Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2002, 11:06 AM   #1
Hans Moleman
Hobbit

Destroying the game

I have just recently watched the US masters where the magnificant tiger woods won his third covetated green jacket. Many people were amazed by his standards and competance over the rest of the field.

But has anyone thought of the concequences? It will soon be that no one will be able to beat him and what then? No one will want to watch golf.

Is tiger woods truely destroying golf?

"Ahh my brain"
Hans Moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 12:40 PM   #2
rainbow
Enting

i dont know much about golf but saw some of the masters and thought he wasnt going to win i was disappionted when he did

BANANERISM RULES!!!!!

the spotty dog chases its tail till all its spots fall off!
rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 02:22 PM   #3
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

by tiger woods being so good he is not discouraging competition but actually forcing the competition to get better to try and compete with him and overall improve the game. however the masters was kind of an odd exception because there were some very good golfers that had a shot to make a run at woods however they all crumbled, but overall tiger woods is a great thing for the game of golf. Dont you think it was funny to see all those old white rednecks at agusta give there precious jacket away to a little black boy? i mean back when those guys were playing they linched black people for stepping on the course!

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 05:55 PM   #4
aldesign
Elven Warrior

yeah, and then they were hired as caddies.

But racism in sport is in the past, lets forget it now.
And revel in his skill and talent. Well done Tiger,
and i agree, he's forcing the competetion to get better!

andy
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 06:46 PM   #5
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Quote:
Dont you think it was funny to see all those old white rednecks at agusta give there precious jacket away to a little black boy? i mean back when those guys were playing they linched black people for stepping on the course!
That may have gone on, but you don't know that that was these guys' opinion. I'm from the south and i hate it when people stereotype us as redneck/racist. Please don't label.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 06:49 PM   #6
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

This isn't a MEO thread? I'm heartbroken!
Old 04-23-2002, 08:34 PM   #7
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
That may have gone on, but you don't know that that was these guys' opinion. I'm from the south and i hate it when people stereotype us as redneck/racist. Please don't label.
I second that. We Southerners have to stick together.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 09:25 PM   #8
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

I have a better question.
What sport is there going to be left for us white men to dominate? Are curling (really a sport?) and hockey the only ones left?
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 10:44 PM   #9
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Quote:
What sport is there going to be left for us white men to dominate? Are curling (really a sport?) and hockey the only ones left?
Give me a break.

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2002, 11:05 PM   #10
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by emplynx
Why yes, there is, it's called a padded cell.

I've always found it problematic that Tiger Woods continues to endorse Nike, which is patently a sweatshop based sports lable. I dunno, I can't respect someone who doesn't give a hoot about poor, underpaid workers in Asia.