Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-21-2002, 02:14 PM   #1
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Spirited Away

Has anybody seen this latest Miyazaki project, or does anybody know when it will see a general North American release? (Miyazaki is the guy who directed My Neigbour Totoro and Princess Mononoke.)

It's not out yet where I live, and I'm really wondering when they're going to expand this to more screens. It's already receiving unanimous acclaim as a masterpiece of animation.

The trailer is here
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Well, it's amazing that this topic was so far down. By now I suppose a lot of people here have seen it. I love Miyazaki in any form, book or film.

I think Princess Mononoke was so good that there was no way he could ever surpass it. So Spirited Away is drastically different. It was very cool and I am hoping the DVD will be out soon.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:32 PM   #3
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Saw it a couple of months ago and LOVED IT! They had both subtitled and dubbed versions playing in the theaters here. No idea what the dubbed version sounds like, -- I saw the subtitled one so as to avoid screaming children (I assumed they wouldn't go to a movie where you have to read), and also because I love the way Japanese sounds.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:59 AM   #4
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

I love that movie!!! It is sooo good. . .I hope the DVD comes out soon, I want to see it again! It was only playing the dubbed version when I saw it, which is too bad, I would have loved to see it in Japanese. But oh well. It was brilliant anyway.

Princess Mononoke is also very good, one of my favorite movies.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 08:14 PM   #5
Diaxion
Elven Warrior

One of the best anime films I have ever seen. Really really good. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD to add it to my anime collection.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:56 AM   #6
BeardofPants
the Shrike

New Zealand never got a theatrical release of Princess Mononoke, as far as I know, and I suspect the same will be be true of Spirited Away. We only like Hollywood trash, thank you very much.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:33 PM   #7
elf queen
Hobbit

I saw it for the first time a few nights ago and it went strait to my favorit cartoon movie ever!!!!!!!
elf queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 03:26 AM   #8
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants
New Zealand never got a theatrical release of Princess Mononoke, as far as I know, and I suspect the same will be be true of Spirited Away. We only like Hollywood trash, thank you very much.
I lied. Saw it, loved it.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 10:00 AM   #9
Agalayth
Elven Warrior

I actually just saw it two days ago. It was such an awesome and amazing movie! You should definitely see it when you have the chance.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:12 PM   #10
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

I think Spirted Away is great. I watched it at my school and found out it is truly an amazing movie. I suggest you see it before your friends do, or else they will spoil it for you.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:51 AM   #11
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Cool, but VERY odd.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:01 AM   #12
Ararax
Elven Warrior

i liked it, even though im not a great fan of animie, i also liked vampire hunter D and ninja scroll, so its got some good company.
Old 08-18-2003, 04:38 PM   #13
LOTR316
Hobbit

Location: a little world were wizards eat hobbit who eat dwarves who eat elves who eat men who eat orcs who eat themself, how the hell does that work? whatever!
I loved it ! it's one of the best animated movie i ever seen.
Thru shadow to the edge of night
Untill the stars are all alight
Mist and shadows, clouds and shade.
All shall fade.
All shall fade.
LOTR316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 11:05 PM   #14
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

We rented it on DVD and watche dit about twenty times (the boy loved it). I especially liked the artwork: the landscapes were amazing. The story was memerizing.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 05:45 AM   #15
Millane
The Dude

i watched it last week and even though i was pretty stuffed that night i really enjoyed it... not as good as Princess Mononoke but definately a great movie... The man-baby was awesome and it was funnier because we call my friend man-baby and he is exactly like him (to some extent) i just love him "play with me or ill break your arm" and "if you dont play with me, ill cry, and then mum will come, and she'll kill you" hahahaha what a champ
Old 08-25-2003, 01:32 PM   #16
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Favorite scene: taking the train across the water- the colors as it slowly fades to night- incredible.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote