Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2002, 03:45 PM   #1
arenya
Hobbit

Arwen Undomiel probably a stupid question....

while looking at some pictures from the tolkienmovies.com site, I happened upon one titled "sam & elanor". I'm assuming that no pictures from RotK have been released yet, so how could sam have a kid? He doesnt marry rosie until RotK, and has elanor afterwards. Does anyone know why they would post this picture, unless it really is from RotK? (yes, i know they're not doing the scouring of the shire...grrrrrr) Or does anyone know if in PJ's version of LotR that sam gets married and has a kid BEFORE he leaves with frodo? And if so, is this in the DVD release?

"I sit beside the fire and think/of people long ago,/ and people who will see a world/ that I shall never know./ But all the while I sit and think/of times there were before,/ I listen for returning feet/ and voices at the door." -Bilbo
arenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 05:07 PM   #2
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

Are you sure it's not a picture of Sean Astin and his daughter? They play the same corrosponding roles.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 05:23 PM   #3
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

really??? Elanor is sean's son??? wow!!!

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 06:30 PM   #4
Halley_Brandybuck
Elven Warrior

some pics from ROTK have been "leaked" and yeah, elanor is played by Sean Astin's real daughter... isn't that cute?

I am in search of an MPEG version of the trailer... if anyone finds one, let me know!

Do not meddle in the affairs of females for they are PMS-ing and quick to batter.

"He fears you Aragorn, and what you may become"

Two Towers in 6 months!
Halley_Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 06:44 PM   #5
Elf Girl
Lurker

It makes sense...they would look similer, athe way a father and daughter look.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2002, 09:23 PM   #6
Michael Martinez
Elven Loremaster

Sam does not marry Rosie until the third movie (and there are no guarantees they can fit all the final Sam/Rosie stuff into the movie). They were able to post a picture because the filming was not done in proper sequence. All the Shire scenes were filmed first, and then the Shire sets were destroyed (at least, the outdoor sets were).
Michael Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 05:55 PM   #7
arenya
Hobbit

Arwen Undomiel

thank you michael martinez! i tink it's really neat that elanor is played by astin's real daughter. does anyone know for sure how much of the "ending" of the book they're going to put in since there is no scouring of the shire?

"I sit beside the fire and think/of people long ago,/ and people who will see a world/ that I shall never know./ But all the while I sit and think/of times there were before,/ I listen for returning feet/ and voices at the door." -Bilbo
arenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2002, 07:10 PM   #8
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Theoden

anyone know if theyre gonna show the later events of the fellowship, like gimli and legolas building a ship and going into the west
Old 04-13-2002, 05:56 PM   #9
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Quote:
Elanor is sean's son
Umm correction Elanor is sean's DAUGHTER Alexandria and she is ABSOLUTLEY ADORABLE! She is SOOOO CUTE! Ohhhhh*squeaks* Check on the one ring website and find ALEXANDRIA ASTIN. SHe is too adorable for words. And I think that those pictures show that there is a Scouring. The background for one, Frodo sees the Shire being destroyed in FOTR so that must mean they set things to right abouts and Sam is coming home alone so that must mean there is a Grey Havens scene. How touching. I think that is the sweetest picture. Ohhhhhhhh
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 07:42 PM   #10
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Tar-Elendil
anyone know if theyre gonna show the later events of the fellowship, like gimli and legolas building a ship and going into the west
Seeing as the "I'm back." line looks good as an ending, I wouldn't mind showing short scenes of "Legolas and Gimli building the ship" in a box while the credits roll in.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...

Last edited by Arathorn : 04-13-2002 at 07:43 PM.
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 08:07 AM   #11
Legolas_BowKing
Banned

your right a stupid question
Legolas_BowKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2002, 07:12 PM   #12
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

Theoden

lol..or atleast show pictures of the cast with words under em like
Sam
The humble servant became mayor of the Shire for 7times in a row before crossing the Sea into the uttermost West in the year 1482 as last of the ring-bearers..
on second thought naaah..toooo cheezy
Old 04-22-2002, 07:59 PM   #13
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Even though they won't scour the shire, it's likely they will have the departure from the Grey Havens, and Samwise might return home for his classic last line. They can make a year go by in a few minutes in film.

I just hope they make it clear that Sam is the hero of the story. In the first one he seems like your average sidekick. But I just keep hoping...
Old 04-22-2002, 11:49 PM   #14
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Elfhelm, in the Fellowship Of The Ring(books) Sam IS an avarage sidekick. It's only in TTT that he shows his true colors and how wonderful he is. And I think they WILL show that. How the characters go through changes. Elijah Wood had a problem with going into the "Frodo under the Rings influence" change. Merry and Pippin start smarting up(Billy Boyd talks about how to be a little fair to them they start maturing as the films go on an' all), so I have no doubt that Sam will become the truely maginficent character he is.
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 07:03 AM   #15
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I think that Sam will turn into a great charachter too!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 04:23 PM   #16
Ërendil
Elven Warrior

I dont THINK that Sam will become a good character Varda- i KNOW he will be!!

"Hehehehe, moeru moeru!"

"That's it, set it all on fire; we're gonna smoke out Escaflowne!"

"Oh, I hit the wrong target... never mind that creature was useless to us anyway. Our orders were to get the girl? So he isn't our concern, we don't need him!"

^_^ Isn't Dilandau just fantastic? You just have to love the insane, murderous pyro :-D
Ërendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 01:54 PM   #17
Elf Girl
Lurker

Sam Gamgee

I think Sam will become heroic, because they need it for The Coices of Master Samwise.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote