Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-28-2002, 07:49 PM   #1
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Frailty

Okay, I couldn't find a thread on it, so: oh my God. Pun intended.

This is a really weird, but highly entertaining (for myself) film. I must know other opinions because I know this movie made some people mad. You know who you are.

My mother called the guy (I won't say which - if you've seen it, you'll know) was just plain insane. I particularly love how it turned out. The irony is beautiful. Makes you really wonder when you're crossing the line between wrong and right. Was what they did wrong . . . or right?

And another slightly interesting thing: a definition for "frailty" is a moral weakness.

Last edited by Rána Eressëa : 09-29-2002 at 10:05 PM.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 02:01 PM   #2
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

This movie was stupendously disturbing. I watched it during the sniper attacks as well. The true nature of the sniper makes this all the more weird.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote