Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 08:13 PM   #1
Pippin Skywalker
Enting

Enterprise---This IS Star Trek Correct?

I 've watched some episodes including the most recent season premiere and have a number of thoughts on it.
The problem with this series is it doesn't feel as Trekish as the other ones....the set for the ship is boring...and worse...the cast is the lack luster. Bakula's captain is not unique like Picard or other captains....the whole crew lacks the interesting character of previous crews. Every other series had good characters...what happened with this one? It's a real shame
I like T'pol. She at least is somewhat true to former Treks. The rest could almost be mistaken for other Sci-Fi series which copy ST like Babylon 5 or Farscape. Poorly put together....it should not be this way!

what do you think of my rants? Does anyone else see what I see?
It is SO dissapointing

Note: That was not an actual quote from J.R.R. Tolkien's novel!
Old 09-19-2002, 09:34 PM   #2
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Firstly, welcome... back.

I've only seen a few eps, so I guess I can't really comment, but that's never stopped me before.

I have a few problems with it. There's no captains log, the theme song sucks, and Bakula keeps looking like an excited little boy, rather than an authoritive captain. T'Pol looks like she has a carrot wedged up somewhere where the sun don't shine, and she doesn't have any of the "character" that Spock had.

But then, I haven't really given it a chance... Star Trek kinda went downhill after TNG, and although I tried to watch DS9, I kept falling asleep during it.... I don't have any hopes of Enterprise being the next "it", which is sad because I really like Scott Bakula, and he was awesome in Quantum Leap - unfortunately his boyish charm is all wrong for Enterprise. *sigh*
Old 09-19-2002, 09:43 PM   #3
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Yes, enterprise sucks. There is already a topic about this show so I'm closing this now.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Closed Thread