Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-15-2002, 07:14 PM   #1
Shana
Hobbit

Location: Littleton, CO USA, or Mirkwood, or possibly Lothlorien, maybe even the House of Tom Bombadil
Gandalf what is that quote...

When Frodo decides to travel to Moria alone, and he gets really sad, then Gandalf's voice comes to him, and gives him strength..it was an "echo" of something he had said to Frodo in the mines of Moria...whatever it as, it made me cry!
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:28 PM   #2
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

typo

i believe you made a typo, you ment to say mordor and not moria one of those times

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:37 PM   #3
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

Aaah, i hate it when this happens! Let's see, something about what you do with the time you have or something like that, lemme go get my book....

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 08:40 PM   #4
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

Okay, I can't find it, maybe it was only in the movie? Somebody help us out here...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
Old 04-15-2002, 09:30 PM   #5
GandalfTheWhite
Elven Warrior

hmmm

bare with me this is kind of para phrased. frodo says "i wish the ring had never come to me" and gandalf replies something along the lines of "so do all that live in such a time, but we must make the best of what we have" i think thats kind of close but maybe not who knows? somebody go see the movie again

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

"He who breaks a thing to find out what it is, has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf

"A thing is about to happen which has not happened since the Elder Days: the Ents are going to wake up and find that they are strong."
-Gandalf
GandalfTheWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 09:46 PM   #6
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

How about:
Quote:
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. What matters now is what you will do with the time that is given you."
Is that what you're looking for?

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:31 PM   #7
Earenya
Elven Warrior

That is the quote I thought of... its an excellent one, its a good thought for anyone's life...
Tiro! El eria e mor
I 'lir en el luitha 'uren
Ai! Aniron...

FRODO LIVES!
Earenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 10:44 PM   #8
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I like it too. I think I'll add it to my signature.

Old 04-15-2002, 11:09 PM   #9
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
It's sad all thoughs tears.. Had me in tears at the end of the premiere, had me in tears the fourth time I saw it which was....four months ago on my birthday. A long time not to see it. Thankfully it's coming to the dollar show soon. Sometime after the 18th. I'll cry then. I find Sam's"an' I'm comin with you" was bittersweet and Frodo's"no Sam I am goin to Mordor alone" was very heroic and brave. Makes me cry.
Sam the sentimental
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 11:43 PM   #10
Lanelf
Elven Warrior

Sam...*sniffle*

The "I'm coming with you" makes you cry? For me it's the -
"I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise. Don't you leave him, Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to."
*Sniffle*
Old 04-16-2002, 02:15 PM   #11
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

oh how right you are.
*sniffs more than anyone*
Old 04-16-2002, 02:21 PM   #12
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Sentimental girls. LOL

One of my favourites from the movie is
Frodo - "But I am going to Mordor alone"
Sam - "I know you are that is why I am coming with you"

Also the
'my brother, my captain, my king' thing from Boromir, to Aragorn, one of the few movie additions I liked.
I shouldn't say few movie additions I liked, I liked others but you know what I mean.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 04-16-2002 at 02:22 PM.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 05:26 PM   #13
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

Isn't it weird - at the Bridge of Khazad Dum my eyes barely watered. But at the end of the movie with all that with Sam and Frodo, I really cried! Oh and I loved that qoute Finrod (the first one). Everyone in the theater laughed (through their tears!). *sniff* I'm too soft, I know it...

Old 04-16-2002, 09:06 PM   #14
Shana
Hobbit

Location: Littleton, CO USA, or Mirkwood, or possibly Lothlorien, maybe even the House of Tom Bombadil
Gollum

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
How about: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. What matters now is what you will do with the time that is given you." Is that what you're looking for?

YES! That's it! Thank you! Yes, Gandalf the white, it was Mordo I meant to say he was about to ravel to...I just had the mines of Moria on the brain...

Last edited by Shana : 04-16-2002 at 09:11 PM.
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 10:52 PM   #15
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by galadriel88
Isn't it weird - at the Bridge of Khazad Dum my eyes barely watered. But at the end of the movie with all that with Sam and Frodo, I really cried! Oh and I loved that qoute Finrod (the first one). Everyone in the theater laughed (through their tears!). *sniff* I'm too soft, I know it...
You know why you didn't cry at the Bridge of Khazad-Dum? *WARNING*SPOILER ALERT* Because you knew that Gandalf was going to come back. The same thing almost happened to me.

Old 04-16-2002, 10:56 PM   #16
TinuvielChild
Padawan

i cried at Boromir the first 3 times, the second 3 times i got pissed at Lurtz but i didn't cry, and the next three times the senseless slaughter is going to make me sick. (not literally) i loved that quote too, but i liked Pippin and Merry at the Council of Elrond: "Anyway. You need people of intelligence on this sort of mission...quest...thing." "Well, that rules you out, Pip!"..."Great! Where are we going?"

heeheehee

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 08:07 AM   #17
galadriel88

Arwen Undomiel

Ha ha, Tinuviel. I forgot about that one! And you're right Khadrane. But my best friend, who had finished all 3 books when we went to see it, said she cried 4 out of the 6 times she's seen it! Oh well, I guess some of us are more sentimental than others...

Old 04-17-2002, 10:46 PM   #18
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

The second or third time that I went, I was getting really wrapped up in the Bridge of Khazad-Dum. Right after Gandalf said "Fly you fools!" someone in the theater laughed. Made me mad. I did get a little misty-eyed the first time I saw it though.

"You mean it comes in pints?!" is another of my favorite quotes.

Old 04-18-2002, 06:20 PM   #19
Bilbo Baggins
Sapling

I think that quote is in the book, but I think that Gandalf says it to Frodo when they are first discussing the ring at Bag End. It is just after Frodo first realises the enormity of the task ahead.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 07:30 PM   #20
azalea
Long lost mooter

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
The second or third time that I went, I was getting really wrapped up in the Bridge of Khazad-Dum. Right after Gandalf said "Fly you fools!" someone in the theater laughed. Made me mad. I did get a little misty-eyed the first time I saw it though.

I actually thought that was kind of funny in the book, very Gandalf-like to call them fools (not that his "death" was funny), but I don't think I'd laugh aloud in a theater, esp. w/ people who didn't know it wasn't "the end" so to speak.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote