in the Westfarthing.
As a matter of fact, nuestro amigo Treebeard has made an appearance on Decipher.com as a card for the Lord of the Rings Trading card game.
The image was taken down so as not to spoil the movie, but the card will be released in November along with The Two Towers.

In my opinion they did the Ents well, although the image was not exceptionally flattering. The thing about the Ents that needs to be captured well is the eyes, and they certainly are, well, "different"...

Admirers of Treebeard need not be dissapointed as the unhasty Ent ally has an unprecedentedly BUFF strength of 12.
For anyone else who plays, but didn't see it before they took it down...

Treebeard, Oldest Living Thing
(common version, rare version to appear as well.)
Ally
Home sites T2 and T8
Ent
Twilight Cost 4
Strength 12
Vitality 4
Fellowship: Exert Treebeard and discard an unbound companion from hand to heal an unbound companion.

Aure Entuleva!

John Kerry for President!
Beleg Strongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 11:32 AM   #19
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Treebeard, Oldest Living Thing
Isn't Tom Bombadil the oldest living thing?
(I once read a article about Tom maybe being Aulë, it was very interesting: http://www.cas.unt.edu/~hargrove/bombadil.html)
Old 10-23-2002, 12:22 PM   #20
Gerbil
Elf Lord

It's a hard one to answer whether Treebeard or Tom is the oldest living thing, mainly because it all depends on:

A) Your interepretation of 'oldest LIVING thing' and
B) Who or what you perceive Tom B to be.

I read that article about Tom being Aule, and to be honest, it holds no water with me, for numerous reasons (too boring to point out, I'd merely say he tries to hard to find 'facts' to back his case up).

It's up to you really. If you think Tom is a 'normal' living being created along with the rest of Middle earth, then he'd probably qualify as the oldest living thing.

If, like me, you believe Tom is some sort of equivalent to the Maiar, who right from the start 'went native' (errrr ok that's not clear, I mean simply inhabited ME as it was then, no desire to be part of the Valar and all), then technically he's not living (existed before the world came into creation) and so Treebeard wins the vote as oldest living (was born) thing.

Either way, there's not really any definitive answer (to my knowledge), since Tolkien was deliberately vague on Tom, and neither he nor Treebeard exactly get much press in the Silmarillion