Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-19-2002, 11:41 PM   #1
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

Mallard Fillmore!

Anyone else like Mallard Fillmore? He is the conservative cartoon character seen in my new avatar.
<===============
I really like his comic strip, it shows how stupid liberal American opinions really are.
I love his strip! check out this one
http://jewishworldreview.com/strips/...lard101801.jpg
And this one
http://jewishworldreview.com/strips/...lard011702.jpg
Got to love it!
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 11:45 PM   #2
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Hey, I'm a liberal! That's funny though - "Mallard" Fillmore, LOL!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2002, 11:49 PM   #3
emplynx

Quote:
Originally posted by FrodoFriend
Hey, I'm a liberal!
While I was posting that, I knew you would love me making fun of liberals...
Old 03-19-2002, 11:55 PM   #4
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

*grumbles*

**** conservatives . . . the whole world's gone crazy!

I choose the liberal path - Vegetarianism! Tolerance! Woman's choice! Non-violence and environmentalism! Brown bread! Cool Japanese electronics! Non-fat butter-like yogurt spread! That's what I'm talking about . . .

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

Old 03-20-2002, 04:22 AM   #5
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Hear, hear, FrodoFriend! I too am a liberal.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 08:18 AM   #6
emplynx

Quote:
Originally posted by FrodoFriend
I choose the liberal path - Vegetarianism! Tolerance! Woman's choice! Non-violence and environmentalism! Brown bread! Cool Japanese electronics! Non-fat butter-like yogurt spread! That's what I'm talking about . . .
Vegetarianism - Not a political view - do what ever you want.
Tolerance - The downfall of the USA - we can't let people do what ever they want.
Woman's choice - It is fine with me, only if women have to register for the draft, which they don't
Non-violence - Conservatives are not pro-violence - but war is a necessity of human kind (even Jesus says so in the Christian Bible, he says war will happen, but the end will still come.) show me one time when peace talks have settled a civil war.
environmentalism - Hogwash. Studyies show that the most endangered creature in the Rainforest is man. ANWR in alaska has 19,000,000 acres of land! We can put in some oil drills and not hurt it!
Brown bread - OK, whatever
Cool Japanese electronics - I, myself, don't have a problem with some imported goods.
Non-fat butter-like yogurt spread - I am sure that all liberals have to eat that...

Last edited by emplynx : 03-20-2002 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:38 PM   #7
Eruviel Greenleaf

Will I get in trouble for arguing with you, emplynx?

Vegetarianism: Well, I think there actually is a bit to do with polotics there, but I won't get into that.

Tolerance: Is not about letting people do whatever they want, it's about being tolerant of beliefs/ideas/actions, etc. that may be different from yours. I mean, there are, of course, limits, but in general, I believe that tolerance is far from being the downfall of the USA

Women's Choice: Do you really think that the government should be able to choose what is right for a woman's own body? It is her own personal choice, not the governments!

Non-violence: Look at Gandhi. Look at Martin Luther King Jr. Look at the end of apartheid in S. Africa. Then tell me non-violence doesn't work. War is a slightly different matter. There will most likely always be war.

Environmentalism: If we do not preserve the planet we live on, it will eventually be used up, there will be nothing left, because we will have used all of it's resources to the fullest extent, and they will be gone. Not to mention dooming many, many animals to extinction. Most likely including ourselves. As for the ANWR, I do not have time to explain why it is bad as I am about to be late for school, but when I get back I might just have to send you a letter I wrote to our senators on the subject. Oh, and WHAT studies show the most endangered creature in the rainforest is man? Now THAT is hogwash!

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-20-2002, 02:19 PM   #8
noldo
Elven Icon Maker

Sorry, but somehow I think the only thing that cartoon shows is that how stupid American conservatives truly are...
noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 04:43 PM   #9
Pailan
Elven Warrior

I liked the primates better, IMHO.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2002, 04:47 PM   #10
emplynx

Quote:
Originally posted by Eruviel Greenleaf
Women's Choice: Do you really think that the government should be able to choose what is right for a woman's own body? It is her own personal choice, not the governments!
Are you talking about abortion? If you are, you are going to get a piece of my mind.,
Old 03-20-2002, 09:28 PM   #11
Eruviel Greenleaf

Quote:
Originally posted by emplynx

Are you talking about abortion? If you are, you are going to get a piece of my mind.,
Bring it on! But you might want to stick to PM, as I don't want to get in trouble with the mods, as seen with discussions about homosexuality.

I have to agree with Pailan and Noldo; I liked the primates better, and it does seem to just show how stupid American conservatives can be. That is, of course, my ever so humble opinion.

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-22-2002, 02:07 PM   #12
Radagast
Elven Warrior

"The most endangered species in the rainforest is man"

Not too sure on that fact.
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.

Last edited by Radagast : 08-05-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Radagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 02:26 PM   #13
emplynx

Thank you Radagast
Old 03-22-2002, 03:14 PM   #14
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Oh but when the Revolution comes...

butseriosly the primates where funny

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2002, 10:15 PM   #15
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast
"A liberal is someone who's interests aren't threatened at the moment".
That is not at all true. I am extremely concerned with the environment (most people don't realize how very important it is; once we've ruined our planet it will be too late for environmental reform), and it is indeed threatened, especially by GW Bush's policies. Besides, the word "liberal" embraces a huge range of people. You can't possibly generalize us like that.

You think war is necessary? Why don't you ask a veteran what he/she thinks of that?

And exploitation is necessary too? I agree that we should use natural resources, but carefully and responsibly, and we should develop cleaner and more efficient energy sources - fossil fuels will run out, and nuclear power is very dangerous and polluting. And come on, don't you want places like Yellowstone and Crater Lake preserved - not just conserved? Personally, I would like to have a few beautiful, pristine places left, even if I never see them.

Not to mention having my beliefs called "rubbish" and "hogwash" in all seriousness rather hurts my feelings. I haven't insulted conservatives, have I?

Old 03-23-2002, 02:16 AM   #16
Eruviel Greenleaf

Go FrodoFriend! Way to stand up for your beliefs!!!!!

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-23-2002, 03:03 AM   #17
Eruviel Greenleaf

Hey, Emplynx! I'm still waiting for you to give me a piece of your mind on the subject of abortion! Please, I'd love to hear your side. And I promise not to let it get nasty. . .

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 03-23-2002, 06:05 AM   #18
Radagast
Elven Warrior

You've misinterpreted my remarks.

I stand by my liberal comment. I do not know the situation in the U.S. but in England there is a surge in juvenile offences. For instance, and this is a purely hypothetical situation, say a child of 18 terrorises a neighbourhood, commiting muggings, theft and injures several people. There is concrete evidence that he did the crime yet 'he still has his right' to call for a state lawyer, draining thousands of pounds and government effort out of the system just so he can argue his case. He should be allowed to argue his case but he should be brought before a bench of magistrates and defend himself, he should not be allowed to waste state funds and time by asking for a lawyer when there is a damned hospital nearby that is understaffed and badly-run because of it.

My point about the interests comment is that liberals clamour for the rights of criminals over the rights of victims. No one is a liberal when, exuse the harshness, their very own child is threatened. If your child was badly hurt deliberately by someone would you still be clamouring for the rights of the criminal? I think not, and I think that all liberals know this to be true you just cannot come to terms with it.

My point about the neccesity of war is really quite simple, the misinterpretation was on a basic level. I meant that the Second World War needed to happen.

Yes, I am all for conserving the environment, The development of new ways of renewable energy resources like hydroelectric power, tidal power etc. However, we must exploit what we have, making it last for as long as possible. Surely you see the sense in that?

Thank you for your time.
And bid the sickness cease;
And when your goal is nearest
(The end for others sought)
Watch sloth and heathen folly
Bring all your hope to nought.

Last edited by Radagast : 08-05-2004 at 12:01 PM.
Radagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 03:11 PM   #19
Alethes
Enting

I'm conservative too, and I like Mallard Fillmore. He makes a lot of good points. I especially like that first comic strip about the media stereotyping Christians.
-Proverbs 22:11
Alethes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2002, 06:16 PM   #20
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

I did not deliberately misinterpret you, so there's no need to get angry about it. I answered to what I thought you posted. Sorry if it was wrong. And this is my opinion as well.

Just a thought - you agreed that Christians are stereotyped (I agree as well, by the way, that does happen a lot), but here you are stereotyping liberals.

I have no trouble "coming to terms" with the issue you talked about. If someone harmed a member of my family, I would want them jailed under due process of law, yes. But remember, people commit crimes for a reason - revenge, money, insanity, whatever. Not that this justifies crime, but in some cases there is a cure. In any case, let the law take care of the criminal; I have a family member to grieve for. Don't assume that you know what people will do in certain situations.

Sorry, I misunderstood you about the war thing. I was looking at it from both sides (war does, after all, take two opposing sides). Yes, it was necessary for the Allies to go to war to save the Jews and other people being killed in concentration camps. But it was not necessary for Hitler to start the war. Hence, I don't think war in itself is necessary. If no one starts it, it won't happen.